Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 2 - Page 66 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-17-2008, 03:43 PM   #976
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 06:09 AM
my head hurts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Why do you people indulge a clown of this magnitude? I mean, come on, re-read this post. Either he's:

1) Completely jerking your chain to get a reaction, which is sad enough.

or

2) Believes what he says, which makes him a worse person than I already deemed him to be. Republican, Democrat, left, right, whatever, this is a loathsome post.

What a fucking joke.




Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Obama's experienced enough, Palin isn't. Quite simple, really. That's my opinion. That's Irvine's opinion. That's the opinion of many. The reasons are quite clear: Obama, on foreign policy, has plans, has stances, has knowledge; Palin has none of those things. Why is that so difficult?

Oh wait, I know why: Sarah Palin (R-AK).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i agree, but this also misses the point.

Palin should be compared to Biden, and to historical VP nominees.

compare Obama to McCain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
A very true statement.

Dems
Experienced Enough
Experienced Enough

vs.

GOP
Experienced Enough
Not Experienced Enough



Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Stop bringing up Clinton or Kaine or anyone not named McCain, Palin, Obama, or Biden.
__________________

__________________
Lila64 is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:49 PM   #977
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
No, they're not.

And, as an aside, why do you think Obama DID NOT choose Kaine?

They are as long as you continue to claim that x person is not qualified to be P or VP.

Obama chose Biden over Kaine because Obama felt politically that he needed Biden's Foreign Policy experience because of his lack of his experience in that area in order to have the best chance of winning the election in November. Had the Russians not invaded Georgia in early August and Obama's poll numbers on foreign policy gone so far south in the days that followed, you might have seen a different pick other than Biden.
__________________

__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:49 PM   #978
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,238
Local Time: 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Well, lets start with Kaine, please explain why Kaine is qualified to be Vice President of the United States and Sarah Palin is not qualifed. Should be an easy one for you.
Are you kidding me??

Your argument is unbelievably weak if you keep relying on Tim Kaine - a man who was not selected to be the vice presidential nominee, as a point of contention.

Find me where anyone here said "Tim Kaine is qualified to be Vice President of the United States and Sarah Palin is not qualified." What, having problems? That's because no one here said that.

Tim Kaine is not in this race. He was not selected by a presidential nominee to be his running mate. He is out of the picture. But since you clearly can't compare to Palin to Biden, you know, the two actual vice presidential nominees, you trot out an imaginary argument in order to make an imaginary point against an imaginary opponent.

Sting: skirting that fine line between Official Party Line Parrot and Forum Troll.
__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:52 PM   #979
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
Perhaps with his non-selection, Obama determined that he's not qualified.
With that logic you could say that Biden was selected because he was the only one qualified for the job.
__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:55 PM   #980
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,238
Local Time: 07:09 AM
Sting, do you believe that Sarah Palin is ready to take over as President of the United States should John McCain become incapacitated?
__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:57 PM   #981
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 06:09 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Sting, do you believe that Sarah Palin is ready to take over as President of the United States should John McCain become incapacitated?
Oh, oh, oh! Can I answer this one. Please? PLEASE???
__________________
Lila64 is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:58 PM   #982
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
With that logic you could say that Biden was selected because he was the only one qualified for the job.
I suppose you could say that if your logic were twisted...

Now I can see why very few tend to engage you in discussion.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 04:00 PM   #983
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Are you kidding me??

Your argument is unbelievably weak if you keep relying on Tim Kaine - a man who was not selected to be the vice presidential nominee, as a point of contention.

Find me where anyone here said "Tim Kaine is qualified to be Vice President of the United States and Sarah Palin is not qualified." What, having problems? That's because no one here said that.

Tim Kaine is not in this race. He was not selected by a presidential nominee to be his running mate. He is out of the picture. But since you clearly can't compare to Palin to Biden, you know, the two actual vice presidential nominees, you trot out an imaginary argument in order to make an imaginary point against an imaginary opponent.

Sting: skirting that fine line between Official Party Line Parrot and Forum Troll.
Whats weak and obvious dodge is this idea that Tim Kaine or anyone else who was not actually selected by Obama cannot be discussed when were discussing the issue of who is qualified to actually be Vice President or President.

The real reason no one here wants to discuss Tim Kaine's qualifications to be Vice President VS. Sarah Palin's is because they know that Tim Kaine is not much different from Sarah Palin when it comes to experience and being prepared to be Vice President. The entire argument that Sarah Palin is unqualified to be Vice President falls flat when you honestly and objectively look at everyone that has ever held the positions of President, Vice President, been nominated for the positions, or strongly considered for them.
__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 04:03 PM   #984
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Sting, do you believe that Sarah Palin is ready to take over as President of the United States should John McCain become incapacitated?
I certainly do, and I rather have her as President than Joey who voted against the first Gulf War(that even the French supported with ground troops), wanted to split Iraq into three different countries, and was against the Surge in Iraq.
__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 04:05 PM   #985
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,238
Local Time: 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Whats weak and obvious dodge is this idea that Tim Kaine or anyone else who was not actually selected by Obama cannot be discussed when were discussing the issue of who is qualified to actually be Vice President or President.

The real reason no one here wants to discuss Tim Kaine's qualifications to be Vice President VS. Sarah Palin's is because they know that Tim Kaine is not much different from Sarah Palin when it comes to experience and being prepared to be Vice President.
No. The real reason no one wants to discuss Tim Kaine's qualifications is because he wasn't picked. Obama did not pick Tim Kaine, so it's kinda pointless discussing the qualifications of someone that the presidential nominee decided wasn't the man for the job.

The Republican presidential nominee chose someone for VP who has questionable qualifications for the position (to put it mildly). The Democratic nominee did not. I don't know how much more obvious I can make it.
__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 04:05 PM   #986
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 08:09 AM
I give up. STING, your posting style disrupts this forum and makes it impossible for discussions to continue.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 04:06 PM   #987
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
I suppose you could say that if your logic were twisted...

Now I can see why very few tend to engage you in discussion.
Hey, your the one thats suggesting that Kaine was not selected because he was unqualified. If Team Obama really thought Kaine was unqualified, how the hell did he make it into the top 3 of his picks?
__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 04:07 PM   #988
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 09:09 AM
yup.^ (in reference to Pfan's post above)
__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 04:09 PM   #989
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Hey, your the one thats suggesting that Kaine was not selected because he was unqualified. If Team Obama really thought Kaine was unqualified, how the hell did he make it into the top 3 of his picks?
__________________
Lila64 is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 04:13 PM   #990
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,238
Local Time: 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Hey, your the one thats suggesting that Kaine was not selected because he was unqualified. If Team Obama really thought Kaine was unqualified, how the hell did he make it into the top 3 of his picks?
Your whole argument around Tim Kaine all but admits that Sarah Palin is not ready as well. The whole way you frame it basically says "well yeah, she's not ready, but neither was he!"

So here you have it, Sting. I will come out and say that I don't think Tim Kaine was the best choice. I think he we would be far less ready to assume the presidency as Joe Biden. I will go out and say he wouldn't be ready to assume the presidency.

That being said, let's get back to Sarah Palin, who as your Kaine argument implies, is not the most ready of candidates for VP either. Since she's so obviously unready, how the hell did Sarah Palin make it to the TOP of McCain's picks?






As for Kaine: here's my idea, stolen from none other than Karl Rove. Tim Kaine was on the list because he may have been a shrewd political choice to make - ie it would help him win Virginia but may not have been the best choice for the role a VP plays. Kind of like Sarah Palin. Obama at some point realized that, hey, maybe Kaine wouldn't be the right choice because he doesn't fulfill that essential VP role - readiness to take over as president should the need arise, as Joe Biden does. And Obama made the correct choice from a governance perspective, whereas John McCain did not.
__________________

__________________
Diemen is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com