Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 2 - Page 66 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2008, 03:43 PM   #976
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:09 AM
my head hurts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Why do you people indulge a clown of this magnitude? I mean, come on, re-read this post. Either he's:

1) Completely jerking your chain to get a reaction, which is sad enough.

or

2) Believes what he says, which makes him a worse person than I already deemed him to be. Republican, Democrat, left, right, whatever, this is a loathsome post.

What a fucking joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Obama's experienced enough, Palin isn't. Quite simple, really. That's my opinion. That's Irvine's opinion. That's the opinion of many. The reasons are quite clear: Obama, on foreign policy, has plans, has stances, has knowledge; Palin has none of those things. Why is that so difficult?

Oh wait, I know why: Sarah Palin (R-AK).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i agree, but this also misses the point.

Palin should be compared to Biden, and to historical VP nominees.

compare Obama to McCain.
Quote:
A very true statement.

Dems
Experienced Enough
Experienced Enough

vs.

GOP
Experienced Enough
Not Experienced Enough

Quote:
Stop bringing up Clinton or Kaine or anyone not named McCain, Palin, Obama, or Biden.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:49 PM   #977
Refugee

Local Time: 01:09 PM
Quote:
No, they're not.

And, as an aside, why do you think Obama DID NOT choose Kaine?

They are as long as you continue to claim that x person is not qualified to be P or VP.

Obama chose Biden over Kaine because Obama felt politically that he needed Biden's Foreign Policy experience because of his lack of his experience in that area in order to have the best chance of winning the election in November. Had the Russians not invaded Georgia in early August and Obama's poll numbers on foreign policy gone so far south in the days that followed, you might have seen a different pick other than Biden.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:49 PM   #978
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Well, lets start with Kaine, please explain why Kaine is qualified to be Vice President of the United States and Sarah Palin is not qualifed. Should be an easy one for you.
Are you kidding me??

Your argument is unbelievably weak if you keep relying on Tim Kaine - a man who was not selected to be the vice presidential nominee, as a point of contention.

Find me where anyone here said "Tim Kaine is qualified to be Vice President of the United States and Sarah Palin is not qualified." What, having problems? That's because no one here said that.

Tim Kaine is not in this race. He was not selected by a presidential nominee to be his running mate. He is out of the picture. But since you clearly can't compare to Palin to Biden, you know, the two actual vice presidential nominees, you trot out an imaginary argument in order to make an imaginary point against an imaginary opponent.

Sting: skirting that fine line between Official Party Line Parrot and Forum Troll.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:52 PM   #979
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
Perhaps with his non-selection, Obama determined that he's not qualified.
With that logic you could say that Biden was selected because he was the only one qualified for the job.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:55 PM   #980
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Sting, do you believe that Sarah Palin is ready to take over as President of the United States should John McCain become incapacitated?
Old 09-17-2008, 03:57 PM   #981
Blue Crack Distributor

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Sting, do you believe that Sarah Palin is ready to take over as President of the United States should John McCain become incapacitated?
Oh, oh, oh! Can I answer this one. Please? PLEASE???
Old 09-17-2008, 03:58 PM   #982
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:09 AM
Quote:
With that logic you could say that Biden was selected because he was the only one qualified for the job.
I suppose you could say that if your logic were twisted...

Now I can see why very few tend to engage you in discussion.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:00 PM   #983
Refugee

Quote:
Are you kidding me??

Your argument is unbelievably weak if you keep relying on Tim Kaine - a man who was not selected to be the vice presidential nominee, as a point of contention.

Find me where anyone here said "Tim Kaine is qualified to be Vice President of the United States and Sarah Palin is not qualified." What, having problems? That's because no one here said that.

Tim Kaine is not in this race. He was not selected by a presidential nominee to be his running mate. He is out of the picture. But since you clearly can't compare to Palin to Biden, you know, the two actual vice presidential nominees, you trot out an imaginary argument in order to make an imaginary point against an imaginary opponent.

Sting: skirting that fine line between Official Party Line Parrot and Forum Troll.
Whats weak and obvious dodge is this idea that Tim Kaine or anyone else who was not actually selected by Obama cannot be discussed when were discussing the issue of who is qualified to actually be Vice President or President.

The real reason no one here wants to discuss Tim Kaine's qualifications to be Vice President VS. Sarah Palin's is because they know that Tim Kaine is not much different from Sarah Palin when it comes to experience and being prepared to be Vice President. The entire argument that Sarah Palin is unqualified to be Vice President falls flat when you honestly and objectively look at everyone that has ever held the positions of President, Vice President, been nominated for the positions, or strongly considered for them.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:03 PM   #984
Refugee

Quote:
I certainly do, and I rather have her as President than Joey who voted against the first Gulf War(that even the French supported with ground troops), wanted to split Iraq into three different countries, and was against the Surge in Iraq.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:05 PM   #985
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Whats weak and obvious dodge is this idea that Tim Kaine or anyone else who was not actually selected by Obama cannot be discussed when were discussing the issue of who is qualified to actually be Vice President or President.

The real reason no one here wants to discuss Tim Kaine's qualifications to be Vice President VS. Sarah Palin's is because they know that Tim Kaine is not much different from Sarah Palin when it comes to experience and being prepared to be Vice President.
No. The real reason no one wants to discuss Tim Kaine's qualifications is because he wasn't picked. Obama did not pick Tim Kaine, so it's kinda pointless discussing the qualifications of someone that the presidential nominee decided wasn't the man for the job.

The Republican presidential nominee chose someone for VP who has questionable qualifications for the position (to put it mildly). The Democratic nominee did not. I don't know how much more obvious I can make it.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:05 PM   #986
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:09 AM
I give up. STING, your posting style disrupts this forum and makes it impossible for discussions to continue.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:06 PM   #987
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
I suppose you could say that if your logic were twisted...

Now I can see why very few tend to engage you in discussion.
Hey, your the one thats suggesting that Kaine was not selected because he was unqualified. If Team Obama really thought Kaine was unqualified, how the hell did he make it into the top 3 of his picks?
Old 09-17-2008, 04:07 PM   #988
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:09 AM
yup.^ (in reference to Pfan's post above)
Old 09-17-2008, 04:09 PM   #989
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Hey, your the one thats suggesting that Kaine was not selected because he was unqualified. If Team Obama really thought Kaine was unqualified, how the hell did he make it into the top 3 of his picks?
Old 09-17-2008, 04:13 PM   #990
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Your whole argument around Tim Kaine all but admits that Sarah Palin is not ready as well. The whole way you frame it basically says "well yeah, she's not ready, but neither was he!"

So here you have it, Sting. I will come out and say that I don't think Tim Kaine was the best choice. I think he we would be far less ready to assume the presidency as Joe Biden. I will go out and say he wouldn't be ready to assume the presidency.

That being said, let's get back to Sarah Palin, who as your Kaine argument implies, is not the most ready of candidates for VP either. Since she's so obviously unready, how the hell did Sarah Palin make it to the TOP of McCain's picks?

As for Kaine: here's my idea, stolen from none other than Karl Rove. Tim Kaine was on the list because he may have been a shrewd political choice to make - ie it would help him win Virginia but may not have been the best choice for the role a VP plays. Kind of like Sarah Palin. Obama at some point realized that, hey, maybe Kaine wouldn't be the right choice because he doesn't fulfill that essential VP role - readiness to take over as president should the need arise, as Joe Biden does. And Obama made the correct choice from a governance perspective, whereas John McCain did not.