Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 2 - Page 64 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2008, 02:55 PM   #946
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
I'm not asking you what you thought on 2/10/07, I'm simply asking you based on what you know at the current time about Obama's qualifications and level of being prepared for the office on 2/10/07, do you think he was prepared and Qualified to be President when he started his run for the office?

and i'm telling you that i don't know. there's no magic, arbitrary standard that one must meet. there are, however, several characteristics that successful candidates often share, not least of which are a record of engagement on national issues and foreign policy.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:00 PM   #947
Refugee

Local Time: 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i've explained repeatedly.

a president campaigns for your vote. a VP is selected by the P to take over.

Well, actually a VP does campaign for your vote unless of course the VP is selected while the President is occupying the office.

But you have stated that the qualifications for Vice President and President are different. To be elected a President does have to receive his party's nomination while the Vice President does not, but what were talking about here is qualifications, experience, being prepared etc. So what exactly is the difference?

Old 09-17-2008, 03:02 PM   #948
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:37 PM
oy vey mama..
Old 09-17-2008, 03:03 PM   #949
Blue Crack Supplier

Dear Lord, what a day this has been in FYM.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:04 PM   #950
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Well, actually a VP does campaign for your vote unless of course the VP is selected while the President is occupying the office.

But you have stated that the qualifications for Vice President and President are different. To be elected a President does have to receive his party's nomination while the Vice President does not, but what were talking about here is qualifications, experience, being prepared etc. So what exactly is the difference?
Maybe it would be easier if you just said what you want Irvine to say instead of trying to trap him into a response for three pages in a row.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:05 PM   #951
Refugee

Quote:
and i'm telling you that i don't know. there's no magic, arbitrary standard that one must meet. there are, however, several characteristics that successful candidates often share, not least of which are a record of engagement on national issues and foreign policy.

What was Governor Clintons record on foreign policy just prior to running for President?
Old 09-17-2008, 03:05 PM   #952
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

a VP campaigns for the ticket. he does not campaign for your individual vote for the individual election of a VP.

Quote:

i have outline how the president makes the case for his candidacy to the country, and how the VP is part of that candidacy -- the VP historically arrives with a long history of engagement in public affairs (even Quayle had more to offer than Palin) because the VP choice is traditionally supposed to be "safe" and "responsible." a president can be more of a wild card.

you keep wanting me to list something like, "at least 5 years of experience in national office," and aside from constitutional age and citizenship requirements, you're not going to get answers that don't exist to questions that don't have any relevance to the situation at hand.

keep at it!
Old 09-17-2008, 03:06 PM   #953
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
What was Governor Clintons record on foreign policy just prior to running for President?

it's been given to you. go look it up. i'm running out of patience.

you're not being half as clever as you seem to think.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:06 PM   #954
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Edge View Post
Maybe it would be easier if you just said what you want Irvine to say instead of trying to trap him into a response for three pages in a row.

Ding Ding Ding.. We have a winnah!
Old 09-17-2008, 03:08 PM   #955
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
From a legal stand point, by having a person pay for a procedure in an allegation it bodes better in a legal argument, but yes I understand your point-it leaves poor ppl out in the cold-which is sad.
A shooting victim should have to pay for the forensics test for fingerprints on a gun.

A stabbing victim should have to pay for the blood test to make sure it's his own blood on the knife.

If he's really just trying to get a rise out of people, he gets suspended, doesn't he?

NSW said it best: you're a fucking joke.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:09 PM   #956
Refugee

Quote:
it's been given to you. go look it up. i'm running out of patience.

you're not being half as clever as you seem to think.
Actually it hasn't. He was listed as being the Chair of the DLC but there is no record of any foreign policy positions that he took. Since your so convinced that Governor Clinton was qualified and Sarah Palin is not, I thought you might be able to list a few.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:09 PM   #957
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
A shooting victim should have to pay for the forensics test for fingerprints on a gun.

A stabbing victim should have to pay for the blood test to make sure it's his own blood on the knife.

If he's really just trying to get a rise out of people, he gets suspended, doesn't he?

NSW said it best: you're a fucking joke.

it's the anti-choice thing. a rape kit has a morning after pill.

that murders babies!
Old 09-17-2008, 03:10 PM   #958
Blue Crack Supplier

Obama's experienced enough, Palin isn't. Quite simple, really. That's my opinion. That's Irvine's opinion. That's the opinion of many. The reasons are quite clear: Obama, on foreign policy, has plans, has stances, has knowledge; Palin has none of those things. Why is that so difficult?

Oh wait, I know why: Sarah Palin (R-AK).
Old 09-17-2008, 03:10 PM   #959
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Actually it hasn't. He was listed as being the Chair of the DLC but there is no record of any foreign policy positions that he took. Since your so convinced that Governor Clinton was qualified and Sarah Palin is not, I thought you might be able to list a few.

what democrat placed Clinton on his ticket as the VP?
Old 09-17-2008, 03:10 PM   #960
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Actually, Yolland referred you to many of the foreign policy positions he took as chair of the DLC.