Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 2 - Page 62 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-17-2008, 01:09 PM   #916
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,474
Local Time: 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
I said at one point in time obviously not meaning currently.


and hence, the comparison doesn't work.
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 01:10 PM   #917
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
yes, STING. that's exactly what i'm saying. you're so clever. what logic!
Well, if you feel differently why not explain. You said June 4, 2008. Are you saying that prior to June 4, 2008 Obama was not qualified, prepared etc to be President of the United States? If you think its earlier, just give the month and year.


Can you name a single McCain supporter who will be switching their vote to Obama because he picked Palin to be his VP?
__________________

__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 01:16 PM   #918
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
he was elected president. a VP is selected by the nominee.

tell me, do you think Sarah Palin's experience is at all comparable to Andrew Johnson's?

because that's the actual comparison to be made, not the false choices and bogus equivocations you're setting up.
So your saying the qualifications to be Vice President of the United States are higher than the qualifications to actually be President?

Remember, the issue here is not that Sarah Palin has less experience than this person or that person, its the false claim that her experience or level of being prepared is not enough to qualify her to even be Vice President or President of the United States.
__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 01:19 PM   #919
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
and hence, the comparison doesn't work.
Well, you have already aknowledged that it does. The Illinois of the 1830s and 1840s(when Lincoln actually had some experience in elected office) is easily comparable and probably in many ways even more remote than the Alaska of today after adjusting for the differences in the time periods.
__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 01:20 PM   #920
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,474
Local Time: 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Well, if you feel differently why not explain. You said June 4, 2008. Are you saying that prior to June 4, 2008 Obama was not qualified, prepared etc to be President of the United States? If you think its earlier, just give the month and year.

no, i didn't say that. but continue to put words in my mouth. it's the only way you're going to get anywhere with your thinking.




Quote:
Can you name a single McCain supporter who will be switching their vote to Obama because he picked Palin to be his VP?

what does this have to do with anything at all? i've given you a long list of the Republican intellectuals who are disheartened at the Palin pick, and it's certainly not incumbent upon them to announce who they are voting for. displeasure and disgust at the Palin pick is widespread and deep as her unfavorables continue to rise. are you going to equate that with the two or three women that diamond has given us who are voting for Palin simply because she's a woman?

because that would make perfect sense if we're going to continue along this thought trainwreck.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 01:24 PM   #921
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
no, i didn't say that. but continue to put words in my mouth. it's the only way you're going to get anywhere with your thinking.
Well, then at what point did Obama become qualified or prepared to be President in your opinion? Give us at least the year.



Quote:
what does this have to do with anything at all?
List all the people you want to who have expressed some concern or for whom Sarah Palin was not their first pick for VP including myself.

Unless it changes how they will actually vote on November 4 its not really relevant.
__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 01:24 PM   #922
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,474
Local Time: 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
So your saying the qualifications to be Vice President of the United States are higher than the qualifications to actually be President?

Remember, the issue here is not that Sarah Palin has less experience than this person or that person, its the false claim that her experience or level of being prepared is not enough to qualify her to even be Vice President or President of the United States.

i am saying that a responsible pick for the VP -- as evidenced since the beginning of this country -- is that it is someone who is qualified and experienced enough to take over the presidency should they have to. yes, in many ways the "experience" required of a VP might be higher than that of a president, but not everyone lives in as rigid a world as you do. people like Kennedy, for example, might have been young and untested and relatively inexperienced, but their vision was compelling enough for them to win votes in the primary and then in the general election. and they usually choose VPs who are deeply experienced (like LBJ).

you are right. the issue is that Sarah Palin's experience has not prepared her to be VP or President. it hasn't. it's been amply demonstrated in her one, single interview, in her short record as governor of Alaska, and in her total lack of any engagement with national issues prior to August 29th, 2008.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 01:25 PM   #923
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,474
Local Time: 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Well, then at what point did Obama become qualified or prepared to be President in your opinion? Give us at least the year.


i told you: June 4, 2008.

he convinced more than 18m people that he would make the best candidate for the presidency.

of course, those of us who live in the real world know that life doesn't lend itself to such black-and-white thinking, but i'm willing to play along because it's a fascinating trainwreck of logic you've got going on here.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 01:35 PM   #924
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i am saying that a responsible pick for the VP -- as evidenced since the beginning of this country -- is that it is someone who is qualified and experienced enough to take over the presidency should they have to. yes, in many ways the "experience" required of a VP might be higher than that of a president, but not everyone lives in as rigid a world as you do. people like Kennedy, for example, might have been young and untested and relatively inexperienced, but their vision was compelling enough for them to win votes in the primary and then in the general election. and they usually choose VPs who are deeply experienced (like LBJ).

you are right. the issue is that Sarah Palin's experience has not prepared her to be VP or President. it hasn't. it's been amply demonstrated in her one, single interview, in her short record as governor of Alaska, and in her total lack of any engagement with national issues prior to August 29th, 2008.
If you really think the qualifications for Vice President are higher than the qualifications for President, please explain.

What national issues was Tim Kaine engaged in prior to Obama running for President?

What would Sarah Palin need to do in order to actually reach the level of being qualified to be President in your view, since at this time you claim that she is not qualified?
__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 01:35 PM   #925
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,656
Local Time: 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
Im sure Tawana Brawley agrees with you:
Swallow your pride and give up, you're just digging a hole. If the individual was forced to pay for their own rape kit then what is going to stop them from going to individuals with an agenda and falsifying information? Open your eyes, take off the partisan blinders and swallow that fact that she's wrong.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 09-17-2008, 01:39 PM   #926
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i told you: June 4, 2008.

he convinced more than 18m people that he would make the best candidate for the presidency.

of course, those of us who live in the real world know that life doesn't lend itself to such black-and-white thinking, but i'm willing to play along because it's a fascinating trainwreck of logic you've got going on here.
Then your saying you knowingly voted for someone in the primaries who you felt was not qualified, at that time, to be President.

Do you think Obama was qualified and prepared to be President on February 10, 2007 when he announced he was running for President? Do you think a citizen should first be qualified and prepared to hold a particular office before they actually start to campaign for that office?
__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 01:39 PM   #927
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
hiphop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the jungle
Posts: 7,410
Local Time: 06:44 PM
What, Palin is against the establishment?

Is she a communist?
__________________
hiphop is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 01:56 PM   #928
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
Swallow your pride and give up, you're just digging a hole. If the individual was forced to pay for their own rape kit then what is going to stop them from going to individuals with an agenda and falsifying information? Open your eyes, take off the partisan blinders and swallow that fact that she's wrong.
i think paying for a rape kit ads as a deterrent to false accusations of rape-which are huge these days-by your own allusion.

i think you're also underestimating the strength of womanhood, and women working together.

believe if a woman feels she's raped now a days, she will find a way to fork over the money to prove it.


it's ok, we can agree to disagree here as we do the majority of the time-civilly.

<>
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 01:57 PM   #929
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,474
Local Time: 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
If you really think the qualifications for Vice President are higher than the qualifications for President, please explain.

i think they are different qualifications.


Quote:
What national issues was Tim Kaine engaged in prior to Obama running for President?

Tim Kaine was not selected to be Obama's running mate.

Quote:
What would Sarah Palin need to do in order to actually reach the level of being qualified to be President in your view, since at this time you claim that she is not qualified?

in her next term as governor, she can give us a coherent statement on foreign policy. if you can find one given before August 29, 2008, i'd love to hear it.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 01:59 PM   #930
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,474
Local Time: 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Then your saying you knowingly voted for someone in the primaries who you felt was not qualified, at that time, to be President.

i voted for someone who i felt would be the best candidate for president for a variety of factors.

i'm sorry the world doesn't work the way you want it to.



Quote:
Do you think Obama was qualified and prepared to be President on February 10, 2007 when he announced he was running for President? Do you think a citizen should first be qualified and prepared to hold a particular office before they actually start to campaign for that office?

i think Obama felt he was qualified and prepared to be president on February 10, 2007, and he spent the following 18 months convincing the Democrats that he was. and it turns out that he was right.
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com