Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 2 - Page 60 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-17-2008, 10:24 AM   #886
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,998
Local Time: 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
I think if a woman or feminist were raped she would or should have no problem paying for an exam to prove it.
You're honestly that partisan that, in your attempts to defend Gov Palin in every possible way, you would say something like that?

Insurance covers Viagra-but women should pay for a rape exam then sue to recover the cost.

Woman or feminist? Is a feminist a third gender?
__________________

__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 10:25 AM   #887
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
Another PUMA Hillary supporter switches to McCain:

Top Clinton fundraiser backing McCain, not Obama 1 hour, 56 minutes ago



WASHINGTON - John McCain's campaign says the Republican is picking up the support of a top Hillary Clinton fundraiser and member of the Democratic National Committee's Platform Committee.



Lynn Forester de Rothschild has said she thinks Democratic nominee Barack Obama is arrogant and has a problem connecting with average Americans.

Rothschild is a member of the DNC's Democrats Abroad chapter and splits her time living in London and New York. She was one of Clinton's top fundraisers, bringing in more than $100,000 for her presidential campaign. She built a multimillion-dollar telecommunications company before marrying international banker Sir Evelyn de Rothschild.

Rothschild plans to announce her support for McCain on Wednesday in Washington.



DemConWatch: Lynn Forester de Rothschild is not on the DNC
__________________

__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 10:29 AM   #888
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
Rape is a crime that should always be prosecuted.

I think if a woman or feminist were raped she would or should have no problem paying for an exam to prove it.

Once the perpertrator is convicted, she could sue him for the costs involved.



<>
This is truly disgusting. So the poor and homeless women lose rights? What other physical crime does the victim have to pay in order to prove they were a victim? I can't think of one. A new low, and it makes me sad to see it...
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 10:38 AM   #889
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
They made Palin (who is most certainly NOT an intellectual by any stretch) look scarier than she may have come off if they included the full interview (especially the Russia question!!!).


except that i don't think they did. if anything, the editing makes her sound less uninformed than she is.

have you ever edited television before, Harry?
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 10:40 AM   #890
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post


diamond: do you care about the country, or do you just want to stick it to certain people?
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 10:50 AM   #891
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
Larger point she was well known Hillary supporter that has defected.

<>
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 10:52 AM   #892
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,998
Local Time: 04:23 AM
I am loathe to make such a thing personal diamond, but I hope to God that you would never place your political and ideological agenda above the psychological and emotional well being of any member of your family-God forbid they ever be in such a situation.

You should really step back and think about those statements. Think about saying such a thing to or around any sexual assault victim, and how hurtful that could be. Being a victim of such a thing is PAYING more than enough.
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 10:52 AM   #893
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
Larger point she was well known Hillary supporter that has defected.

<>
Maybe she too likes to punish rape victims
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 10:56 AM   #894
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
This is truly discusting. So the poor and homeless women lose rights? What other physical crime does the victim have to pay in order to prove they were a victim? I can't think of one. A new low, and it makes me sad to see it...
Did you mean disgusting?

Due process of law isn't fair for the victims sometimes, rape is a heinous crime and I certainly emphathise with your position, but our legal system is what it is.

Last time I checked the conservatives take a harder line on rapists than liberals.

From a legal stand point, by having a person pay for a procedure in an allegation it bodes better in a legal argument, but yes I understand your point-it leaves poor ppl out in the cold-which is sad.

<>
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 10:59 AM   #895
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
Maybe she too likes to punish rape victims

Statements like these...will never make you a candidate for the MENSA society.

<>
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 11:04 AM   #896
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
You're honestly that partisan that, in your attempts to defend Gov Palin in every possible way, you would say something like that?

Insurance covers Viagra-but women should pay for a rape exam then sue to recover the cost.

Woman or feminist? Is a feminist a third gender?
I don't think Health Insurance should cover Viagra, but I bet most ppl in your party (Democratic) would, in contrast to the GOP.

Furthurmore, in using Viagra there is no crime involved.

I will let you try and figure out the logic from there.

<>
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 11:10 AM   #897
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post

I think to critique Palin for her lack of experience--at least if you're an Obama supporter--is to wield a double edged sword. You have to be prepared to explain why the experience issue is important for Palin but not for Obama.
But so far, we really don't have any Obama supporters willing to do that. If one brings up the fact that Obama almost picked Tim Kaine to be his VP, its just dismissed because well Obama did not pick him, nevermind that he was in the top 3 considered. Would Obama have gone with Biden if Russia had not invaded Georgia in early August and polling afterwards showed a jump for McCain against Obama especially in the area of Foreign Policy?

The idea that Palin is not qualified to be President because of her current experience level in elected office is simply absurd. Would Governor Clinton look any better if he was plucked to be VP in 1988 or 1992? If your really going to be objective about this and take a look at everyone that has actually served as President, Vice President, was nominated to be by either party, or was seriously considered, since 1789, there is no way that you can honestly claim that Sarah Palin is not qualified to be President. Less experienced than many, but still qualifed given the experience levels of some who have served, been nominated or strongly considered for the position. Especially when looking at the number of Governors recently that have been on the winning ticket. Since 1968, every ticket that has won the White House has had a Governor or former Governor on the ticket with the exception of the 1988 election.

Its just crazy to claim that Obama was qualified to be President in February 2007 or even earlier and that Sarah Palin, the Governor of Alaska is not qualified.
__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 11:12 AM   #898
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
Did you mean disgusting?

Due process of law isn't fair for the victims sometimes, rape is a heinous crime and I certainly emphathise with your position, but our legal system is what it is.

Last time I checked the conservatives take a harder line on rapists than liberals.

From a legal stand point, by having a person pay for a procedure in an allegation it bodes better in a legal argument, but yes I understand your point-it leaves poor ppl out in the cold-which is sad.

<>
I always know when you feel backed in a corner, you either post a pic or correct someone's spelling.

Just because due process isn't always fair, isn't excuse to make it harder for the victim.

How does paying for a procedure bode better in a legal argument, that's the most absurd thing I've ever heard. So buying justice is a good thing? Now you are just opening yourself up for corrupt rape allegations.

If in fact Palin did this, she should be ashamed and I hope it gets said all over...
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 11:16 AM   #899
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
I don't think Health Insurance should cover Viagra, but I bet most ppl in your party (Democratic) would, in contrast to the GOP.
You speak to which you know very little of and you completely missed her point. It has been conservatives defending the fact that Viagra is covered my insurance and birth control isn't. Where have you been?
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 11:28 AM   #900
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,297
Local Time: 04:23 AM
Oh.My.God.

The legal system is what it is?

What other crime do we force the alleged victims to pay for the costs of investigation?? And then they sue for costs? What utter absurdity!!
__________________

__________________
anitram is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com