Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 2 - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-03-2008, 07:41 PM   #61
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,238
Local Time: 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
The public eye. Palin and Obama. "Lies and Scandal" versus "Love."
Right. The paragon of journalistic integrity, Us Weekly.
__________________

__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 07:51 PM   #62
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
it's strange that they're "furious" with the media over the pregnant daughter,

yet they're bringing her (rather hot) boyfriend out on stage tonight
ahem.

fiance.

__________________

__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 07:53 PM   #63
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2DMfan View Post
Maybe I am late to the party but I think I've finally wrapped my head around this choice.

McCain didn't pick her because she would attract the disenfranchised women from HRC's camp, which was a rather asanine proposition to begin with (aside from anecdotal bits about select voters here and there, it would take MILLIONS of her 18 million 'cracks in the glass ceiling' to matter).

He picked her because she would be a sympathetic punching bag and he could turn a lot of 'middle' voters against the media first and then by proxy against Obama.

Her qualifications are almost off the table right now.
First of all you have the Obama experience issue, not the most impressive resume.
"How can you attack her resume with a similar one?"
It doesn't merely take the issue of experience off the table FOR Obama, it makes her nearly impervious to the charge as well. A charge they KNOW will be made. Hence=punching bag

Then you have the idea that there is a vicious and ugly Far Left (examples" the slimey attack blogs like Daily Kos and the nutjob protesters who have showed up at BOTH conventions) They make her sympathetic to a lot of mothers with their attacks. The protesters work to turn middle American by themselves and their "unAmericanism" this doesn't have to do with the Palin selection directly but it works to form the "Far Left" narrative, as in, "they are all against us!!!" And then the flag waving begins...

Then you have the perception that the media was always in the tank for Obama.
It's made all attacks against her specious. They made the pregnant daughter thign an issue and it (IMO) has backfired.

Brilliant.

Now, does that mean it will change the election? Maybe not.
However, strategically speaking, I think it was a bold, smart move.

They've gone from the damage of Obama's inxperience, in which this well has run pretty dry to turn the tables and make this about the media being unfair to the poor mother whos' become a punching bag.

And we wonder why Republicans win elections.

Were you a math major?

<>
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 07:56 PM   #64
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2DMfan View Post
Maybe I am late to the party but I think I've finally wrapped my head around this choice.

McCain didn't pick her because she would attract the disenfranchised women from HRC's camp, which was a rather asanine proposition to begin with (aside from anecdotal bits about select voters here and there, it would take MILLIONS of her 18 million 'cracks in the glass ceiling' to matter).

He picked her because she would be a sympathetic punching bag and he could turn a lot of 'middle' voters against the media first and then by proxy against Obama.

Her qualifications are almost off the table right now.
First of all you have the Obama experience issue, not the most impressive resume.
"How can you attack her resume with a similar one?"
It doesn't merely take the issue of experience off the table FOR Obama, it makes her nearly impervious to the charge as well. A charge they KNOW will be made. Hence=punching bag

Then you have the idea that there is a vicious and ugly Far Left (examples" the slimey attack blogs like Daily Kos and the nutjob protesters who have showed up at BOTH conventions) They make her sympathetic to a lot of mothers with their attacks. The protesters work to turn middle American by themselves and their "unAmericanism" this doesn't have to do with the Palin selection directly but it works to form the "Far Left" narrative, as in, "they are all against us!!!" And then the flag waving begins...

Then you have the perception that the media was always in the tank for Obama.
It's made all attacks against her specious. They made the pregnant daughter thign an issue and it (IMO) has backfired.

Brilliant.

Now, does that mean it will change the election? Maybe not.
However, strategically speaking, I think it was a bold, smart move.

They've gone from the damage of Obama's inxperience, in which this well has run pretty dry to turn the tables and make this about the media being unfair to the poor mother whos' become a punching bag.

And we wonder why Republicans win elections.
I am not 100 % in agreement with you

but about 80 -85 % of what you wrote,
I have been giving some serious consideration.

I certainly don't believe she was a Miers type pick
and unless something much bigger than Bristol or Troopergate pops up

she will stay on the ticket


I think she validates McCain
in being

a maverick
going against some in her own party in fighting corruption
with Palin, McCain further distances himself from Bush / Cheney


McCain > Palin looks and sounds more like change and reform

than

Obama > Biden does.
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 08:00 PM   #65
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
U2DMfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: It's Inside A Black Hole
Posts: 6,637
Local Time: 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Right. The paragon of journalistic integrity, Us Weekly.
But don't you see Diemen?

That shit plays.

They've piggybacked the narrative that Hillary was being treated unfairly because of a biased media and instead of going after her liberal feminist vote (as many speculated) they are trying to make Obama, or at least subversively imply that he is the "affirmative action" candidate.

And who plays into this idea more than the patronizing media and the Far left?

The Republicans aren't saying "don't vote for the black guy!" they are saying "he doesn't deserve it, see, see, how the (as Bush said it last night) Far Left are behaving?" and included in that charge is the larger mass media itself.

It doesn't matter that you or I can argue the nuance of the situation, what matters is how people who don't delve into the details perceive it.

How does Obama deal with this? He can't right now. Not that I see.
Due to no fault of his own, he is burdened by this because the Democrats don't know how to respond properly. They can't force the media not to be sensationlist assholes. They can't disown the Left Wing nutjobs, which they should have already done.

They need to be consistent and pound on a singular message.
They can't go to the Iraq well because the Dem nominee will not even admit the reality on the ground in Iraq.

WOW. I asked myself after watching (in parts) that SNOOZEFEST of a convention last night and wondered "how in the hell can this election be close?" It's because the Democrats SUCK at this game. They keep trying to change the game rather than just play and win.

The sky is not falling but the Dems aren't doing the right things.
__________________
U2DMfan is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 08:04 PM   #66
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,297
Local Time: 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2DMfan View Post

WOW. I asked myself after watching (in parts) that SNOOZEFEST of a convention last night and wondered "how in the hell can this election be close?" It's because the Democrats SUCK at this game. They keep trying to change the game rather than just play and win.

The sky is not falling but the Dems aren't doing the right things.
Is it that close? Or is this the media narrative?

When pretty much all the electoral college maps right now have Obama either around 300 electoral votes or more.

As for your theory - I disagree mostly because it took McCain about 5 minutes to pick this woman. You've given them far too much credit ex post facto when there is nothing at all to indicate that they gave it ANY thought at all.
__________________
anitram is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 08:06 PM   #67
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 08:26 AM
Deep-

U2DMfan lost me at:

Quote:
Then you have the perception that the media was always in the tank for Obama.
When there is this:

Time in the Tank: 8 Cover Appearances in 9 Months | NewsBusters.org

8 VS 2 Time Mag Cover O vs Mac, plus Obama being on the news more than bongo these days.

<>
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 08:07 PM   #68
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
U2DMfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: It's Inside A Black Hole
Posts: 6,637
Local Time: 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
I certainly don't believe she was a Miers type pick
and unless something much bigger than Bristol or Troopergate pops up

she will stay on the ticket
.
I didn't try to imply she was a Miers-like pick at all.
I don't think she's leaving the ticket.
I don't think she was a bait-and-switch.

I think the reaction to her as a choice serves as an example of what the Republicans want to say they are up against. She's the lighning rod for them.

She unified the party in one fell swoop.
__________________
U2DMfan is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 08:07 PM   #69
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
As for your theory - I disagree mostly because it took McCain about 5 minutes to pick this woman. You've given them far too much credit ex post facto when there is nothing at all to indicate that they gave it ANY thought at all.
5 minutes ?

your source ?
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 08:10 PM   #70
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
5 minutes ?

your source ?
The fact that they've sent a large Republican contingent up to AK in the past few days, to do the vetting that they should have done in the first place, maybe? It's been reported by a bunch of media sources.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 08:10 PM   #71
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Is it that close? Or is this the media narrative?

When pretty much all the electoral college maps right now have Obama either around 300 electoral votes or more.

As for your theory - I disagree mostly because it took McCain about 5 minutes to pick this woman. You've given them far too much credit ex post facto when there is nothing at all to indicate that they gave it ANY thought at all.

M-

Gallup is not the most reliable polling data-they usually poll "registered voters" only.

Here's a cpl of suggestions for you:

Count polls with likely voters-that's usually more accurate.
Count the polls that include Nader Barr etc, becuause they usually swing elections.

Get back to us.



<>
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 08:10 PM   #72
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
U2DMfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: It's Inside A Black Hole
Posts: 6,637
Local Time: 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
Deep-

U2DMfan lost me at:



When there is this:

Time in the Tank: 8 Cover Appearances in 9 Months | NewsBusters.org

8 VS 2 Time Mag Cover O vs Mac, plus Obama being on the news more than bongo these days.

<>
You are incapable of any objectivity AT ALL, so I wonder why I even bother to respond.

1-While you were on hiatus for being an ass or whatever, I argued in this forum for 3 months that the media was in the tank for Obama. ASK YOUR BROTHER. We were on the same side.

2-As to the effectiveness of the Plain choice,. it's unimportant what I THINK or WHAT YOU THINK, its the PERCEPTION of undecided voters. Who are certainly not predisposed to your biases.

I beleive what I believe about the media's bias.
It's not important to the analysis of what this pick was supposed to be.

Not a math major, but I do sit at the adults table.
__________________
U2DMfan is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 08:16 PM   #73
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
The fact that they've sent a large Republican contingent up to AK in the past few days, to do the vetting that they should have done in the first place, maybe? It's been reported by a bunch of media sources.

This contigent was in place to go and do counter damage control to which ever state the pick was from.

They would have been in Minn if Tim Pawlenty was the pick to counter Democratic opposition teams.
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 08:19 PM   #74
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
U2DMfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: It's Inside A Black Hole
Posts: 6,637
Local Time: 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Is it that close? Or is this the media narrative?

When pretty much all the electoral college maps right now have Obama either around 300 electoral votes or more.

As for your theory - I disagree mostly because it took McCain about 5 minutes to pick this woman. You've given them far too much credit ex post facto when there is nothing at all to indicate that they gave it ANY thought at all.
It's close. Just pretend I supplied a poll to justify my argument, because that's all polls are worth. They can be made to say whatever you want to say. You know this.

You are giving people like Charlie Black too little credit.

They knew they didn't have a solid choice that would please all comers.
So they spent a lot of time thinking out of the box.
I think they knew that they had to unify the party as "us against them"
This is how they did it.

It's a theory anyways, I cettainly could be wrong.
__________________
U2DMfan is offline  
Old 09-03-2008, 08:28 PM   #75
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2DMfan View Post
You are incapable of any objectivity AT ALL, so I wonder why I even bother to respond.

1-While you were on hiatus for being an ass or whatever, I argued in this forum for 3 months that the media was in the tank for Obama. ASK YOUR BROTHER. We were on the same side.

2-As to the effectiveness of the Plain choice,. it's unimportant what I THINK or WHAT YOU THINK, its the PERCEPTION of undecided voters. Who are certainly not predisposed to your biases.

I beleive what I believe about the media's bias.
It's not important to the analysis of what this pick was supposed to be.

Not a math major, but I do sit at the adults table.
It appeared you made a claim that the MSM wasn't being sexist.

I agree w #2.
And yes, I remember you pointing out the sexism of the MSM.

I got suspended for questioning a posters' manliness and have since made amends.

At the end of the day i think the undecideds will get it and see the bias and sexism of the MSM and vote McCain/MooseHunter.

At that point The Left will then raise the Diebold issue, voter surppression, a cosmic collusion with disgruntled and disenchanted battlestar gallatic fans attempting to cause an uproar, when my the virtue of her velvet glove VP Sarah will veto their ill fated attempts of overturning the election.

Mac will then serve one term after having suffered a stroke with Cindy while frollicking on the South lawn in his 37th month of service.

So there.

<>
__________________

__________________
diamond is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com