Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
perhaps the only way we can deal with the continuous, shameless lies that are coming out of the McCain campaign is with the only thing that Sarah Palin has shown that she can offer the country: snark.

with thanks to Wonkette ...

Nobody is allowed to talk about lipstick and various animals you would put it on, unless you are Sarah Palin. For example, when Barack Obama was talking about the Republican health care plan and called it “putting lipstick on a pig,” this was obviously a Sexist and demeaning SMEAR against the vice presidential candidate, who already made it clear that she was a bloodthirsty and vicious dog, not a cuddly, sensitive, intelligent little pig. Barack Obama needs to confine his language to simple one-syllable words and not use elitist compound nouns anyhow.

Sadly, that is the case. Feminism only wants women to succeed if they're liberal. End of story. If you're a conservative, you can't be a feminist because you're "a step backwards" or "extreme." You're only allowed to excel and gain high office and balance work and family if you're a liberal and pro-abortion. It's terribly sad.

Wow you've now played the race card and the gender card... :tsk:

And McCain said this right after Hillary
was getting a lot of press for telling a self-depreciating joke
implying that she was a pitt bull with lipstick?

why are you so willing to believe these lies about Barack Obama?

it must be because he's black.

see? everyone can do what the McCain campaign is currently doing.

the outrage today over Alaskan Lipstick Pig Gate is a lie.

I know that - Obama made the joke about lipstick on a pig and the McCain campaign is twisting to make it look like an insult to Palin, which it is not.

I'm just saying there's no lie in that video - it's just circumstantial evidence of the fact that the McCain camp doesn't for one second actually believe Obama was insulting Palin.

Sadly, that is the case. Feminism only wants women to succeed if they're liberal. End of story. If you're a conservative, you can't be a feminist because you're "a step backwards" or "extreme." You're only allowed to excel and gain high office and balance work and family if you're a liberal and pro-abortion. It's terribly sad.

He's got a point. At least the "feminism" we're all used to in North America.

And McCain said this right after Hillary
was getting a lot of press for telling a self-depreciating joke
implying that she was a pitt bull with lipstick?

So because she used the word "lipstick" no one can use a colloquialism that uses the same word? She owns that word no matter what the context now, huh? And if someone does use the word "lipstick" in anything that might be perceived as negative towards her or even her campaign partner, they can cry sexism and it should pass without question.

Sweet deal on her part. :slant:

So because she used the word "lipstick" no one can use a colloquialism that uses the same word? She owns that word no matter what the context now, huh? And if someone does use the word "lipstick" in anything that might be perceived as negative towards her or even her campaign partner, they can cry sexism and it should pass without question.

Sweet deal on her part. :slant:

who are you going to believe? a nice white lady or a black man?

see? this is how it works! what fun!

I guess I missed the part where bullheaded white women librul feminists are attacking Sarah Palin for holding a high political office while having a family. Did Gloria Steinem say she belongs at home with her baby or something?

The term "pro-abortion" is about as synonymous with 'pro-choice' as the term 'tomato' is with 'igneous rock'. Sure they're both things, but that's where it should end: what they are -- the very essence of what they are -- is wholly different. Just like 'Democrat'/'democrat' and 'Republican'/'republican'. It amazes me how much partisan illogic seeps not only into the rhetoric with which people discuss politics, but into the language with which some of these same people live their lives. I'm not really interested in that discussion so much as I'm actually curious about how much of it, on both sides, is individual thought and how much is party lexicon. If the campaigning is designed to win the votes of the unaligned -- and it must be, because it seems that party-aligned voters are by and large only willing to listen to the good about their side, and only the bad about the other side -- I wonder how effective smear campaigns, polarizing language, etc, can really be. I mean, if it's only really effective in bolstering the support of voters you already have I can't imagine that the tit-for-tat back and forth will influence genuinely informed, rational, unaligned voters. How is it going to sway them when all the bullshit that clearly has nothing to do with anything as far as running a nation is concerned? If anything, it'll just drive away votes that'd be relevant to actualizing a more true democratic process, the votes of those who are so frustrated from having to listen to idiots that they walk away from the process.

Last edited:
Got an email from a female friend today. I quote:
"And for the 1st time in my life, I'm worried about stupid white women."
I responded with something to the effect of 'damn them'.
She replied "She kills furry animals. Real f*ckin' pro-life"

\random

carry on!

Care to explain?

The "feminism" i grew up with in from the 1970's till now always carried with it a certain left leaning philosophy especially when it came to the subject of abortion - it was untouchable. Hence alot of these commentators, pundits and bloggers hysterical that a woman who is a type of "feminist" is right leaning and not left leaning. It's kind of pathetic really. And again, I tend to be way more left leaning. But what i see, read and hear is bordering on lunacy.

As a female, I applaud other women on both sides of the political spectrum for their accomplishments. However, I do have a problem with labelling women who are against allowing all women freedom of reproductive choice as being "feminists." If you don't personally believe in abortion, that's fine, but don't try to tell others they can't make that decision if it suits them. When it comes to politics, it just so happens that those who would take those rights away from others are Republicans. If that results in them being questioned about the validity of their feminism, so be it.

The "feminism" i grew up with in from the 1970's till now always carried with it a certain left leaning philosophy especially when it came to the subject of abortion - it was untouchable. Hence alot of these commentators, pundits and bloggers hysterical that a woman who is a type of "feminist" is right leaning and not left leaning. It's kind of pathetic really. And again, I tend to be way more left leaning. But what i see, read and hear is bordering on lunacy.

Well, there's some people in here who are making the issue of feminism all too black and white, they are saying woman in whitehouse = feminism.

Yes feminism has usually been associated with the left because it was the left that was usually on the side of furthering women's rights. Social conservatives have always been on the wrong side of history when it comes to these types of issues. By definition social conservatism is trying to maintain status quo.

I think it's amazing the Republican party has taken this step, it shows the party is moving forward, but that doesn't necessarily mean the country will move forward as far as women's rights. This is a party where some of it's base are still very "traditional family roles" people, which Palin doesn't fit in. Plus there's the huge factor of I don't think any feminist is going to agree with Palin's belief that if they are raped they should be forced to keep the baby, that is a big step backwards if she has any say in court appointees.

It takes 2 weeks to get her ready for 1 interview. She's going to make a great President. :up:

Well she didn't have much of an advance notice that she was going to be picked for VP in the first place. I imagine that conversation went much like a teenage boy asking a girl out on a date... by text message.

U want to be my veep? txt back y/n

y

cool, c u 2morrow. cant wait : )

me either lol, bye

Got an email from a female friend today. I quote:
"And for the 1st time in my life, I'm worried about stupid white women."
I responded with something to the effect of 'damn them'.
She replied "She kills furry animals. Real f*ckin' pro-life"

\random

carry on!

do liberals "feel" that moose have fur?

;)

<>

Are you asking if moose have fur? Really?

The moose has a fur coat colored between reddish-brown and blackish-brown. In winter, their fur becomes a grayish color. Moose have a flap of skin hanging from their throats, which is called a "bell". Male moose have large antlers. These antlers fall off before winter. In the spring the antlers grow back again. Female moose do not have antlers.

I don't see why whether or not a given person(s) calls Sarah Palin a feminist has any import. Plenty of people argued over whether to apply the label to Hillary Clinton and Geraldine Ferraro, too; it's not like there's some universally agreed-upon definition of which specific beliefs the term entails. They've certainly all benefited from feminism to some degree or another.

So is this that "can-do, no-excuses, moose-hunting feminism" that's "a world away from the whining, sniping" variety Paglia speaks of? Is this what Palin's "not doing yourself a disservice by even mentioning it, just accepting that you're going to be under a sharper microscope, and working that much harder to prove to an even greater degree that you're capable" looks like?
I guess I missed the part where bullheaded white women librul feminists are attacking Sarah Palin for holding a high political office while having a family. Did Gloria Steinem say she belongs at home with her baby or something?
Any thoughts on these?

Last edited:
Are you asking if moose have fur? Really?

The moose has a fur coat colored between reddish-brown and blackish-brown. In winter, their fur becomes a grayish color. Moose have a flap of skin hanging from their throats, which is called a "bell". Male moose have large antlers. These antlers fall off before winter. In the spring the antlers grow back again. Female moose do not have antlers.

i dont picture moose as furry, nor cows or elk.

<>

i dont picture moose as furry, nor cows or elk.

<>

maybe you were thinking of cats?

hairless_cat.jpg

when i think furry, i think :

rabbits, baby seals etc

it appears some here feel that cows, elk, moose are the same type of fur as the aforementioned species.

<>
:sexywink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom