Is Jacko Innocent? - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2005, 07:30 AM   #106
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonosSaint
The 24 hour news. I'm beginning to think it is one of the worst things to happen to media. There's no distinction between what is important anymore. It's all just filler. Breaking news headlines on rumor--talking heads and dubious experts.

Every piece of information does not news make. It keeps us focused on the unimportant stuff. For the 2000 election, I ended up not caring who won, just so everybody would shut up.

It's bread and circuses.

End of rant.
I agree. They have to fiill the "news" shows with something, so they fill it up with information that no one really needs to know. I felt like that about the 2000 election, too. It was like "I've heard it all, would you please stop repeating it?"

Old 06-11-2005, 09:54 AM   #107
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy
If there were enough evidence so as to convict him they'd be done deliberating by now.
If there was no evidence to convict, they would have acquitted him by now.

There are a number of charges and it will take some time to thoughtfully go over the evidence as to each charge.

Old 06-11-2005, 10:11 AM   #108
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:20 PM
See, I am thinking he will be guilty on at least one count of something.

If he were innocent, they would be done by now.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:31 AM   #109
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:20 AM
I heard a while back that someone stated that the longer the deliberation, the better it looks for Jackson. I dunno if I necessarily agree with that, but that's what I was told some person had said .

Quote:
The 24 hour news. I'm beginning to think it is one of the worst things to happen to media. There's no distinction between what is important anymore. It's all just filler. Breaking news headlines on rumor--talking heads and dubious experts.

Every piece of information does not news make. It keeps us focused on the unimportant stuff. For the 2000 election, I ended up not caring who won, just so everybody would shut up.

It's bread and circuses.

End of rant.
My dad was just talking about that the other day. He said that when he was a kid, you had about an hour's worth of news on TV-the national news and then the state and local stuff. And they got all the really important stories taken care of in that time, and that was it. Nowadays, they need to fill up time, so they bring in stuff that isn't really as newsworthy as they make it out to be (and it gives them more chance to bring in those scary stories: "What may be lurking in your insulation" or something like that, making everyone all paranoid). It's crazy.

So yeah, in short, I would rather agree with you.

As for Jackson...sigh, the verdict is still out with me personally. Both sides have made this such a circus that I don't know who is and isn't telling the truth anymore, so I refuse to go to one side or the other on this one.

Oddly enough, though, I had a dream the other night that the verdict was in and he was found guilty (why I dreamt about the Jackson trial, I have NO idea...). So I dunno if that says anything.

Angela
Old 06-11-2005, 04:35 PM   #110
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Maggie1

Well, I think the accusers thought he would pay them off and that is why they made the accusations in the first place. Instead, he stood up to them and I don't think that is what they expected.
The DA filed the charges not the accuser. This family didn't go to police. I think it was one of the boys doctors that gave the info to the police to investigate. It's a criminal case the family doesn't get much of a say in what happens. I'm guessing they probably will pursue civil action, I'm sick to death of all these civil suits but still they would likely never see any money. O.J still hasn't paid a dime and Jackson could appeal for the rest of his life he's got enough attorneys. Book deal is how I guess the parents will profit. Hopefully it will go in a trust for this poor kid.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:52 PM   #111
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:20 PM
I hope he's found guilty, because I don't want to see him dance on a rooftop of a van again. I get the impression he might do that if found innocent.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:28 PM   #112
Acrobat

Quote:

It's bread and circuses.

End of rant.
I've about given up entirely on the TV news. I rarely turn on CNN or any other news network; usually don't even bother with the half-hour of national news on the big networks. I'm so sick and tired of it; 3 minutes of important news buried in 40 minutes of dreck (and twenty minutes of commericals).

I get my news mostly online, from major newspaper sites and the weblogs--I can read the top stories, and skip the entertainment and the "your-fabric-softener-is-killing-you" shit.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:02 PM   #113
Acrobat

All above was never proven diamond.As for catholic priest,it has been going on way before jackson was born. Just ask the nuns that served them.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:17 PM   #114
Acrobat

Thank you sallycinnamon.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:09 AM   #115
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by sallycinnamon78

I don't find that a particularly convincing argument, at all.

There are many messed-up celebrities (unfortunately) who are ridiculously paranoid about being stalked/burgled/attacked/murdered by deranged "fans".

Oasis' Noel Gallagher had a security system put in which brought down metal bars over all the windows, if any of them were tampered with... he also had a panic room built next to his bedroom, to protect himself and his family in case of intruders. Someone did try and get in, which is when we found about the lengths the Monobrowed One had gone to for the sake of securing the bedrooms in his house.

Personally, I don't find it surprising that these areas of such people's houses have extra security measures in place: when a person is asleep they are at their most vulnerable. So the extra alarms/emergency devices help ease the paranoia, I would imagine.
yep u know those minor young boys..that keep sneaking into his house uninvited..huge security risk.

and michael is not noel gallagher and noel doesn't have a penchant for young boys.

db9