Is it right to have your dead husbands baby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono-vox

Rock n' Roll Doggie
maze of your imagination, where the streets have n
A woman fought tohave her dead husbands baby a few years ago and now she is pregnant again with his baby- i think this isn't the right thing to go b/c the guy is dead but on the other hand i can see why she would have wanted his children

What are your thoughts on this?

If they were planning ahead and trying for children, I don't see what's wrong with it. Although, a couple of years is getting strange.

Some folks aren't blessed with easy conception. What on earth is strange about wanting to use his sperm even though he is dead? Dead is the choice word here. If children were on the cards before he passed on, then she sure as shit was likely to want his kids even more after he died.

So what you mean is, she is using his sperm from some sperm bank for artificial insemination?

And besides from being more meaningful, more personal, and more how someone would maybe want it.. This is How different from someone taking an anonymous sperm donation.. for an Aryan specialty.

L.Unplugged

what an odd situation.

I do think it's fine with the man's consent.
but being that he was in a coma and had sperm drawn from him then, without his consent... that complicates things. You may assume he'd be happy to help out with her child-bearing in the future, but I think assuming the intent of the deceased to any degree could become dangerous if practiced regularly. It would be wrong to tinker with a person's life once they've checked out... They left their mark, let it be.

I agree with Angela, here.

Basically, if the husband volunteered his genetic information in order to have a child later on, no big deal.

The hypothetical question that I would have is, what if the wife had sperm extracted upon the husband's death? (I'm assuming that's even possible of course.)

For that I have no easy answers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom