Is Hollywood About To Shatter A "Taboo"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
aw :)

I just found this article

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/09/12/brokeback.toronto/index.html?section=cnn_latest

"Asked a question about the U.S. gay marriage controversy, the two actors said they hope the film shows a gay relationship in a matter-of-fact, unsensational light and that it contributes to tolerance.

"If it does shed light on the idea that there's real love involved ... it's great," said Gyllenhaal. "When two people love each other, they love each other. And people should hold on to it as hard as they can, whether it's homosexual or heterosexual. "

MrsSpringsteen said:
It's also directed by Ang Lee, I found this on imdb.com - the trailer is there as well

Heath Ledger has a nude scene in which he jumps into a lake. The director intends to edit any actual frontal nudity out of the film, but a paparazzi took photos of Ledger with a digital camera. The photos have appeared on the internet and in some press publications.

According to reports, Heath Ledger nearly broke co-star Jake Gyllenhaal's nose while filming a kissing scene.

Two Men In Love at the Venice Film Festival, 3 September 2005
10/10

Author: bethlambert117 from United States

"It was a real ordeal to get into the screening. The anticipation was palpable. The film arrived surrounded by a plethora of innuendo. "A gay western" "Heath and Jake's hot scenes" As soon as the film started every imaginable preconception flew out of the auditorium. This is a remarkable, moving and powerful love story. The setting is that of a modern western "The Last Picture Show" comes to mind. Ang Lee's attention to detail verges on science fiction. You can actually smell the place. Extraordinary. I'm not going to reveal anything about the story - Gian Luigi Rondi a legendary Italian film critic, revealed the ending to a television audience, what was he thinking?! - The film will be enjoyed much more allowing to story unfold without having passages underlined and attention drawn to this or that particular. I felt compelled to write this comment because I'm overwhelmed. It has changed my perception, I must confess, about certain aspect of same sex love because I didn't think of same sex when I was watching it, I saw two human beings (amazing performances by both actors)I have the feeling "Brokeback Mountain" will make history, deservedly so. "

Thank you MrsSpringsteen:wave: Going to check it out right now:yes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom