Is God against religions that practice idol worship? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2005, 07:13 PM   #16
War Child

Local Time: 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by shart1780
I think most of those scriptures speak for themselves. I stated what I believe and then I showed scriptures to back that up.

I'm sure Jesus can literally hear the prayers, what I mean is that he doesn't answer them.
Wow that poor 5 year old buddhist dying of cancer.

I can't believe in a God that such an ass.

Old 04-26-2005, 07:13 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:26 PM
God's merciful, he'll answer anyone who prays to him, but he says he won't answer prayers to other Gods. If you think he's an ass that's your decision, but I disagree.

Old 04-26-2005, 07:15 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:26 PM
Me neither, specially since God heard me when I was just an atheist. He didn't wait until I used the magic word before He showed Himself to me...when He did I just knew.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:17 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie

But you prayed to Him. You called to him and he answered you. When you pray to Bhudda you're not praying to God.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:18 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Re: Re: Is God against religions that practice idol worship?

Quote:
Originally posted by Do Miss America

Christ said through him, the sacrifice he made. Christ didn't say you have to know me, you have to say this, do this or that; he just said through me.
Christ said "he who believes in me will not be condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already"
Old 04-26-2005, 07:20 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
But you prayed to Him. You called to him and he answered you. When you pray to Bhudda you're not praying to God.

You don't know what I said. Why are you supposing to know?
Old 04-26-2005, 07:21 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I'm sorry. What did you say?
Old 04-26-2005, 07:22 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by unosdostres14

You realize how much of a radical extremist point of view this is??????? It is pretty scary. "CHRISTIANITY IS RIGHT....YOU ARE ALL WRONG...YOU WILL BURN IN HELL UNLESS YOU SAY GOD'S NAME WITH A 'J' INSTEAD OF A 'B'. THAT MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE. YOU MUST FOLLOW THE BIBLE EXACTLY HOW IT IS OR ELSE GOD WILL HATE YOU."
Christ is pretty radical. Christ did indeed say that he is the only way to the Father and he also said that those who believe will not be condemned but thos who don't believe are condemned already. And don't go saying those are my words or shart's. They are the words of Christ himself.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:22 PM   #24
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:26 AM
http://forum.interference.com/t105220.html
Old 04-26-2005, 07:22 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Re: Re: Re: Is God against religions that practice idol worship?

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest

Christ said "he who believes in me will not be condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already"

So he didn't die for the world's sins, just the believers? That's not what I've been told. I mean let's look at Peter alone---he believed and then he didn't and then he did again. He certainly wasn't condemned in the eyes of The Church and its history. You weren't always a believer...you made a choice to cross that line so you couldn't have already been condemned if you believe yourself redeemed?
Old 04-26-2005, 07:23 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

Re: Is God against religions that practice idol worship?

Quote:
I know there 's alot of you (most of you) here who believes God accepts people of all religions into Heaven.

First of all, I'd like to know why you think this, and how you justify this belief. If there are any scriptures you think show this then I'd like to see them. Is there anything in the Bible regarding this? Do you believe the Bible is God's word?

I believe that God will not accept people who worship idols into Heaven, this could mean religions such as Bhuddism where idols are bowed down to.

I'll have some verses up shortly as soon as I find the ones I'm looking for.

Tell me what you think though. I want to discuss and debate, not insult and demean others. Let's have a healthy discussion please!
I think this because of the Bible....

I believe the Old Testament God is the exact same God as the God of the New testament.

I believe that throughout the Old Testament, God has demonstrated immesurable grace towards the creation.

God has continuously throughout the stories in the Bible attempted to redeem the world, as scummy as some of the characters in the Book are.

God has repeatedly CHOSEN people to act in a leadership capacity that I would not deam worhty of redemption, King David, Jacob for starters, were not necessarily people I would associate with nor think of as righteous by their deeds.

I believe the Bible is insipred by God's relationship with the creation. I do not believe it is word for word the literal word of God. I believe it is more like Plato's cave, and we are looking at the shadow on the wall verses seeing the actual thing. The shadow representing God's will is as close as we are going to get to the revelation of God until we die. Until then we are left with mankinds best interpretation of the shadow.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:24 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Jesus died for the sins of those willing to repent. If this weren't true than every murderer on earth would go to Heaven regardless of iff he asks for Christ's forgiveness.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:25 PM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest

Christ is pretty radical. Christ did indeed say that he is the only way to the Father and he also said that those who believe will not be condemned but thos who don't believe are condemned already. And don't go saying those are my words or shart's. They are the words of Christ himself.
I happen to not believe he said this. Considering the literary style and purpose of the writer at the time it was written is important to me. Do I believe the writer of the story BELIEVED this. Yes.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:26 PM   #29
Refugee

Some people in here seriously sound like radical extremists. It is scaring the hell out of me. I just hope you don't live anywhere near the Chicago suburbs.....
Old 04-26-2005, 07:27 PM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Jesus died for the sins of those willing to repent. If this weren't true than every murderer on earth would go to Heaven regardless of iff he asks for Christ's forgiveness.
How could God extend his grace to King David? He was in a way, a murderer.