Is God against religions that practice idol worship? - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-27-2005, 01:58 PM   #136
New Yorker
 
AvsGirl41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 2,948
Local Time: 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader


They may share similar historical roots, but they *are* two separate religions with two separate definitions of God.

Similarities in terminology or historical roots do not validate the statement that the definition of God is the same.

The point is not to create a political or social division, but to realize that theologically they are separate, distinct and incompatible with each other.
Again, I never said they were the same religon. You don't need to repeatedly stress the point--I made it, too.

All I can suggest is that you read Asma Gull Hasan's "American Muslims: The New Generation" and I think you will see how incorrect such statements about "their God" are.
__________________

__________________
AvsGirl41 is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 02:00 PM   #137
War Child
 
Do Miss America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In Ryan's Pocket
Posts: 738
Local Time: 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by shart1780

Will I always think they're God's children? No. Most of my friends aren't even christians.
That's just sad. Apparently you learned nothing from the story of the prodical son. You may reject your parents but you are always their children.
__________________

__________________
Do Miss America is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 02:01 PM   #138
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Washington State
Posts: 3,860
Local Time: 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Do Miss America


That's just sad. Apparently you learned nothing from the story of the prodical son. You may reject your parents but you are always their children.
What are you saying? That if I don't think they're christians I'm unaccepting of them? When I say God's children I mean christians.

I'd never turn my friends away, christian or not.
__________________
shart1780 is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 02:03 PM   #139
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,297
Local Time: 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox


Deep there are Jewish groups that believe Christ is the Messiah.

Although, most Jews would not agree.
I dated a "Messianic Jew"

and Jews would not agree is correct.

Messianic Jews do not qualify for Israeli citizenship.

but then again Zell Miller is a Democrat.
__________________
deep is online now  
Old 04-27-2005, 02:06 PM   #140
War Child
 
Do Miss America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In Ryan's Pocket
Posts: 738
Local Time: 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by shart1780


What are you saying? That if I don't think they're christians I'm unaccepting of them?

I'd never turn my friends away, christian or not.
Um, no why don't you read the comment of yours that I was commenting on. You claim not everyone is God's child and you're completely wrong about that. I think you seem to make up your own views sometime that or someone's feeding you some very bizarre scripture.
__________________
Do Miss America is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 02:07 PM   #141
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,297
Local Time: 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe


If I'm not mistaken, Jesus is nothing more than a prophet in Islam.
and what is he to the Jewish religion?
__________________
deep is online now  
Old 04-27-2005, 02:09 PM   #142
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Macfistowannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,129
Local Time: 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep
and what is he to the Jewish religion?
A good MAN, and a good moral teacher, as far as I know.
__________________
Macfistowannabe is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 02:10 PM   #143
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Macfistowannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,129
Local Time: 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep
I dated a "Messianic Jew"

and Jews would not agree is correct.

Messianic Jews do not qualify for Israeli citizenship.

but then again Zell Miller is a Democrat.
Zell
__________________
Macfistowannabe is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 02:14 PM   #144
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Washington State
Posts: 3,860
Local Time: 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Do Miss America


Um, no why don't you read the comment of yours that I was commenting on. You claim not everyone is God's child and you're completely wrong about that. I think you seem to make up your own views sometime that or someone's feeding you some very bizarre scripture.
I stated before that when I say "children of God" I mean christians.
__________________
shart1780 is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 02:16 PM   #145
War Child
 
Do Miss America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In Ryan's Pocket
Posts: 738
Local Time: 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by shart1780


I stated before that when I say "children of God" I mean christians.
Yeah you edited it after I responded, but still a very incorrect assessment.
__________________
Do Miss America is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 02:21 PM   #146
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,297
Local Time: 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
what is he to the Jewish religion?
A good MAN, and a good moral teacher, as far as I know.


If I'm not mistaken, Jesus is nothing more than a prophet in Islam.

your answers suggest that you are not well informed

or biased.
__________________
deep is online now  
Old 04-27-2005, 02:41 PM   #147
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,070
Local Time: 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AvsGirl41
All I can suggest is that you read Asma Gull Hasan's "American Muslims: The New Generation" and I think you will see how incorrect such statements about "their God" are.
I have statements similar to Mr. Hasan's beliefs. I have also studied with American Muslim turned Christian pastor. I'll look for his materials, but they clearly debunk Mr. Hasan's assertions.
__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 02:45 PM   #148
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep



your answers suggest that you are not well informed

or biased.
No, he's correct. Jesus is a prophet to the Muslims, not the Son Of God, not God.
__________________
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 02:48 PM   #149
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,297
Local Time: 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest


No, he's correct. Jesus is a prophet to the Muslims, not the Son Of God, not God.
and what is he to the Jewish religion?
__________________
deep is online now  
Old 04-27-2005, 02:58 PM   #150
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep


and what is he to the Jewish religion?
I'm sorry. I see what you're getting at now, and you're correct (if what you're getting at is what I think you're getting at).

According to the Jewish scriptures, any man who is not the Messiah who claims to be God is a blasphemer. Since Judaism does not regard Jesus as the Messiah, Judaism regards him as a blasphemer.
__________________

__________________
80sU2isBest is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com