Is everybody happy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ace Rimmer

The Fly
wondered why I was feeling less stressed ;)

Sky News

DRUG PROZAC IS ON TAP

Traces of the anti-depressant Prozac have been found in the water supply.

An alarming report from the Environment Agency warned that the drug is massing in rivers and groundwater used for drinking supplies.

Scientists have said that Prozac finds its way into the water table from treated sewage and may affect human fertility.

The exact amount of the substance in the supply is unknown but the agency's report said it could potentially be toxic in the water table.

But a spokesman for the Drinking Water Inspectorate said the traces were unlikely to be a danger to health.

He said: "It is extremely unlikely that there is a risk, as such drugs are excreted in very low concentrations.

"Advanced treatment processes installed for pesticide removal are effective in removing drug residues."

The reassurance, though, was brushed aside by the Liberal Democrats.

Environment spokesman Norman Baker said it looked "like a case of hidden mass medication upon the unsuspecting public".

The Agency has held a series of meetings with the pharmaceutical industry to ascertain any risks from Prozac on both nature and human health.

---------------------------

hasnt affected me :eeklaugh: :wave: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :happy: :happy:

:confused:

I remember reading a similar article about estrogen (or "oestrogen" for your crazy Brits) in Britain's water supply a couple of years ago. Talk about "girlie men." :wink:

ThatGuy said:
I remember reading a similar article about estrogen (or "oestrogen" for your crazy Brits) in Britain's water supply a couple of years ago. Talk about "girlie men." :wink:

Good grief, what is this about drugs in the British water supply? It's kind of spooky.

Back
Top Bottom