Is Dick Cheney a Terrorist? - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2004, 01:37 PM   #31
you are what you is

Local Time: 07:34 PM
the majority of the americans believe it because it is being repeated over & over again by people like Cheney

it's not a simple A or B

“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 09-08-2004, 01:42 PM   #32
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
what's the worse thing for kerry...
a) that cheney said it
or
b) a majority of americans believe it
Shouldn't it be worded; b) a majority of Americans fall for it.

Old 09-08-2004, 01:51 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:34 AM
Why is the American public considered "duped" if they believe the GOP version of things?
Old 09-08-2004, 01:54 PM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:34 PM
I don't think it's necessarily the "GOP version"-it's the scare tactics/distortions that frankly I think underestimate the intelligence of the American public

Or should I say misunderestimate
Old 09-08-2004, 02:00 PM   #35
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
Why is the American public considered "duped" if they believe the GOP version of things?
Where the hell is there one shred of evidence that we're open to or will be attacked more so under Kerry than Bush? Peope are falling for the fact that the GOP have a crystal ball. Let the GOP stick to the issues and facts and let the people decide that way. Fear shouldn't be a tool in this election.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:01 PM   #36
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Shouldn't it be worded; b) a majority of Americans fall for it.
i don't have to fall for it... i've seen it with my own eyes
Old 09-08-2004, 04:03 PM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
The electorate does not have the attention span to study a candidates position on issues.
Then this is a testament to the failure of the public school system in America, AKA, yet another reason not to vote for Bush.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:28 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:34 PM
Quote:

Fact? It's funny what's passing as fact these days. Starts to put the everything else surrounding this election in perspective.

So now the polls determine terrorist attacks...
Who do you think is more likely to spend more money on the military and national security, Bush/Cheney or Kerry/Edwards?

Who do you think is more likely to take military action in the face of various threats in order to prevent terrorism, Bush/Cheney or Kerry Edwards?

Guess who would rather use the money being spent to support are troops in the field as well as the development of Iraq and Afghanistan on US Domestic programs? Guess who voted against funding of troops in Iraq and Afghanistan as well as money for the development of those countries?
Old 09-08-2004, 04:34 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by sharky
There's a lead because people believe these scare tactics. They came out after the Democratic convention to scare us with the idea that terrorists are going to attack the election. We've known this since the Madrid bombings in March. Tom Ridge comes out and says the New York Stock Exchange and Financial District are targets and raised the terror alert level for them to orange. Where has he been? NYC has been at an orange alert level since they instituted that dumb system. And can any of you say you're surprised the NYSE was a terror target? Isaw all the cops and National Guard there before that alert. Nothing has changed. But of course, that won't win votes the way scare tactics will.
Rubbish. There is a war going on and its absurd after 9/11 to say that the administration is trying to scare the public.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:59 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/1554217.stm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Cheney

http://www.globalpolicy.org/security...1/0627chen.htm

http://www.ontheissues.org/Dick_Cheney.htm

http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/usa/dick-cheney/

http://www.disinfopedia.org/wiki.pht...le=Dick_Cheney

I was asked before to post links to websites that would substantiate my position that Dick Cheney is a dangerous man. (Right next to Carl Rove) Here are some websites that would substantiate my position.

You do not have to agree with my position, but I am entitled to have it. You are entitled to yours.

I do not fight with others here about their opinions. I simply state mine.

Let's try to find better ways to respect each other's right to express ourselves without always having to wnder if you will be personally attacked for giving your point of view.

I'm sure this inhibits some people here from voicing their opinions more often.

LOVE AND PEACE.....or else
Old 09-08-2004, 06:59 PM   #41
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by STING2

Who do you think is more likely to spend more money on the military and national security, Bush/Cheney or Kerry/Edwards?

Who do you think is more likely to take military action in the face of various threats in order to prevent terrorism, Bush/Cheney or Kerry Edwards?

Guess who would rather use the money being spent to support are troops in the field as well as the development of Iraq and Afghanistan on US Domestic programs? Guess who voted against funding of troops in Iraq and Afghanistan as well as money for the development of those countries?
So sinking money into the military, no matter if it's placing it in the right areas or not guarantees safety?

Many have fallen for that logic, but it still doesn't make anything fact.

I don't agree with your everything is black and white thinking, I see far much gray that you don't.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:41 PM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:34 PM
I've spent the last month in New York (got back to Australia a few days ago) and so obviously was there through the whole convention. I didn't plan that in any way, and I didn't take part in any protests. But obviously the convention, the election and the Republican agenda were all that anyone was talking about. Hearing the views from dozens of other travellers from all over the world, dozens of local New Yorkers ranging from cab drivers to businessmen to students etc etc across all ages and cultures, and even spending an all nighter drinking and debating with 4 Republican delegates from Texas (!!) it was very, very interesting and I learned a lot.

God help the United States if you re-elect Bush.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:13 PM   #43
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by STING2
Rubbish. There is a war going on and its absurd after 9/11 to say that the administration is trying to scare the public.
Why is it absurd? it's historic. the Nazis did it.

Oh right, I'm not supposed to question my government. I'm not supposed to think they would ever do anything wrong. That's un-American.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:22 PM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by sharky

Why is it absurd? it's historic. the Nazis did it.

Oh right, I'm not supposed to question my government. I'm not supposed to think they would ever do anything wrong. That's un-American.
Great, here we go again with the "Bush is Hitler" type remarks. I think you can question your governments actions without making such absurd acusations and comparing them to the Nazi's.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:37 PM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:

So sinking money into the military, no matter if it's placing it in the right areas or not guarantees safety?

Many have fallen for that logic, but it still doesn't make anything fact.

I don't agree with your everything is black and white thinking, I see far much gray that you don't.
Military spending is vital to this country. There are so many things that often go underfunded in the military. The fact is, its money well spent. New weapons and Technology enable the military to win wars faster, and survive on the battlefield. Training allows the military to prepare for difficult situations and increases the chances of mission success, reduces causulties. Both of these things help to win war as well as deter war from happening in the first place.

Military personal and theif families deserve good pay and benefits. It makes me sick when liberals want to raid the military budget for all their pet projects. I'd like to ask them which weapon system do they not want are soldiers to not have? How much of their vital training do they want to cut? How much of their overall pay and benefits do they want to cut?

The fact is, the less you spend on the military, the more you bleed when war is or becomes necessary. The less you spend on the military, the more likely you are to invite trouble around the world. When opponents sence you are weak, that is when they are more likely to strike.

The United States was not ready for World War I or World War II. Had the USA been, as well as having been actively involved early on, millions of lives could have been saved. Having learned from that lesson, the United States built up its military forces not to long after the end of World War II and maintained a forward defense posture around the world in containing the Soviet Union. The Strategy worked very well successfully detering Soviet Agression in Europe and else where and preventing World War III. In addition, the United States won wars in the 1990s with historically low causulties. A strong military force has and will be required to defend and help secure the planet and global economy from major disruptions for some time to come. It is vital in the war on terror as well.