Is Dean Really Your Best Bet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The last election ran smoothly.....The Constitution Worked...

Anyhow....I predict Dean will win his home state....That might help.

Dreadsox said:
The last election ran smoothly.....The Constitution Worked...

Anyhow....I predict Dean will win his home state....That might help.

Smoothly?
Yeah sure The Constitution worked fine, it was the people empowered by the Constitution that abused it.

Skwege said:

Smoothly?
Yeah sure The Constitution worked fine, it was the people empowered by the Constitution that abused it.

Right....is that because it did not go the way you wanted it?

My feeling was that Florida was indeed controversial, and they should try to avoid all of those problems in future elections, if only so elections can have the *closure* they are supposed to have. Of course I was disappointed that my candidate lost. I was equally upset that the election didn't have the closure effect that elections are supposed to have. As someone who really gets tired of electoral politics after two :censored: years of the stuff, I really appreciate closure and didn't feel like it was there the last time. Just my purple tuppence's worth.

Skwege said:

Lord willing the same mess better not be repeated. If Bush is re-elected im moving to our fine neighbor British Columbia.
Literally if Bush is re-elected, I will be publically advocating Washington, Oregon, and California, secede from the United States and form our own nation:) I bet most of the European Union would recognize us instantaneously, just to stick it to the Shrub!

Will you be taking immigrants??
:wink:

anitram said:
Oh, please.

Gore screwed Gore over. Why should Green party supporters be blamed for his own ineptness to win so much as the state he is from. Lame.

I love Nader, have heard him speak. He is too good of a guy to be a politician. And if he's considering running, my feeling is he figures the Dems are screwed anyway.

:up:

For me at the time it was Nader or nobody. I was either going to vote for Nader or not vote at all. So I I voted for Nader and it's the only vote in the last 20 years I truly felt good about, regardless of the outcome.

joyfulgirl said:

:up:

For me at the time it was Nader or nobody. I was either going to vote for Nader or not vote at all. So I I voted for Nader and it's the only vote in the last 20 years I truly felt good about, regardless of the outcome.

Yep, my sisters would have stayed home if Nader hadn't been a candidate also. I have to give him credit, he knew what he stood for. I can't say the same about the guy I voted for. :mad: :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored:
*embarrassed*

Last edited:
Looks Like Growing Discomfort in Democratic Circles

Dean's Remarks Give Rivals Talking Points

BURLINGTON, Vt. -- Howard Dean's penchant for flippant and sometimes false statements is generating increased criticism from his Democratic presidential rivals and raising new questions about his ability to emerge as a nominee who can withstand intense, sustained scrutiny and defeat President Bush.

Back
Top Bottom