is comformity good or bad!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
love_u2_adam said:
i have to do a project on it and i was wondering what you all though if it was a good thing or a bad thing?????

It depends on context.

love_u2_adam said:
ummm doing every thing like every one else and being the same every day...umm ever read the book the giver????

I know what conformity is :huh:

I meant in what context are we judging if conformity is a good thing or not.

In the military conformity is needed, in art conformity kills.

Conformity is natural and necessary in certain contexts so I don't think you can simply evaluate it in one statement as being either good or bad.

Ask a more specific question....

You just have to write 2 paragraphs?

Conformity is good for instance when people obey traffic laws.

It's bad when it stifles new ideas and personal expression.

yeah, just write a paragraph on when it can be good (following laws like redkat said), then one on how it can be dangerous if taken too far and how it's good to question authority and how we are all individuals. then end it with an inconclusive conclusion where you basically talk about how it "depends on context" maybe using the words "balance" or "pendulum."

the teacher will love it :drool:

No, tell the teacher that conformity is always bad, and that as a committed libertarian you plan to fund and build your own personal motorway where your own rules will apply.

Also, the conformity of the atoms in my body is a bad thing because it prevents me from becoming the shining nuclear reaction that i am meant to be.

Conforminty means you will write a paper like everyone else.

Seriously, there are clear benefits to conformity, but some of our greatest steps forward are done by non-conforming individuals (science, the arts, etc.).

I've also wondered why those who chose to dress in non-conforming ways always look the same. :wink:

nbcrusader said:
I've also wondered why those who chose to dress in non-conforming ways always look the same. :wink:

it's the whole "I want to be different, just like you!" syndrome.

ah, high school ...

Conformity can be good, if it's stuff like stopping at red lights. You don't want to have an accident. It's bad if it's stifling your personality and creativity.

but what they really need is just a little room to breath
teeny boppin disco queen, she barely understands
her dreams of bellybutton rings and other kinds of things
symbolic of change but the thing that is strange
is that the changes occured

now she's just a part of the herd yeah yeah yeah
man i thought that you heard yeah yeah
the changes occured yeah yeah yeah
just a part of the herd

a bit from the song rodeo clowns by g love and special sauce for ya !

Back
Top Bottom