Is Chavez a real threat or Schizophrenic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chavez was obviously reading the FYM thread on the antichrist. I never knew we had such an impact on the world stage!

This guy is a clown.

Chavez is your typical mixed bag leader. His people generally like him, but he's apparently not particularly nice to the media there. He's been in Belarus, which has a pretty damned repressive government, with a sleazy dictator-like leader to boot. What's he learning there, for crying out loud?

I understand he is not a big fan of the state of Israel, is that correct? There was even a rumor that he did something to their embassy.

Chavez has made Anti-Semetic Remarks before and Sides with the Iranian president on Israel.

If you watch the video, you can see some of the UN members laughing, at him to his left.

Even Nancy Pelosi, can you imagine? Will FYM explode?

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - One of President George W. Bush's fiercest political opponents at home took his side on Thursday, calling Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez a "thug" for his remark that Bush is like the devil.

"Hugo Chavez fancies himself a modern day Simon Bolivar but all he is an everyday thug," House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi said at a news conference, referring to Chavez' comments in a U.N. General Assembly speech on Wednesday.

"Hugo Chavez abused the privilege that he had, speaking at the United Nations," said Pelosi, a frequent Bush critic. "He demeaned himself and he demeaned Venezuela."

Justin24 said:
If you watch the video, you can see some of the UN members laughing, at him to his left.
I think we've become desensitized by our politicians making broken promises. I believe that Chavez means every word he says, as does Ahmadinijad. They have strong mutual loyalty against the US and Israel, and have a way of communication that "feels the pain" of the American people, as if we weren't living under a democracy.

I say take Chavez seriously.
And boycott Citgo while we're at it.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Even Nancy Pelosi, can you imagine? Will FYM explode?

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - One of President George W. Bush's fiercest political opponents at home took his side on Thursday, calling Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez a "thug" for his remark that Bush is like the devil.
Oh my G-d...

:ohmy:

BOCAGATOR said:
No Chavez is just an idiot.

Here's why we need to take him seriously.

TEH03_a.jpg

INDY500 said:

Here's why we need to take him seriously.

TEH03_a.jpg

there is some truth to this ... (yes, i just agreed with INDY, now let's wait for the seas to boil and for the frogs to fall from the sky :wink: ) ... though i will also say that these two men are socio-political reactions to Bush. they'd have little to stand on if he didn't give them veritable podiums with microphones.

Don't forget he is friends with Castro and Bolivia's President too, who shares the same interests as Chavez, Castro and that Iranian dude, sinc his name is hard to spell.

I didn't forget. He's friends with all of those illustrious souls. Good for Nancy Pelosi. Good grief, we're agreeing on this???!!!

Justin24 said:
Charlie Rengal Defends Bush by telling Chavez he has no right to insult our President.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX1lBOxoJeU

Damn right he doesn't. Only we can insult our president and get away with it. :wink:

Bottom line: Chavez is an idiot asshole that does everything Castro tells him to do. Don't think for a minute that the arms Chavez is accumulating was his idea. It's Castro's.
As far as I'm concerned, the biggest mistake this country ever made was to not take out Castro when we had the chance in the '60s. That was when there were enough people (like my family) left on the island to aid in the Bay of Pigs crisis with U.S. backed support. Kennedy pulled out and now all democrats are forever hated by the Cuban people. (Okay, that's an aside, but it's true. 'Cept for me. ;) )
Now we've let Castro ferment there, he's kicked out everyone that isn't a communist leaving an army of people that are willing to do anything for "el Comandante." How do I know this? I have family there that communicate with us in code for fear that their neighbors will turn them in to the government. And just what happens when you dissent in a Communist government? You disappear. For who knows how long. A few days, weeks, months, or you might lose your life to a firing squad. Hard to believe that just 90 miles from Key West people are still being excecuted by firing squad for having an opinion.
Clinton has nothing on Fidel for charisma. The man has charmed his way across South America drilling up support from frustrated lower class citizens for a communism uproar (think Mexico that loves Fidel). So they pick some meathead in Venezuela and elect him in. That's Chavez for you. A meathead. Raised on the preachings of Castro of a better life through communism. Only this is the only communism the world has ever seen: corrupt communism. They are promised free healthcare. Yeah? How great a healthcare system, eh? (Which, although this site is really biased and hard to believe at times, this page is pretty accurate. I've had family members get infections from a hospital and lose their lives to it.) And sure, the schools are free to attend, but what kind of conditions can you study in? What kind of propaganda do they teach? When my mom's family voluntarily left Cuba in 1967, her teacher made her stand up in the class and ridiculed her. Called her a "gusano" (worm) for abandoning the revolution. (Revolution? Fuck the revolution!) My mom can't even visit her family/homeland for a vacation thanks to U.S. laws now.
Anyways, back to Chavez being an idiot:
He will be "voted" back into government on December 6th (?) this year thanks to a) cheating, and b) forcing those in the elite to pack up and move on out. (And if you don't believe me, try visiting the Doral in the Miami area or Weston. You'll find former Venezuelan millionaires trying to pick up the pieces). So we've got all these oppressed people getting "the news" from Chavez and Castro about how great the country will be if they are all in power.
We had a Venezuelan patient in our office today who is leaving her son behind (yes, yes, illegally) so that she won't have to take him back to the country she could only describe is: slum-filled.

So picture this for now: Castro is weak and feeble and needs a heir to his sick and twisted little kingdom. Who does he find?
TEH03_a.jpg

Two for the price of one.

I don't mean to sound like I know everything about the situation. It's just what my 20 year old mind can put together with the information I've been given. And I'm probably one of the only objective Cubans I know thanks to the fact that I'm not a raving Republican like the rest of my family are. I don't like Bush, but he didn't cause the problems that have made South American into what it's become.

All in all, scary times.

Also, if I see another college student with this guy:
guevara.jpg
printed on their shirt, I will stab them.

That's all.

I find it funny how he says Blair is Bushes Dog. More like he is Castros Bitch.

Luckily Danny Glover was around to introduce Chavez to a Harlem church group today. What a hospitable man Mr. Glover is. :banghead:

FINALLY AN OIL COMPANY WE CAN ALL LOVE TO HATE

From Wikipedia.com and Citgo Corporate Website

Citgo is a subsidiary of Venezuela's state-owned oil company, Petroleos de Venezuela S.A. (PDVSA). As such, it ultimately belongs to Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez. It is a United States-incorporated firm, a refiner and marketer of gasoline, lubricants, petrochemicals and other petroleum products

One of the USA's largest refiners; Controls more than 6% of U.S. refinery capacity

In July 2006 announced plans to cease serving 14% of their independent retailers in the United States; Previously supplied 14,000 retailers

How it happened:

1965---Citgo gasoline brand was inaugurated in 1965 by the Cities Service Company, a United States based energy company.
1982---Cities Service Company is acquired by Occidental Petroleum Corporation
1983---Citgo was sold to Southland Corporation (owners of the 7-Eleven chain of convenience stores)
1986--- 50% was sold to Petróleos de Venezuela
1990---The remaining 50% of Citgo sold to Peroleos de Venezuela
2004---Headquartered in Houston, Texas, with over 4,000 employees and annual revenue in excess of $32 billion.

What worries me personally about Chavez is that he´s been talking into Honduran´s current president Mel Zelaya (who is the biggest idiot I ever heard of. Didn´t even finish his college major. Doesn´t know the difference between "death penalty" and "capital punishment", and lots of other things) and he went a day after to condemn the "false free trade" and "monopolies" of the US towards his country. :tsk:

Chavez and his ideas worry me. With him getting supported by the far left, Cuba and Iran. Plus purchasing all these new weapons and training pretty much everyone in his country to be a soldier are we looking at him expanding and creating a south american empire?

The people are being Blinded by his Generosity, until its finally time.

Back
Top Bottom