Is buying bottled water wrong?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My situation is similar to that of mycocksean and redhotswami.

However, living 25 minutes south of the (locally) famous mineral water fountains and spas of Saratoga Springs, NY (the "Springs" named for, you gussed it, the water springs). Thw town was named after a famed Mohawk mineral water spring that was widely regarded f or its supposedly healing qualities. Apparenty the colonials and Victorians thought so too. There is some scientific evidence that the unique mineral combo (whatever it is, I have a book on this at home but haven't read it in a while) is theraputic and benefical if used properly. "Saratoga water" in the big blue glass bottles is a local institution. A few yrs back there was n outcry that the Sratoga Water Bottling Co. wanted to merge with some company in Vermont and the water would be A'dulerated" by Vermonet water, as a Vermonbet brance woukld open or something. Silly.

But it is a common sight during the warm months of the yr, esp in the mornings, to see people lined up on Route 9 and some sidestreets of downtown Saratoga with water jugs. Since the "organic" craze started it's become nuts--the town has actually had to pass laws regulating spring use. There are still 6 or 7 of the oldest and most famous "springs" still flowing. Over Saratoga's 250 yr history, the town board has "opened" various springs and closed others.

Warning, to those of you are tourists in Saratoga. If the water has reddish tint and tastes like sulfur, it;s the real thing. It isn't your Poland Spring health drink by a long shot. Not to knowck Poland Springs water...I, like redhotswami, buy the gallon jugs....as my tap water tastes worse than the Saratoga water. And I know that's not from a natural mineral spring.

Back
Top Bottom