Is Bush going to keep war going to ensure re-election? - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2003, 12:19 PM   #61
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:33 AM

More of Bono's Bi-Partiasim- fetishes

db3

Old 04-21-2003, 12:25 PM   #62
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:33 PM
Y'know, I'm seriously trying to be nice about this, but what part of "don't post any more pictures in this thread" isn't clear to you?

Old 04-21-2003, 12:35 PM   #63
Blue Crack Addict

For heaven's sakes I've seen that pic of Bono and Naomi Judd in PLEBA.......no joke. Is this a plot to get women's votes for Bush??
Old 04-21-2003, 12:41 PM   #64
ONE
love, blood, life

Listen ladies..
Bush is endearing to ppl because of his self effacing humor
and
that he relates to the everyman, like Clinton did.
Bono is endearing cuz he loves everybody.
Im endearing cuz im here and you all are enduring my silly antics

thank you-
db3
Old 04-21-2003, 12:50 PM   #65
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:33 AM
huh?

Charisma scale

1................................10.................................off the charts

GWB ........................ Clinton ........................ Bono

Certainly morally I am disgusted by Clinton's antics, but I cannot deny he has charisma.

And no matter how many wars there are, "it's the economy, stupid!"

Regarding President Bush, I'm not his biggest fan, but I truly do admire his recognition that he had a drinking problem, and the fact that he got sober. I will always give anyone tremendous credit for that.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:55 PM   #66
ONE
love, blood, life

Re: huh?

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

Regarding President Bush, I'm not his biggest fan, but I truly do admire his recognition that he had a drinking problem, and the fact that he got sober. I will always give anyone tremendous credit for that.
Me too. I have a friend who's struggled with a drinking problem for basically his whole life so I've seen how very difficult it is to overcome and I have tremendous respect for anyone who has done so.
Old 04-21-2003, 01:25 PM   #67
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:33 AM
I don't know what speeches you're watching diamond, but the ones I watch are scary. Every time Bush gets to a big word I'm always thinking "c'mon man, you can do it. Sound it out. es-tab-i-lish-ment. good job!" That being said, Gore became charismatic after he lost the election so it goes both ways.

Back to reality, I don't care about style, swagger, sizzle or charisma, if your tax plan sucks and data is going down the tubes, you're screwed. Here is today's story from the Wall St. Journal about today's data release, and its looking pretty murky.
"An important gauge of future U.S. economic activity fell modestly last month, although more recent factors suggest the worst is over.
On Monday, the New York-based Conference Board reported its index of leading economic indicators dipped 0.2% in March, a slight improvement from the revised .05% decline a month earlier. The index is designed to indicate where the overall economy is headed in the next three to six months.
Half of the ten indicators that make up the leading index decreased in March. The largest negative factors were building permits and average weekly initial claims for unemployment insurance.
The lingering question is whether the economy's anemic growth, pushed down the past several months by worries over higher oil prices, the Iraq war and potential terrorist attacks, is related to more long lasting fundamental problems.
The Conference Board said the biggest threat to economic recovery is a continued decline in consumer spending, which has been bolstering the economy in the absence of new hiring and business investment. Slowing consumer spending coupled with delayed plans to increase business investment "has effectively extended the soft spot that the U.S. economy has been in," said Ken Goldstein, a Conference Board economist.
The good news is that the rapid end of combat in Iraq has reduced the risk of another recession. It will probably take months to know for sure if war jitters have been the economy's main restraint, or whether more entrenched obstacles, such as the unwinding of the stock and investment bubble of the 1990s, are to blame."
Old 04-21-2003, 01:46 PM   #68
Blue Crack Addict

I agree, Sharky, it's bad politics to ignore the economy. If people don't have jobs they aren't going to give a damn about anyone's jokes, charisma, or other superfluous things. If it's really bad they'll spit out their guts on the incumbents. I remember all of the incumbents losing in 1992. Why? Economics. People may be more security conscious because of 9/11 but they still want jobs.
Old 04-21-2003, 02:11 PM   #69
ONE
love, blood, life

Re: huh?

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Charisma scale

1................................10.................................off the charts

GWB ........................ Clinton ........................ Bono

Certainly morally I am disgusted by Clinton's antics, but I cannot deny he has charisma.

And no matter how many wars there are, "it's the economy, stupid!"

i like openminded posts like this
Old 04-21-2003, 02:17 PM   #70
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:33 AM
Let me make this clear: NO MORE PICTURE POSTING.

One more picture posted in this thread and I close it, no questions asked.

And start a separate thread, in the regular FYM, if you want to continue the discussion about "Presidential Sizzle."

t
h
a
n
k

u

p
a
x

Join Amnesty.
Old 04-21-2003, 02:32 PM   #71
ONE
love, blood, life

ah
jeepers.

db3
Old 04-21-2003, 02:53 PM   #72
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:33 AM
The pictures served absolutely no constructive purpose. Everyone is sick of them. Simple as that.

Join Amnesty.
Old 04-21-2003, 03:10 PM   #73
ONE
love, blood, life

1000s upon 1000s of future words have just
been flushed
down
the
toilet.

thank u-

db3
Old 04-21-2003, 08:32 PM   #74
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by sharky
I don't know what speeches you're watching diamond, but the ones I watch are scary. Every time Bush gets to a big word I'm always thinking "c'mon man, you can do it. Sound it out. es-tab-i-lish-ment. good job!" That being said, Gore became charismatic after he lost the election so it goes both ways.
LOL at the speeches comment (and knows exactly what you mean)!

I'm sorry, but IMO, Bush has about as much charisma as my computer mouse.

Quote:
Originally posted by sharky
Back to reality, I don't care about style, swagger, sizzle or charisma, if your tax plan sucks and data is going down the tubes, you're screwed.
Exactly.

*Also agrees with verte

Angela
Old 04-21-2003, 09:23 PM   #75
The Fly

I agree with those who suggest the next election will hinge quite strongly on the state of the domestic US economy. And I can't understand why most of the rightwingers here seem to not even give this the time of day. Laugh it off, in fact. I'd rather see people tackle it head on. If the current administration is doing great things vis a vis jobs and prosperity in America, I'd love to hear about it. But nobody seems to even want to talk about it.

I guess it's conceivable that Bush could win the next election on his adventures abroad. That might indeed happen. But what about the election after that? Or the one after that? You can't just let things rot and fester forever.

I will say no more, as I do not live in the US. But I read a lot.