Is Bush going to keep war going to ensure re-election? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2003, 10:35 AM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:42 PM
i think only dubious thinking ppl believe gw would use a war to get reelected.

that said there prolly will really never be a end to the war on terror.
so the ques is who do you trust w keeping your nation safe and ridding the world of rouge tyrants.?

its not rocket surgery folks

thank u-

DB9

Old 04-18-2003, 11:05 AM   #17
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:42 PM
I've occasionally suspected what was stated in the original article in this thread: that the Bush v2.0 administration never intended to end the war on Iraq. Instead, it will be a new frontier in the war on terrorism, so we can keep pouring billions of dollars into military spending and ignore the fact that things are undoubtedly getting worse right here. Case in point: one of the very few expanding job markets for recent college grads is accounting. Why? Because as companies tank, more accountants and auditors are needed.

Things ain't no good at home and eventually Bush will need to deal with that.

Join Amnesty.
Old 04-18-2003, 11:52 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:42 PM
I'm not that impressed with the Democratic candidates so far, either, to be honest. But I still think the economy could haunt Bush like a ghost because you can't keep a sour economy out of a presidential election. The cookie just doesn't crumble that way. If the economy is like this in January of 2004, voters are just going to be pissed off no matter what's going on in other countries.
Old 04-18-2003, 12:45 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
i think only dubious thinking ppl believe gw would use a war to get reelected.

\/ in one post you prove dubious thinking ppl are right.

Quote:

that said there prolly will really never be a end to the war on terror.
so the ques is who do you trust w keeping your nation safe and ridding the world of rouge tyrants.?

DB9
Old 04-18-2003, 01:30 PM   #20
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:42 PM
Quote:

Let's see. A guy named Osama bin Laden tried to kill me. And I'm sure he's trying to kill more New Yorkers [including me]. And yet our president is so stupid he doesn't know the difference between Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein. So who do I trust with keeping my nation safe? Right now, not Dubya.
Old 04-18-2003, 02:04 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

I agree with you, sharky. (I think that's a first, lol)
Old 04-18-2003, 03:16 PM   #22
New Yorker

Sharky

This may spoil his chances just a tad more.

Spurned Bush wife promises tell-all memoir about 'the family that is a political operation'
By Rupert Cornwell
18 April 2003

First for a reminder of this:
Neil Bush figured in the 1980s savings-and-loan scandals as a director of the Colorado-based Silverado, whose collapse cost American taxpayers $1bn (640m), and has long been a Bush black sheep. He reportedly left his wife for Maria Andrews, a former worker on his mother's staff.

Then this:
Sharon Bush's PR is being handled by a former tabloid editor, Lou Colasuonno, whose spiel mixes hype with menace. The author "witnessed the evolution of a dynasty", he gushes. "She believes, and is prepared to reveal, that the Bushes are far more ... calculating than has ever been seen before. She will show that the family orchestrates its public image from top to bottom. She will reveal that the family is in essence a political operation."

We may find out how strung out on coke and alcohol our esteemed Dubyah actually was.
Old 04-18-2003, 03:25 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by sharky

Let's see. A guy named Osama bin Laden tried to kill me. And I'm sure he's trying to kill more New Yorkers [including me]. And yet our president is so stupid he doesn't know the difference between Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein. So who do I trust with keeping my nation safe? Right now, not Dubya.
Sharky
Every morning u wake up in NYC and realize there is not another 9-11 please blow GW kisses

And whats up w your stinkin Knicks?

thank u-

DB9
Old 04-18-2003, 03:31 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Every morning u wake up in NYC and realize there is not another 9-11 please blow GW kisses
Perhaps you could outline exactly what Bush has done, which presumably another President wouldn't have done, to keep NYC safe from terrorist attacks?
Old 04-18-2003, 03:44 PM   #25
New Yorker

Diamond only replies in soundbites, never a substantial answer. A picture says a thousand words lol
Old 04-18-2003, 04:04 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

thank u
db3
Old 04-18-2003, 04:21 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 04:42 PM
I'm sorry, but when I look for people out there who I feel could keep me safe, Bush is not the first guy that comes to mind.

One thing Bush has to do now and should do now is fix the Israel-Palestine issue next. If he got the Israelis out of Palestine, then that would make the Arabs happy, and then terrorist groups that want to gain power would be ignored, because these groups would sit there and try and tell the Arabs that America is bad...but if we do something for the Arabs by taking the Israelis out of their country, then the Arabs are going to just laugh in the faces of the terrorist groups, and they won't be able to gain support.

But Bush isn't smart enough to realize that. And therefore, the anti-American sentiment is going to continue to fester in the Middle East...and it's just gonna lead to a whole new mess of problems down the road-possibly another 9/11.

And so...sorry...I don't feel safe so long as Bush is running the country.

Sharky's right about the economy, too. Bush really needs to do something to get the economy going again. There's lots of places around here in my area that are closing-people are losing jobs right and left here in my area-and in a small town that wants to grow...that's not good.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scarletwine
I'm going to everything possible to keep the out of office.
Same here.

Angela
Old 04-18-2003, 04:23 PM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

dance
protesters
dance
Old 04-18-2003, 06:29 PM   #29
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:42 PM

Join Amnesty.
Old 04-18-2003, 06:29 PM   #30
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by sharky

Let's see. A guy named Osama bin Laden tried to kill me. And I'm sure he's trying to kill more New Yorkers [including me]. And yet I am relieved that we have a government in place right now that didn't sit back after America was attacked. They went after the men responsible, and although they have not gotten bin Laden himself just yet, they have left his organization in shambles, and continue to hunt down terrorists around the world BEFORE they have a chance to attack us, rather than after they do. So who do I trust with keeping my nation, my city, and myself safe? Right now, without a shadow of a doubt, George W. Bush.