Is Arnold doing something Right??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish other politicians had the backbone to break partisan lines in the name of what's right. I wouldn't imagine ever saying this but Arnold seems like a good Governor. Arnold is standing up for what he believes while my Governor has brought back segregation.

Of course it isn't but most legislation that comes up isn't. Legislation can only come when the window for it is open. Think about all the people that stem cell research could help down the road. How many of those people live in California? Do the math. It isn't the highest priority but it is important.

nbcrusader said:
Is stem cell research the highest priority for California?

It is for those who have a permanent health condition that could be cured by it.

Melon

I'm sure there is a budget for health & medication etc?
it's more a matter of locating than cuttting

I would hope so anyway, otherwise California has bigger problems than what budget item should be cut

There is a huge budget. But an even larger set of problems. If you are closing hospitals due to lack of funds, do you spend money on providing base care to everyone, or divert money to specialty research benefiting a few?

I would guess that there there's a seperate budget for maintaining quality and quantity of hospitals to the budget for investing in researching new medication

which makes sense because otherwise no money would ever not go to hospitals

I'm not even saying the right decision is being made here, but it doesn't make much sense to me to start talking about budgets which allocate money for different purposes anyway

it always boils down to one budget
but you can't even have a company performing in a healthy way if you don't allocate money to different areas beforehand, let alone an entire state

if California really doesn't do this then the State of California should try to seek some help from an accountant or something then

actually, praying would be even a better solution because you'd need an even higher power than accountants if you're not allocating money in budgets

They are allocating money, but when you create a new line item you need to take that money from someplace else.

My suggestion is that the allocation is as much a political statement as the ban of federal funding.

California can barely meet some needs, so it really isn't in the position of funding hopeful research.

medical research isn't a new line item though
well, normally it wouldn't be

I do understand that maybe California could use the money in a better way, but if they're using money that was allocated to medical research anyway then I don't think the budget should play (mroe of) a role in the decision made

nbcrusader said:
There is a huge budget. But an even larger set of problems. If you are closing hospitals due to lack of funds, do you spend money on providing base care to everyone, or divert money to specialty research benefiting a few?

with an aging baby boomer population

anything that may lead to a lessening alzheimer's is money well spent

based upon things you have posted in this forum
one would think you could understand this

How is it personal

when you post the information?

second this state, along with the country, is filled with aging baby boomers, you and I are not the only ones

Nancy Reagans crusade is not a personal one for her late husband (it is too late for him)
it is a crusade for all of us.

deep said:
How is it personal

Nancy Reagans crusade is not a personal one for her late husband (it is too late for him)
it is a crusade for all of us.

a misguided crusade at that.

dbs

Back
Top Bottom