Is a woman more likely go out with a man that won't have sex? - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2007, 09:40 PM   #31
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy

You disagreeing with me. How surprising.
You disagree that people can actually exercise self control and don't all have sex before marriage?

Sure, it's hard, but not THAT hard. I guess if sex is the only thing that matters to the relationship than it might be hard, but some people are in it for more than that.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:42 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:34 PM
Just don't generlize it.
If you said, it could happen, and it does sometimes happen, and not everybody has so much self control, or it could be sort of an "accident", than it would be perfectly right.

But to say "one thing leads to another" with leads being shouted is like saying "This will always happen, with (nearly) no exception", which is wrong.

Old 02-17-2007, 12:09 AM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje

You disagree that people can actually exercise self control and don't all have sex before marriage?

Sure, it's hard, but not THAT hard. I guess if sex is the only thing that matters to the relationship than it might be hard, but some people are in it for more than that.

I wasn't referring to the argument itself. It's just that BVS always finds a way to say something that's either against or tries to correct things that I said. That's what my post was about.

And for the record, no, I don't disagree that people CAN have self-control but I do stand by what I said that it would be better to avoid this situations and to just abstain because sometimes one thing CAN lead to another.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:57 AM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

And for the record, no, I don't disagree that people CAN have self-control but I do stand by what I said that it would be better to avoid this situations and to just abstain because sometimes one thing CAN lead to another.
Sure it CAN, but it won't if it's important to you and you have a discussion about it before you start getting it on. You miss out on a lot if you abstain from absolutely everything just b/c you don't feel like talking about it beforehand.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:35 PM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:34 PM
There are guys that actually want to wait til marriage? Where are these guys? I don't necessarily believe that sex has to be saved for marriage but I think it should be a part of a serious committed relationship, not a drunken Friday night activity. No one else seems to agree with me. no wonder i've never had sex.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:10 AM   #36
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by AtomicBono
I don't necessarily believe that sex has to be saved for marriage but I think it should be a part of a serious committed relationship, not a drunken Friday night activity. No one else seems to agree with me. no wonder i've never had sex.
That's not true, there are guys out there who agree with you. Just wait until you meet one and you care deeply enough about him, don't compromise what you believe. And what exactly is "wrong" with the fact that you've never had sex, considering you have such standards? Personally I think it's great You keep those standards and don't let anyone or anything affect them. I know it can be tough, but it will be well worth it.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:14 AM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

...just trying to help.
Yeah, help who? AC Green? According to Wikipedia he got married in 2002 and is still married, and remained a virgin until he got married. So I guess he had plenty of self control.