Is a woman more likely go out with a man that won't have sex? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2007, 11:43 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:59 AM
It really depends how you were raised. Usually in a relationship where the parties involved are over 18, after an extended period of dating/courting, the couple might make the decision to have to sex. There's nothing wrong with having sex as long as you are responsible and mature about it. Plenty of people have class and dignity and still have sex.
But, if you were raised to wait until marriage then sex is not really a favorable choice.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:22 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by MrPryck2U
Plenty of people have class and dignity and still have sex.
If you meant that as a reference to what I said about AC Green, well what I meant by that was that it must have been awfully tough for an NBA star to come out publicly and talk about his virginity, given what some in society might say and the reputation of some athletes. I'm sure he was probably ridiculed for it, but he always maintained his class and dignity. So if that's what you meant, yes I'm perfectly aware that plenty of people have class and dignity and still have sex.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:48 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

LOL! You're exactly right! AC played with Magic Johnson when Magic was sleeping with every woman he spotted. AC was wise to go the other way.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:17 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Re: Re: Is a woman more likely go out with a man that won't have sex?

Quote:
Originally posted by lady luck

the girl or the guy won't find great difficulties if he/she finds someonee who loves him/her for what he/she is and not just to have a partner...
See that's what I tell my sister.

Fortunately she's been in a relationship with a pretty great guy for awhile now, and I'm just happy for her on that count.

Thanks everyone for your responses. It was thought provoking and I'm sure the kids will find it interesting when we reconvene for class next week.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:23 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje

IMO, the main reasons people don't wait until marriage are because we know so much more about sex and having protected sex, and we are in relationships where it's not uncommon to be together for like 2-10 years before marriage. And, the reasons we get married are changing. We no longer get married simply for tradition or economic security. We have more ownership and independence in our lives, but still value sexual intimacy as an important part of a relationship.
Wow, Lies, I really disagree with at least part of what you're saying here. Do you really think people are having more sex because the "know more about having sex and having protected sex"? Because that's exactly the argument that anti-sex ed folks are making. If you teach them, they will do it.

I think, if it is true that "more people aren't waiting for marriage" (and I'm not convinced it is. . .I think people have been having sex before marriage since time imemorial. . .it's just people no longer bother to hide it) it's becaues it's more socially acceptable. And the other reasons you said. . .I just don't accept the first one.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:23 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by maycocksean

Wow, Lies, I really disagree with at least part of what you're saying here. Do you really think people are having more sex because the "know more about having sex and having protected sex"? Because that's exactly the argument that anti-sex ed folks are making. If you teach them, they will do it.

I think, if it is true that "more people aren't waiting for marriage" (and I'm not convinced it is. . .I think people have been having sex before marriage since time imemorial. . .it's just people no longer bother to hide it) it's becaues it's more socially acceptable. And the other reasons you said. . .I just don't accept the first one.
I wasn't talking about tweens when I said that. It's not the same as "getting my 11 year old vaccinated against HPV will cause her to have more sex." I should have specified: mature adults already in committed relationships. Maybe it's more socially acceptable because we know how to have sex without getting pregnant or STDs? Truthfully, if I was in a committed relationship for say three years and counting, and we didn't want to have a baby but no birth control pills were available, I'd not have sex.

Like you say, I'm also not convinced less people are waiting.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:32 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

If you meant that as a reference to what I said about AC Green, well what I meant by that was that it must have been awfully tough for an NBA star to come out publicly and talk about his virginity, given what some in society might say and the reputation of some athletes. I'm sure he was probably ridiculed for it, but he always maintained his class and dignity. So if that's what you meant, yes I'm perfectly aware that plenty of people have class and dignity and still have sex.
Plus, other guys do give you a lot of crap about being a virgin. You get questions like "what if you ´re wife isn´t a virgin?" and things like that that put you in a weird spot because you never know what to answer. It´s tough to be a virgin.

If you want to remain a virgin though, don´t do anything sexual at all because each time you´ll do a little bit more and then some more and before you know it you´ll be having intercourse.

So be careful.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:13 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy

If you want to remain a virgin though, don´t do anything sexual at all because each time you´ll do a little bit more and then some more and before you know it you´ll be having intercourse.

So be careful.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:02 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:59 AM
Re: Is a woman more likely go out with a man that won't have sex?

Quote:
Originally posted by maycocksean
than vice versa?

I know some women who say they HAVE to have sex before marriage because most guys won't go out with them, (or continue going out with them) if they won't sleep with them at some point in the future (outside of marriage that is). It's one of the reasons they feel "waiting for marriage" is no longer practical in todays world. Is the reverse true as well? Do you think in general a guy that wants to remain a virgin until marriage will encounter the same difficulties?

I'm having a discussion in my Bible class. I'd be curious to know what you think, and I'll share the responses with my students.
If we are jumping to get married before we are 20 so we can have sex it makes sense/
Old 02-16-2007, 04:33 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

...just trying to help.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:51 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

...just trying to help.
Help who? People do have self control you know. I have many many friends who stayed virgins until marriage (or still are) but were in no way prudes! Actual intercourse is only one of infinite possibilities as far as sexual intimacy, and many people will say it's not always the best (lots prefer oral sex).
Old 02-16-2007, 05:33 PM   #27
War Child

Local Time: 04:59 PM
If the song"Man and a Woman" is playing on their stereo, that crap will ensure virginity for the both of them at least for the night
Old 02-16-2007, 08:23 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

Help who? People do have self control you know. I have many many friends who stayed virgins until marriage (or still are) but were in no way prudes! Actual intercourse is only one of infinite possibilities as far as sexual intimacy, and many people will say it's not always the best (lots prefer oral sex).
Well, one thing DOES lead to another. If you have all the self control in the world, more power to you the advice is not for you. I was just trying to give some advice on the issue.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:27 PM   #29
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

So be careful.
Some people have self control. One thing doesn't always lead to another.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:35 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Some people have self control. One thing doesn't always lead to another.
You disagreeing with me. How surprising.