Iraqi Women Fear Regime Change (they may lose the few rights they do have) - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2002, 08:57 PM   #16
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend

Local Time: 04:47 AM
Now THIS is an unbiased response, diamond!

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
GW is a friend of mine.
I do not feel imposed upon by Mr W.

I think what drove the ppl to the polls was safety and security that this administration could offer..

diamond
I am also glad (and not surprised) you do not feel imposed upon. If you are able to refute any of the facts stated in this article, I would be all ears btw......

Peace,

Old 11-17-2002, 10:37 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:47 AM
Normal

Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs. Edge
Now THIS is an unbiased response, diamond!

If you are able to refute any of the facts stated in this article, I would be all ears btw......

Peace,

I can.
However, I refuse.

diamond

Old 11-18-2002, 01:21 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:47 AM
Mrs Edge, Deep,

I disagree with the cuts in funding in many of the area's that the article listed. At the same time, the articles claims in regards to Iraq, War on terrorism, poor in the USA, the election, and Pres. Bush's objectives, are inaccurate and baseless. They also have nothing to do with what I think is or at least should be the main point of the article, which was the poverty conditions of women in the third world. The article would have been decent and compelling if it had not been dressed up with such political trash.

National Security is a very important issue, just as important as the economy, health care, corporate scandels, the deficit, combined! It should be debated and should have recieved even more coverage than it did in the elections. Voters have every right to know where those running for re-election stand on the most important issues to this country. The Republicans are no more guilty than Democrats in attempting to capitalize or exploit any issue. The majority of the voting public agree's, and may not have liked Democrats attempts to duck the issue or make national security virtually a non-issue. National Security is very important and every voter has the right to know where their candidates stand on a multitude of national security issues.
Old 11-18-2002, 12:22 PM   #19
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend

Local Time: 04:47 AM
Thank you to everyone for your comments so far....not being an American, it is difficult for me to comment on your internal policies and procedures (I have enough to worry about here in Canada), I only read what is presented to me (ie about these women) and react accordingly. This particular journalist is an award winner and quite well respected as a feminist writer, but it also makes sense that it has the slant that it does.

diamond, I can't understand why you won't elaborate...but OK.

Sting2, you always write very well thought out comments, but I just wanted to point out that you have your apostrophes backwards. You are using the possessive when it should be plural and vice versa (see below).

Quote:
Originally posted by STING2
Mrs Edge, Deep,

I disagree with the cuts in funding in many of the area's that the article listed. At the same time, the articles claims