Iraqi Prime Minister Thanks U.S.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaxFisher

War Child
I'll be interested to hear how Kerry and the libs spin the recent speech given by Iraqi Prime Minister Ayad Allawi. He is very thankful for what the U.S. has accomplished in Iraq (see quotes below). All the anti-war rhetoric spewed out by democrats/liberals/Michael Moore over the last year is completely out of touch with what actual Iraqis feel and are saying about the war. It must be insulting to the Iraqi people to hear people condemn a war that has brought them freedom. I believe the Iraqi people and the new govt officials should be the ones to determine the validity of the war. They do not need a bunch of bleeding heart liberals to think for them.
Here is the link for the story regarding the PM's speech.
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040923/D859DRJO0.html

"Today, we are better off, you are better off, the world is better off without Saddam Hussein," Allawi said. He added: "Your decision to go into Iraq was not an easy one, but it was the right one."

"We Iraqis know that Americans have made and continue to make enormous sacrifices to liberate Iraq, to assure Iraq's freedom," Allawi said. "I have come here to thank you and to promise you that your sacrifices are not in vain."

Alawi speaks as if it's a done deal. Unfortunately, this mess is far from over and we'll just have to wait and see if it was the right thing to do.

Klaus said:
Biting the hands that feeds him?

I don't doubt the majority in Iraq including Alawi are very happy Saddam is gone. I just think it's too early to tell if the world and Iraq is better off.

Are you serious?

I guess if a dictator can keep his atrocities off the front page, you won't be as upset when drinking your morning coffee.

Back
Top Bottom