iraq new breeding ground for terror....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
or just another excuse to justify the war? :tsk:

funny how today when listening to the news i hear how 'iraq is the new breeding ground for terrorism' and last week on the news i was hearing about how we didn't find any weapons of mass distruction. :|

maybe i'm wrong, i dunno. :shrug:

Iraq has replaced Afghanistan as the training ground for the next generation of "professionalized" terrorists, according to a report released yesterday by the National Intelligence Council, the CIA director's think tank.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A7460-2005Jan13.html

I think that all along the "honey pot" effect of having a huge US force in the region has been a big consideration all the way through and it is a positive.

A_Wanderer said:
I think that all along the "honey pot" effect of having a huge US force in the region has been a big consideration all the way through and it is a positive.
You have it right there. One of the big reason to start this illigal war is to have a army in iraq to be close to Iran.

I said nothing about Iran, the honey pot is that all budding Jihadists swarm into Iraq to kill the infidels - they are getting stuck llike insects moving in the honey pot. In addition the governments of the region are very scared that democracy in Iraq will put pressure upon them to reform and liberalise. The mullahs in Iran already face internal opposition to their rule and having a democratic Afghanistan and Iraq on its borders will not help them out. A free Iran will not be won with millitary might and I cannot envision very many likely scenarios where Washington will be facing down Iran millitarily.

Last edited:
Thank goodness they released the bishop. When I saw that terrible news I thought "oh, no, terrorism strikes again", I had this feeling that the insurgents were the most powerful people in the country, which is a depressing feeling, to say the least. I don't *enjoy* feeling this way. It's one of those situations where I don't mind being proven wrong. If things are going better than I think, then, cool, let me know all about it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom