Iranian President Bans Western Music.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well it is not without precedent

426px-DegenerateMusic.jpg

It may also be worth pointing out that it is not Wahhabists.

Last edited:
This guy is such a nut and I would highly recommend you all read the New Yorker article that ran a month or so ago if you can track it down about Iranian politics and this crazy guy in general.

deep said:
looking a the current state of the music business

he may be doing the right thing

right :lol:

side note. it reminds me of these book´n´record burners. maybe the right-wing extremists can line up with this guy.

sharky said:
This guy is such a nut and I would highly recommend you all read the New Yorker article that ran a month or so ago if you can track it down about Iranian politics and this crazy guy in general.

Bush and him have much in common, in terms of "base appeal." Liberals can also learn from both Iran and Israel, in terms of how the Left in all three countries here have been viewed as the ideology of the "urban elite." Hence, much of the rural populist vote goes to the conservatives.

I would say that American, Israeli, and Iranian politics aren't all that "different" right now, even if we are dealing with three different religious traditions here.

Melon

Just check out Ask-Imam.com and search for questions about Music, Television and Radio.
Assalamualikum. I am aware of the strict rulings on music, but I know that music with certain types of instruments are allowed.

Every type of music and musical instruments are prohibited. You may only listen to Nasheeds and naats that do not have any form of music in them. You should concentrate on the words and contents of the Naats to increase your faith. It increases emotions. There are many other ways established in the Shari'ah to increase one's faith (Imaan).
I have not read anywhere or heard anyone say with firm and strong evidence, that Music in Islam is wrong! I am trying to find good Hadith that ALLOWS music or good and strong Hadith that music is HARAAM. Plz email me ALL the Hadith or Quraanic Ayaats that you have. I am a student at a university, and really enjoy, the Islamic raps, sang by Muslim Brothers in America and UK. They make me so Allah conciouse about not only, my duty as a Mu'min but also as an individual. In these times, we have to have an alternative, and that is Islamic Songs with Music, and Television Channels and programs. I stopped listenig to English Music...HOW?..by using ISlamic Raps as an alternative...THIS IS A MUST..!!

Music has been condemned strongly in the Qur’aan and Hadith. In Surah Luqmaan, Allah Ta’ala states, ‘And from mankind are those that purchase futile speech in order to mislead others from the path of Allah.’

Under the commentary of this verse, ibn Abbaas [Radhiallaahu anhu] states, ‘futile speech’ refers to music and things related to it. (Durrul Manthoor vol.5 pg.307). In Surah Israaeel, Allah Ta’ala states, ‘And excite any of whom you can with your voice.’ Imaam Mujaahid mentions, ‘voice’ refers to music. (Roohul Ma’aani)

Nabi [Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam] mentions, ‘There will be people from my Ummah who will seek to make lawful fornication, wearing of silk, wine and the use of musical instruments.’ (Bukhaari vol.2 pg.837). Rasulullah [Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam] states, ‘A group of my Ummah will drink wine calling it by other than its real name. merry will be made for them through the playing of musical instruments and by the singing of females. Allah will cleave the earth under them and turn them into apes and swines.’ (Abu Dawud vol.2 pg.519)

Rasulullah [Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam] further mentions, ‘Music grows hypocrisy in the heart just as water causes crops to grow.’ (Bayhaqi vol.10 pg.222). Thus, even conceding that there is benefit in such songs, the fact that music is clearly and expressly condemned in the Qur’aan and Hadith would make such songs Haraam.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai
link

:(

melon said:
I would say that American, Israeli, and Iranian politics aren't all that "different" right now, even if we are dealing with three different religious traditions here.

Melon

:confused:

You paint with a very broad brush here sir.

My first husband who passed away tragically in 1997 was from Shiraz in Iran...when we went to visit at the airport all western music and literature was confiscated from us....the airport in Tehren...contrary however to the horror stories you hear about women there I was treated very lovely by his family as well as the general public...I wore Chador and showed the same respect for their culture as I do anywhere I go.....I feel it is their country and they have a right to choose how to live...but i have to say they throw parties with music and dancing that Americans can only dream about Susan

nbcrusader said:
:confused:

You paint with a very broad brush here sir.

All three nations are dealing with conservative populism, with all three nations considering their liberal/reformist factions to be the "urban elite" out of touch with "rural values." As such, the rural voters typically vote Republican, Likud, and "pro-Islamic theocracy" in every election.

As such, Iran's president, with his firey rhetoric and "I don't give a shit about the rest of the world" attitude would have much in common with President Bush.

Melon

melon said:

All three nations are dealing with conservative populism, with all three nations considering their liberal/reformist factions to be the "urban elite" out of touch with "rural values." As such, the rural voters typically vote Republican, Likud, and "pro-Islamic theocracy" in every election.

As such, Iran's president, with his firey rhetoric and "I don't give a shit about the rest of the world" attitude would have much in common with President Bush.

Melon

I have been thinking the same thing, melon.

Back
Top Bottom