IRA says ceasing all armed activity in N.Ireland - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2005, 12:57 PM   #46
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by VertigoGal
I thought no government could be more useless than ours, but I'm starting to rethink that.

palace_hero, you said you didn't think it would last. do just mean the optimism, or the (relative) peace itself? do you really think theyd ever go back to a large scale campaign? (other than blowing holes in each other which LJT doesn't seem to mind).
I do mind people blowing holes in each other...the parties killing each other i mean more Gerry and Ian strangling each other.....as nothing will ever happen here until the extremist parties fall apart...even then another brand of extremism will probably emerge.....

...Loyalist groups have never announced that their 'war' is over and they have basically rejected the IRAs statement so they will carry on regardless....

...another possibility i think may happen and is probably underway as i type is that the more extreme elements of the IRA will likely join with the Real IRA...the IRA is like moderate terrorism (oh god moderate terrorism ughh all terrorism is bad, but the IRA has not been as active in the last 10 years).....the Real IRA are hardcore nuts If the IRA officially gos more people may be attracted to the real evil (ahh its all evil but sadistic twisted evil is the Real IRA)..as i have said the IRA has become little more than the Mafia...

Some kind of violence has always been going on in Ireland for the past 800 years i really don't see how this IRA statement will change much where i live...ahh the whole thing is all this tension, violence and hate is a great breeding ground for some real sickos, ahh i really don't want to repeat what happened to a 15 year old girl last night not far from where i live

Sorry for my earlier very extreme statement...just here pisses me off greatly..i really can not stand Belfast...its my home but its just ughh

Sorry.

Old 08-07-2005, 08:28 AM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by LJT

ahh the whole thing is all this tension, violence and hate is a great breeding ground for some real sickos, ahh i really don't want to repeat what happened to a 15 year old girl last night not far from where i live

Just read about it on BBC website......truly horrific. Calling her mother as well, it justs defies belief. I just don't know what to say LJT, except I'm sorry, so truly sorry, that things are as they are. And that's just not good enough.

Old 08-07-2005, 11:47 AM   #48
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by TheQuiet1

Just read about it on BBC website......truly horrific. Calling her mother as well, it justs defies belief. I just don't know what to say LJT, except I'm sorry, so truly sorry, that things are as they are. And that's just not good enough.

hey you don't have to apologise for anything...those two guys are as evil and sick as they come...there has to be something wrong with their heads to be able to do something like that..its inexcusable....

Parents here basically teach their kids to hate...it will take generations for that to be put right....3 year olds making sectarian remarks about Catholics/Protestants...ughhh, its not good and as i have constantly said the IRA statement means little anything the official IRA do means little now they were the scapegoat for unionists when the main problem the past ten years have been the loyalist paramilitaries and dissident republicans like the Real IRA...
Old 08-07-2005, 02:14 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LJT

I do mind people blowing holes in each other...the parties killing each other i mean more Gerry and Ian strangling each other.....
sorry, that's not what I meant. I just meant...well, nevermind..

what happened to the girl?
Old 08-07-2005, 02:37 PM   #50
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

sorry, that's not what I meant. I just meant...well, nevermind..

what happened to the girl?
Its not pretty ok just to warn you.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4129356.stm

I am really lost for words on how to describe these people...
Old 08-07-2005, 02:42 PM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

ugh. that's so disgusting. well, if it makes you feel any better, those sickos aren't exclusive to belfast. I know a girl who got raped at school while she was in the 6th grade.

they called her mother? god. ugh.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:50 PM   #52
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
ugh. that's so disgusting. well, if it makes you feel any better, those sickos aren't exclusive to belfast. I know a girl who got raped at school while she was in the 6th grade.

they called her mother? god. ugh.
The two rapes are sick in themselves...buts its just imagining these guys phoning up the girls mother laughing down the line telling her what they did
Old 08-08-2005, 11:57 AM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by LJT

hey you don't have to apologise for anything...those two guys are as evil and sick as they come...there has to be something wrong with their heads to be able to do something like that..its inexcusable....

It's just reading things like that make me wanna do something to make it stop ya know? Guess everyone feels like that but what can you do?
Old 08-08-2005, 12:00 PM   #54
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by TheQuiet1

It's just reading things like that make me wanna do something to make it stop ya know? Guess everyone feels like that but what can you do?
Very little....our local news is just so damn jolly....somebody is going around and burning dogs now... bah i am getting out of here soon enough hopefully i really could not take another year...
Old 08-08-2005, 12:50 PM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by LJT

somebody is going around and burning dogs now...
I remember reading about this group of teens (can't remember where) who... I was gonna type it but seriously it's too sick. But there are some vindictive, twisted 'people' (and I hesitate to use that word) out there.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:49 PM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:50 AM
Egads, *burning dogs*? How sick can you get?
Old 08-08-2005, 05:55 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

a kid near where I live beheaded a few ducks recently...it scares me to think what he's going to grow up to be like.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:55 PM   #58
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
Egads, *burning dogs*? How sick can you get?
Well they can get more sick if you read that story i posted a link to up there...
Old 08-08-2005, 06:57 PM   #59
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
a kid near where I live beheaded a few ducks recently...it scares me to think what he's going to grow up to be like.
That type of thing only escalates unless stopped early....otherwise well as you say yourself, he will be worse when he is older...
Old 08-09-2005, 03:36 PM   #60
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 04:50 AM
Yeah, a lot of people who grow up to be psychotic people start off harming animals.

By the way, all these recent stories in here-the rape, the abuse and killing of animals, etc.- .

I just don't get how some people can be so heartless and cruel. I really don't understand. I know I say that a lot, but it's true, it just really does baffle me.

to LJT. All I can say right now is that you just continue being the good-hearted person you've always been-hopefully that'll rub off on more people. And I sincerely hope that all these jackasses who are committing these atrocious crimes get the punishments they so truly deserve. There's no excuse for that kind of behavior.

Angela