IRA Officially Disarms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LJT said:

Ugh i should never read the comments people make on the news stories....they just rile me up...

Get ready to count to ten after reading my reply LJT :wink:

Nah, I don't really think that I gonna write anything too controversial. The whole 'IRA disarms' thing has just been the usual pettiness (a number of the unionist demands weren't THAT bad, would it have really damaged the IRA that much to at least grant some of them? The news reports are also full of IanP ranting about everything :rolleyes: Does he not realise how that looks to everyone outside of NI?.....Unionists could really do with getting a better leader for their biggest party...) Aren't you just so sick of it?

The best part was IP complaining about the Independent witnesses being chosen by the IRA when he felt they should have been picked by the government (!). If there is any truth in the witnesses being hand picked by the IRA then of course he should complain but to the IRA witnesses picked by the Gov would hardly be independent would they?

Well, I hope this is the start of a better future for NI but with so much mistrust (understandably) flying about on both sides both at a political and a social level it's going to be a long, bumpy road to that better future.

It wouldn't matter to IP if any pictures were provided...he would make assertions that they were fake or they didn't take enough pictures.....The IRA is very proud they would only ever decommission on their terms....they just psychologically give in to unionist demands...it was under the IRA's own terms or none at all....handing over photographs etc would seem too much like a surrender to them...and handing them to unionists would be humiliation as such.

Why would a former President of the Methodist church lie about what he saw anyway? He also asserted that they were not chosen by the IRA.

The Unionist parties in general just don't want to talk to nationalists...they are running out of excuses and are desperately trying to find new ones.....the biggest party in Northern Ireland leader believes line dancing is evil.......how can we expect any reasonable or logical thinking to take place:wink:

Back
Top Bottom