IQ - bush or kerry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoVoxSupastar said:

Look if you think he comes off intelligent and this is who you want representing our country that's all that matters.

Agreed.

Me, personally I think he comes off like a bafoon and I'm embarassed he represents and runs my country. IQ scores, school grades, where he graduated from doesn't mean anything to me, I've watched every time he's addressed the country, I've watched his debates, and I lived in TX when he was governor and nothing has made me think the man is intelligent or deserves his office.

I respect your opinion--especially since you have lived in Texas and have seen much more of him then most of us have. I just don't think that anyone who is elected president is a bafoon. I thought Carter was a bad president--but he is certainly not a bafoon.

I agree with whoever it was above who said that he's just not curious, well read etc etc. I don't think he's the dumbarse he's made out to be, I just think he's never really given a shit. He's obviously got a ton of street smarts, so I guess you could say he's very clever. In other words, he's got the brain, but there's not much stored in there. I don't think he'd go very far in Who Wants To Be A Millionaire....

...and that is the basic problem I have with him. I don't think Bush himself is an inherently bad man, he's probably a decent guy, but I think he's too much of a blank canvas for those below him. Plenty of people say not to underestimate his power with people like Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz etc, that in the end the calls are all Bush's, and I'm sure in a lot of ways they are correct. The guy is a well documented sports freak and I don't doubt that he knows how to play leader or captain or whatever, but his complete lack of previous worldview and knowledge leaves him too wide open for what I see as a ridiculously one eyed, incorrect, dangerous view of the world that virtually all of those underneath and around him have. I don't think Bush is the devil. It's not Bush that I want toppled. I think that infamous group around him has to go.

I do think the world is at a bit of a crossroads at the moment. I think we are at one of those periods in time that will be looked back on in 10, 15 years and for ever after as the decade where extremely crucial decisions had to be made, were made, and their effects decided the immediate course of this world for a long, long time. I do think that the UN is f*cked in many ways. I do agree that it takes strong leadership from a few countries (US, China etc) or groupings of countries (eg EU) in the UN's place. Particularly the US, but certainly not the US on it's own. The people that the US have in power at the moment, in my opinion, are only going to make the wrong decisions. Their time was the 1930's, not now. Forward thinkers are needed.

We had the 1930's before and we made the wrong choice, we are presented today with a similar situation so lets make the right choice. If they obtain nuclear weapons by tipping the right regimes then they could kill more people. I also think that the threat from this has not been properly identified or adressed by the Bush administration because to do so would be political suicide.

The danger is not from "Al Qaeda" because that is but one piece of the much larger structure of a despotic political ideology that would be supported by many in the world, going after SA but at the same time knocking Syria and Iran out of the game would make the job a lot easier - but it would be political suicide and could not be orchestrated without threatening the global economy.

History does not favour the appeasers because when push comes to shove they prove how utterly useless the soft words of peace are against those that seek to annihilate - No Peace In Our Time > More Peace For All Time.

Last edited:
I have family in Texas. They are very Republican. In 2000 my cousin shocked me by voting for Gore. He told me he thought everything Bush had managed to get done had everything to do with his name, and none with merit. Hey, I didn't say it. He did.

Back
Top Bottom