Iowa Predictions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2861U2 said:

I don't think she's too worried. Considering she almost skipped Iowa altogether, I don't think she minds a 3rd. She's leading in most other states and nationally.

So was Howard Dean.

anitram said:
The best part of all of this is that no matter what happens in November, Bush will be gone, gone, gone. :drool:

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Also, I just saw Chelsea Clinton standing behind Hillary.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

deep said:

really??

why would the GOP even bother to come out in 2004??

That isn't the point.

We have heard for the last 8 yrs about how important it is to get out the young people vote. And every time, it doesn't happen, even though they recruit Hollywood and half the recording industry. If Obama managed to snag as huge of a proportion as they claim, of voters that nobody else has ever really managed to bring out, then yes, it says something about their GOTV at least.

2861U2 said:

Wow, wouldn't that be something. Here's hoping.

In 1988

bob dole came in 1st

Pat Robertson, TV preacher came in second (all things through Christ)

and a sitting vice president GHW Bush came in 3rd
and eventually won the nomination

and had a lop-sided victory over Iowa 3rd place winner Dukakis see below
February 8, 1988 - Richard Gephardt (31%), Paul Simon (27%), Michael Dukakis (22%)

coemgen said:
Dodd drops out.

That's not a surprise. Other than his name, I don't think most people have the slightest idea who he is.

As Wolf Blitzer said, "He came in in a distant, uh, a distant uh, distant place." Very eloquent, Wolf.:lol:

beavis.jpg

he said
"drops out"

INDY500 said:

Are you auditioning for MSNBC?

actually, you can catch one of my shows on MSNBC ...

(am serious)

but, no. i stand by my statement. you wanted a pastor as president, you said religion mattered, and guess what? you got a pastor who's *really* worried about illegal immigrants coming over the border from Pakistan.

The turnouts:

Projections showed a turnout of 220,588 for Democrats, compared to 124,000 who participated in 2004. Most projections had estimated turnout would be about 150,000.

Turnout was also up on the Republican side, where projections showed about 114,000 people taking part.

The last contested Republican caucuses in 2000 drew 87,666 in caucuses won by then-Gov. George W. Bush.

^ what we can say is that this is an ass whupping for the GOP.

way to go Bush! everything you touch turns to shit.

Irvine511 said:
^ what we can say is that this is an ass whupping for the GOP.

way to go Bush! everything you touch turns to shit.

What are you talking about? Numbers are up for the GOP :eyebrow:

Irvine511 said:

you got a pastor who's *really* worried about illegal immigrants coming over the border from Pakistan.

That eastern border with Afghanistan is quite porous according to him. He hasn't said anything about the western border, so I'm not sure what country occupies that location at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom