Iowa Predictions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did any one catch that blurb on CNN about Obama winning one of the most conservative counties in the country on the Iowa-South Dakota border? If so, Iowa has impressed me even more than I thought they would.

U2isthebest said:
Did any one catch that blurb on CNN about Obama winning one of the most conservative counties in the country on the Iowa-South Dakota border? If so, Iowa has impressed me even more than I thought they would.

Yeah, he did. Pretty impressive indeed.

It's probably way too early to think about Obama taking it all the way. . .but I kinda can't help it.

Irvine511 said:

but, yeah, the story tonight is Huck. karma's a bitch, isn't it GOPers? you say religion matters, and you get a candidate who has NOTHING but his religion. at least Bush knows he's an idiot. with Huck, i'm not so sure.

Are you auditioning for MSNBC?

I can't wait to hear Obama speak. I'm also curious to hear how Hillary's morale is at this point. She'll apparently be speaking too. I do like Edwards as well, but I don't think he necessairily has what it to make real change.

Edwards is playing "Pride":love:

The best part of all of this is that no matter what happens in November, Bush will be gone, gone, gone. :drool:

U2isthebest said:
I can't wait to hear Obama speak.

You know what's funny? I've rarely heard any of these candidates speak. Because I rarely watch TV almost everything I know about these candidates is from the print media.

What is Edwards talking about, though? If one of the 2 candidates he's thinking of is Obama, he clearly hasn't paid attention to the numbers. It seems like he was speaking as though Obama barely sqeaked out a win. I still love Edwards though, but voting on who I'd like to sit down and have a glass of wine with, would be asinine on my part.

maycocksean said:

You know what's funny? I've rarely heard any of these candidates speak. Because I rarely watch TV almost everything I know about these candidates is from the print media.

I first heard Obama speak at the 2004 Democratic convention. I was only 15 at the time, but he inspired me even then, when no one had heard of him. He's an excellent speaker, my first reaction to hearing him in 04, was a comparison to Martin Luther King Jr.

U2isthebest said:
I'm also curious to hear how Hillary's morale is at this point.

I don't think she's too worried. Considering she almost skipped Iowa altogether, I don't think she minds a 3rd. She's leading in most other states and nationally. She must have seen a disappointment coming, as the last few days she's been subtly lowering expectations for Iowa.

2861U2 said:

I don't think she's too worried. Considering she almost skipped Iowa altogether, I don't think she minds a 3rd. She's leading in most other states and nationally. She must have seen a disappointment coming, as the last few days she's been subtly lowering expectations for Iowa.

Possibly. It seems like she was being touted so much though, that a 3rd place position must be surprising to her. It certainly was surprising to most of the country.

deep said:

really ??

out of a possible 2 million

10.5% is impressive?

I should clarify. It's not impressive in a country where every citizen over the age of 18 should be taking an active role in their government. However, in a country where apathy seems to have taken over in terms of people who actually get out there and become informed on the issues and the candidates, and in turn vote, it is.

212K is pathetic overall, but given that the turnout in 2004 was 124K, it's a significant improvement.

Back
Top Bottom