Invisible Children of Uganda

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonosLil'Pal94 said:
:bump:

So, we've planned to do a carwash/bake sale sometime soon in May. I'm excited :hyper:

I also bought myself a t-shirt. I'll post a picture soon :D

Awesome Maddy, so proud of you! Thanks to you, I bought myself a T-shirt and one for my school raffle!

yougogirl-1.gif

Here's me in the shirt I got:

Picture1.jpg

On the front it says: My :heart: Is Beeping For The Invisible Children

On the back it says: Like This. Like This.

Picture2.jpg

So, it turns out that not enough people signed up for the Car Wash, so we won't be doing that. Instead, we'll have bake sales at the school every Wednesday. Yesterday, we raised around $70! And we're going to have a contest to see which class raises the most amount of money, and possibly go around the town one day selling LifeSaver candies for $2. :)

Last edited:
I'm always the last to know. Thanks for telling me, Maddy! :madspit:

And BTW, she used her own money to buy the shirt. Didn't even ask her parents :up: :D

Jumping in here a little late...I just got the Displace Me flag in the mail a couple days ago.

n89601696_30268883_7628.jpg

:bump: :bump:

I just wanted to share with everyone especially Maddy, how my little town on the map are stepping up to the plate in helping Africa.

I found this in my local paper:

This is my old high school:

Calhoun reaches out to Africa
Seniors raise $35K to aid school for children devestaded by Ugandan civil war.

Invisible Children is a rapidly growing charity that is working to get the word out about atrocities in Uganda. In northern Uganda the Lords Resistance Army has declared war on the government and forced thousands of children to fight in its militias. Calhoun students decided to help after viewing on of its films, "Invisible Children: Rough Cut," at their school.

Calhouns Senior Experience program which connect seniors with internships and causes let them through film to IC. Senior Experience participants joined Invisible Childrens Schools for Schools program raising money for the Atanga School in Uganda. This year they raised more than $34,000 for the school the second highest total of any american high school.

Calhoun formed its own IC Chapter it overtook the class's daily makeup and every senior was involved. Students who are planning to go to Hofstra are going to set up a chapter of IC there.

Originally $17,129 was raised and a student who works at Old Navy got the company to match the money thus making it $34, 260 all of which will go to the Atanga School.

If Calhoun raised $200 more they would have won a trip to the Atanga School in Unganda to help out.

I can't believe how this is spreading like wildfire here. Its truly amazing.
I just wish I knew this was going on before it was over and I would have found away to donate $200 for these kids.

Its fantastic anyway the both Calhoun and Atanga win.

:applaud: That's awesome! I'm sorry you didn't find out about it beforehand, but either way, that's an incredible amount of money! Our school raised about $3,000 in the end. I was surprised we raised so much, but I'm glad we did!

I'm so happy the word is being spread :hug:

:shocked: Thats incredible. Great job! I am so happy the word is spreading. There are quite a few kids in school that are also starting to wear RED products too!

After going to the website: I looked at all the schools that joined and 3 of them were from little Long Island. :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom