Ingesting one's placenta, acceptable or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is this acceptable?

• Yes, I'm a woman who is a mom and think it is

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Yes, I'm a woman with no kids and think it is

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • No, I'm a woman with kids and say no.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • No, I'm a woman with no kids

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • I'm male and say no.

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • I'm male and say yes, and let them have cake too.

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters
diamond said:

i don't think it's acceptable for someone to shoot up herion or for a man to fellatio himself, would you attempt to label that as controling too?

if you do, i would say that we have a different value system is all, and most people in my country would agree w me, but not most ppl in this thread, and that's ok-although a bit troubling in the larger scheme of things.

dbs

I'm going to go on record that this is interference's worse post of the week. I know it's only Monday, but I'm pretty confident.

diamond said:

i don't think it's acceptable for someone to shoot up herion or for a man to fellatio himself, would you attempt to label that as controling too?

if you do, i would say that we have a different value system is all, and most people in my country would agree w me, but not most ppl in this thread, and that's ok-although a bit troubling in the larger scheme of things.

dbs

we can say that someone is harmed when someone shoots up heroin -- though i'm baffled at the autofellatio comparison ... i suppose you'd be against a woman masturbating, then? -- but could you tell me who is *harmed* when someone wants to ingest their placenta.

i don't care if you think it's acceptable or not. it's none of your damn business if no one else is harmed.

by all means diamond, go tell people how gross it is. write them letters. tell them to stop.

but are you really going to advocate making this illegal?

i think cunnilingus is pretty nasty, but i'm not going to stop you from doing it.

oh, and the verb form of fellatio is "fellate." and just how is that any different from manual masturbation?

diamond said:

dbs

Nevermind, it's all been said already.

dbs
The difference is that my value system, a little idea called freedom, can coexist with religious nuttery whereas any belief that would supress rights and liberties is not about coexistence. Using drugs and autofellatio are things which one may for any number of good reasons choose not to do but using force to stop people doing them, that is wrong.

diamond said:

i don't think it's acceptable for someone to shoot up heroin or for a man to fellatio himself, would you attempt to label that as controlling too?

dbs

Nice try by asking a question designed to trap people into saying yes so you can feel justified in your opinions. Heroin is an entirely different thing than a man performing fellatio on himself or a woman ingesting her placenta. Neither hurts anyone (although the guy could end up with some pulled muscles :wink: ) and at least one could be beneficial to health. Heroin is a dangerous drug, both to the user and the people around them. But otherwise, yes, it is controlling.

And you live in the USA, right? So do I. And I know many other people that have been posting in this thread do, as well. And many of them disagree with you, so quit trying to to justify your position as a cultural one. It isn't and you know it. Your stance is based on nothing other than you finding something disgusting. It doesn't affect you in any way shape or form.

diamond said:
who said anything about force or legislating these issues?

dbs

You made a comparison (a terrible one at that, but still...) to heroin, which is illegal, so what else are we to expect? It's not unreasonable to think that when you say "acceptable" you mean legally acceptable. In fact, it's a relatively simple inferrence to make based on your comments here. How else woud its "acceptability" be in question, other than legally?

And you live in the USA, right? So do I. And I know many other people that have been posting in this thread do, as well. And many of them disagree with you, so quit trying to to justify your position as a cultural one. It isn't and you know it. Your stance is based on nothing other than you finding something disgusting. It doesn't affect you in any way shape or form

if you think that FYM is has the same consenus as the USA then there isn't reason reason to discuss the matter furthur.

dbs

Last edited:
diamond said:
if you think that FYM is has the same consenus as the USA then there is no longer a reason to discuss the matter furthur.

dbs

You don't think conservative beliefs are losing out in this country? Did you see the other thread in this forum on the subject?

I certainly don't think an overly liberal board is to blame for you having a commonly differing opinion. (Plus, I'm not even liberal, but that's another story.) I've yet to see a strong argument from conservatives on many issues. That's the problem. The GOP lacks a reasonable stance on many issues.

diamond said:
if you think that FYM is has the same consenus as the USA then there is no longer a reason to discuss the matter furthur.

dbs

And if you think that your opinions are the same consensus as the USA then you are sadly mistaken.

unico said:

so that's it? you're not going to give us any of your rationale to your previous comparison?

going along with some posters your line of thinking, as long as nobody is getting hurt and you deny that are actions aren't inner connected to one another...(forget about Bono singing One for a second)...you folks would be ok w this guy?

Parents’ Ire Grows at Pedophile’s Unabashed Blog

By JENNIFER STEINHAUER
Published: July 28, 2007

LOS ANGELES, July 27 — The search for the self-described pedophile in the large-brimmed black hat commences nearly every day here, with findings posted on chat rooms frequented by mothers.

Jack McClellan, 45, has no record.

Monica Almeida/The New York Times
Jack McClellan, who calls himself a pedophile, has had Web sites in Seattle and Los Angeles detailing how and where he trolls for children.
He was spotted at a fair in Santa Clarita. He recently emerged from the Social Security office on Olympic Boulevard. He tapped away on a computer at the library in Mar Vista. Warnings have gone out. Signs have been posted.

And yet unlike convicted sex offenders, who are required to stay away from places that cater to children, in this case the police can do next to nothing, because this man, Jack McClellan, who has had Web sites detailing how and where he likes to troll for children, appears to be doing nothing illegal.

But his mere presence in Los Angeles — coupled with Mr. McClellan’s commitment to exhibitionistic blogging about his thoughts on little girls — has set parents on edge. One group of mothers, whose members by and large have never met before, will soon band together in a coffee shop to hammer out plans to push lawmakers in Sacramento to legislate Mr. McClellan out of business.

“Just the idea that this person could get away with what he was doing and no one could press charges has made me angry,” said Jane Thompson, a stay-at-home mother in East Los Angeles who recently read Mr. McClellan’s comments about a festival in her neighborhood in which he seemed to be describing her child.

Ms. Thompson is part of a movement to make it illegal to post images of children of any type on Web sites with sexual content or themes. “It became what I call a minor obsession of mine for the next six weeks,” she said, “to get to know his crowd and the things they talk about.”

Two months ago, Mr. McClellan said, he was more or less run out of Washington State, where he lived off and on with his parents, after the news media there and various Web sites drew attention to his activities, making him worry about his safety and that of his family. He had been posting nonsexual pictures of children on a Web site intended to promote the acceptance of pedophiles, and to direct other pedophiles to events and places where children tended to gather.

So he moved to Los Angeles, where he was born, to try to live a Southern California version of his former life. The climate was one draw, said Mr. McClellan in an interview near this reporter’s office last week. But also “there are so many world-class children’s attractions here, Disneyland, festivals and whatnot.”

Mr. McClellan has refrained from posting pictures of children on his Web site, which was shut down by its host several weeks ago but which he intends to start again, he said, with a Dutch host. On the site, he has described fairs, festivals and other spots that he hits at least three days a week, all to the fury of parents.

It is both his actions and inactions that vex law enforcement officials here, who, while suggesting that they keep an eye on Mr. McClellan when they can, say they have no legal recourse against him.

“If you look at things he has posted, he clearly is a pedophile,” said Lt. Thomas Sirkel, who works in the Special Victim’s Unit of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

“Has he acted on it? I can’t say,” Lieutenant Sirkel said. “But I’ve been in this business for 20 years, and I have never seen one who has not.”

Mr. McClellan, who is 45, refers to himself as a pedophile, but says he has never actually sexually touched a child, simply “embraced them in a nonsexual way, mostly in Latin American countries.” He says he has never been convicted of a sex crime, and law enforcement officials in Los Angeles say they know of no convictions.

A check of available public records yielded no criminal history for Mr. McClellan, including under another name he said he used. Mr. McClellan, who said he was adopted, said he changed his name to that of his birth mother several years ago.

Lieutenant Sirkel would not say whether his department had Mr. McClellan under surveillance.

“Why should I tell him about our tactics?” Lieutenant Sirkel said. But he added: “I’d like to know where he is at, what he is doing and watch him awhile. I think he is possibly a dangerous man. In my opinion, he is a threat to children in this community, and people in the community are real concerned about him.”

Two Web-based groups, Peachhead, which caters largely to mothers on the West Side of Los Angeles, and Booby Brigade, its counterpart across town, have been abuzz with chatter about “Jack” sightings, and some parents have taken to posting photos of him in parks, downloaded from the Web.

“This one really angered people,” said Linda Perry, who runs Peachhead, referring to Mr. McClellan.

Mr. McClellan has been somewhat elusive. He lives largely in his car, he said, although he says he occasionally rents rooms. Asked how he makes a living, he would say only that he lives off of “public assistance, the kind where you’re not allowed to work.”

The parental reactions somewhat mirror those in the novel and film “Little Children,” in which a community becomes enraged at the notion of a convicted sex offender living in their midst, and chase him down at every turn. Although Mr. McClellan is not similarly pursued, parents who recognize him at events often scream at him, he said, and he fears for his safety enough that he would not meet a reporter in a public place.

Law enforcement officials have clearly taken notice — one mother posted on PeachheadFamilies.com about her husband, a location scout for films, being asked to leave a park where he was using his camera. Mothers from Pasadena to Marina del Rey will soon gather to discuss possible legislative options, Ms. Thompson said.

Theirs will most likely be a difficult road. While posting pictures of children in sexual situations is a felony, posting them fully clothed in everyday situations is not, even in the context of sexualizing them by proxy, so to speak, First Amendment scholars said. Further, while inciting others to commit crimes can be illegal, it is unclear whether giving people links to children’s book fairs is criminal.

“It is an interesting case,” said Eugene Volokh, a law professor and First Amendment expert at the University of California, Los Angeles.

Professor Volokh cited a federal statute that bars the posting of bomb-making information on the Web, and suggested that a similar statute banning information that helps people find children to molest could be enacted, perhaps. But simply providing information about where children gather was not likely to constitute such a crime, he said.

In terms of children’s images, he said: “The general rule is pictures of people in public are free for people to publish. Now if it is without permission and the person is a child and he suggests the children are sexual targets, you can imagine a court saying this is a new First Amendment exception. But it would be an uphill battle.”

So for now, then, many Angelenos will continue to track and record Mr. McClellan’s every move. Ms. Perry of Peachhead noted that the city was full of convicted child molesters.

“At least we know who he is and what he looks like,” she said.

Attachments

• 28pedo-190.jpg
    28pedo-190.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
phillyfan26 said:
And how are you relating that to the placenta issue?

It's simple. If diamond finds something gross, then it must be due to a vast left-wing conspiracy of atheist pedophiles.

And don't dare ask for evidence. That just means that you're an atheist pedophile yourself, if you have to ask.

OH EM GEE! why are you comparing women who take a friggin PILL to heroin addicts, pedophiles, and men who give themselves fellatios?

if you met a woman down the street who had taken one of these pills you'd have no idea. she was trying to absorb nutrients and promote good health, and is not in any way endangering herself, yourself, or your children, or your morals against masturbation if you have them. and it is NOT the same as posting disgusting blogs about molesting children.

jayney mac, diamond. next time you swallow your own spit you might as well flog youself for being a hypocrite.

Last edited:
Ormus said:

It's simple. If diamond finds something gross, then it must be due to a vast left-wing conspiracy of atheist pedophiles.

And don't dare ask for evidence. That just means that you're an atheist pedophile yourself, if you have to ask.

:lol: I swear, that Ingraham book that I'm reading has some scary similarities to some of his posts.

:shifty:

unico said:
OH EM GEE! why are you comparing women who take a friggin PILL to heroin addicts, pedophiles, and men who give themselves fellatios?

It's just one in a long line of examples of his paternalism. Whereas most of the rest of our society has moved beyond such views, they constantly pop up in his posts in condescending and obviously sexist ways.

diamond said:

if you think that FYM is has the same consenus as the USA then there isn't reason reason to discuss the matter furthur.

dbs

I don't. I also don't blindly assume that because I think a certain way about something that the entire country I live in thinks the same way about it, too.

And if you think that the USA agrees with your view, you are wrong. The only people who seem to be against it are white Christian males. And if you think that constitutes an accurate representation of the people in the United States, then you are doing exactly what you have just accused me of doing. One group's view does not make a cultural consensus.

Diamond.

Surely you can't be serious.

Look, man, we ALL agree that it's gross! No one's arguing that point, but you're making a very clear statement that this is morally wrong (as evidence by your comaprisons to heroin use, autofellatio, and now pedophilia).

I just want to know, based on WHAT?

Back
Top Bottom