Ingesting one's placenta, acceptable or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is this acceptable?

• Yes, I'm a woman who is a mom and think it is

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Yes, I'm a woman with no kids and think it is

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • No, I'm a woman with kids and say no.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • No, I'm a woman with no kids

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • I'm male and say no.

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • I'm male and say yes, and let them have cake too.

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters
I always figured Diamond ignored all my posts anyway. The way that he would make a comment and never reasonably address the responses...

diamond said:
God doesn't want us to eat our own bodies.
dbs

So you're the one with the phone! I was wondering where that damned thing went.... :wink:

diamond said:
im a little concern w some of the posts by the female crowd in this fourm.
i'm also alarmed at how the voting is going.
i spoke to my wife about this practice of placenta eating and she said it was common among the wiccan crowd.

we live in a troubled society.

I'd still like to hear some clarification/explanation about this.

I understand you feel God doesn't want us to eat our own bodies. Got it, that's your belief. No problem.

But why are you concerned that some of the females in FYM don't appear to agree with you?

Why does it alarm you?

And is the Wiccan comment just an aside, something that was brought up by your wife in conversation, or are you trying to insinuate something?

how on earth is that considered eating your own body? :huh:

and I sincerely doubt God thinks it's worse than ingesting chemicals, nicotine or anything else that actually HARMS us.

Diemen said:

it's alright. He's technically ignoring me, too. :wink:

youjustmadethelistbuddy.jpg

You just made the list, buddy!

corianderstem said:
But why are you concerned that some of the females in FYM don't appear to agree with you?

Well how else is he supposed to patronize us?

phillyfan26 said:

youjustmadethelistbuddy.jpg

You just made the list, buddy!

The 2nd-best Francis of all-time, behind the one from Pee-Wee's Big Adventure of course.

(Google surprisingly doesn't have any #1 Francis pics)

I'm starting to wonder if he posted the poll knowing full well how the results would look, just so he could have an excuse to lecture us about our potential frightening ways.

It IS an interesting topic, nonetheless.

diamond said:
im a little concern w some of the posts by the female crowd in this fourm.
i'm also alarmed at how the voting is going.
i spoke to my wife about this practice of placenta eating and she said it was common among the wiccan crowd.

we live in a troubled society.

dbs

Diamond, I really do wish you'd consent to elaborate on this. . .

I really can't see what the issue is here beyond the admittedly gross gross-out factor.

Do you feel as strongly about the moral turpitude involved in eating one's own boogers (as was mentioned earlier)?

You seem like a smart enough fellow, but you're copping out. Come on. . .

Make your case.

corianderstem said:

I'd still like to hear some clarification/explanation about this.

I understand you feel God doesn't want us to eat our own bodies. Got it, that's your belief. No problem.

Why does it alarm you?

And is the Wiccan comment just an aside, something that was brought up by your wife in conversation, or are you trying to insinuate something?

corian-

facetious is the word that comes to mind.

sometimes staged pontification is done half seriously/half jokingly by me.

and my mrs brought up the wiccan angle, not in a derogatory manner, she is one of the most tolerant ppl you'll ever meet, i however see things a little more black and white.

dbs

diamond said:

corian-

facetious is the word that comes to mind.

sometimes staged pontification is done half seriously/half jokingly by me.

and my mrs brought up the wiccan angle, not in a derogatory manner, she is one of the most tolerant ppl you'll ever meet, i however see things a little more black and white.

dbs

So where DO you stand on this issue? Or do you not care one way or the other and are just out for a little fun in Interland on a Thursday night?

maycocksean said:

So where DO you stand on this issue? Or do you not care one way or the other and are just out for a little fun in Interland on a Thursday night?

I voted against it and that I was a male.
And the latter statement is probably the more correct statement.
:)

dbs

okay, so i reneged and opened the thread.

and i find it interesting that men keep insisting that the know what's best for women to do with their bodies.

it's all about control, people. for if you can't control your women, then who can you control!?!?

If you're just making comments like you did "for fun," then you must be aiming for getting a rise out of people.

Some call that trolling.

Irvine511 said:

and i find it interesting that men keep insisting that the know what's best for women to do with their bodies.

it's all about control, people. for if you can't control your women, then who can you control!?!?

Interesting, those 5 men in the poll who think they know best. Women have been having babies and figuring out everything about having babies since...hmm...let's see...gosh, I guess it must be like since the beginning of human existance. Yet those 5 men still think they know best and that men should have some control over it.

I came here to present something and get viewpoints and acknowledged that we can agree to disagree.

This isn't a debate fourm, although some claim it to be, they are mistaken and this is what drives a lot of members away.

Here's how the template of FYM reads:

This is an off-topic forum. Discuss politics, spirituality, religion, world events.

good day,

dbs

joyfulgirl said:

Interesting, those 5 men in the poll who think they know best. Women have been having babies and figuring out everything about having babies since...hmm...let's see...gosh, I guess it must be like since the beginning of human existance. Yet those 5 men still think they know best and that men should have some control over it.

I've coached 2 live births.

dbs

Irvine511 said:

Maybe we should ask R. Kelly to tell us what to think. . .

(I LOVE your signatures, Irvine. . .)

diamond said:
I came here to present something and get viewpoints and acknowledged that we can agree to disagree.

This isn't a debate fourm, although some claim it to be, they are mistaken and this is what drives a lot of members away.

Here's how the template of FYM reads:

This is an off-topic forum. Discuss politics, spirituality, religion, world events.

good day,

dbs

Come, come, Diamond. . .you can't just take the high road whenever you feel like it.

I suppose you don't HAVE to. . .I know I can't MAKE you, but I'd like it if you'd make a case for why this is wrong. . .

Make the case. I dare you.

You never know, you might actually change someone's mind.

Back
Top Bottom