Indymedia Shame on you and Mrs. Ketchup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
Mrs. Kerry who's private donations have wound up in the hands of Indymedia should be ashamed of herself.

This is the original headline:

[Q]Tillman dies in Afghanistan

By Fred Barbash
Washington Post [/Q]

and thisis what Indymedia posted:

[Q]Dumb Jock Killed in Afghanistan
author: Washington Post
Pat Tillman, the Arizona Cardinals safety who left a million dollar NFL career to become a U.S. Army Ranger, has been killed in Afghanistan.
Former NFL Safety Is Killed in Afghanistan

By Fred Barbash
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, April 23, 2004; 11:44 AM [/Q]

I know how some of you love Indymedia, but this is disgusting.

[Q]The grant recipients of the Tides Foundation, to which Kerry?s wife has steered more than $4 billion in ?charitable? funds, understand no such nuance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indymedia received $376,000 from the Tides Foundation. [/Q]

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Article...le.asp?ID=12187

I hope she acts quickly. Although she personally surely had nothing to do with it, the political climate is such that I don't think she has any choice but to yank the funding, if possible.

I think you're reaching in trying to slap all kinds of things on this woman, and I say that having great respect for you. She gave her money to a third party who funded this. She could not have known a priori that they would twist the story into something distasteful and offensive. Should she reconsider funding? Probably. But is she the devil incarnate? Hardly.

I don't know if all Indymedia sites operate on the same principle, but several of the ones I know of allow anyone who uses the site to post news there. If this Indymedia site operates on the same basis, then the idea that you can blame "Mrs. Ketchup" for comments posted there is much like blaming every premium member for something distasteful posted on Interference.

FizzingWhizzbees said:
I don't know if all Indymedia sites operate on the same principle, but several of the ones I know of allow anyone who uses the site to post news there. If this Indymedia site operates on the same basis, then the idea that you can blame "Mrs. Ketchup" for comments posted there is much like blaming every premium member for something distasteful posted on Interference.

about right Fizz,

This thread is just a chance to take a swing at Kerry.

It appears to operate much like this board does and blaming anyone who donates is ridiculous.

deep said:

about right Fizz,

This thread is just a chance to take a swing at Kerry.

It appears to operate much like this board does and blaming anyone who donates is ridiculous.

A thread that takes a swing at Kerry? How terrible, especially in light of the constant polite threads and post about the US President George W. Bush. :wink:

STING2 said:

A thread that takes a swing at Kerry? How terrible, especially in light of the constant polite threads and post about the US President George W. Bush. :wink:

Actually it's a swing at his wife which is becoming a little more common in here these days.

Sorry, but I believe that if he is going to get my vote, I have every right to examine his wife's political leanings. Indymedia is not the only place the money goes from that group. Ramsay Clark's group as well as other groups that I find as offensive.

You may not find them offensive, and that is your perogative.

Mrs. Kerry gave $4 Billion to a group that gives money to organizations that I think would be questionable groups for a 1st lady to be associated with.

And I do believe that the mods are responsible for the titles within their own website. The title of one of my threads was changed because it was allegedly offensive.

Back
Top Bottom