In The History Of Excuses For Criminal Behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
This has to be one of the worst ever, if not the worst. I assume he's saying that his wife wasn't there to give him sex, so he just had to molest those girls. Plus he was angry at how much money she was spending.

Yes don't play bingo or have any outside life or your husband will not only go elsewhere for sex, he will even molest children. And they were just CHILDREN, given the dates and ages. Not to mention that child molestation is about issues other than sex-issues that just use sex as the weapon of choice.

Maybe if he had found the right male judge the judge might have bought it, given the sexist attitudes of some male judges.

EASTON, Pennsylvania (AP) -- A man who pleaded guilty to molesting two girls told a judge he did it because of his wife's excessive bingo playing.

"My wife was never home," Floyd Kinney Jr. said during his plea hearing Friday.

Kinney's explanation did not sit well with Northampton County Judge F.P. Kimberly McFadden,

"Some people, when their wives are not home, decide to do other things, like clean their living rooms," McFadden said. "Your behavior is beyond the pale."

Kinney, 49, said his wife would sometimes argue with him over money and that he was angry she was spending too much on bingo.

"She would be going to bingo three, four times a week. I told her to stop going to bingo, and she said, 'If they had bingo every day, I'd go every day,"' he said.

Records say Kinney molested one of the girls, now 26, from 1992-97. He sexually assaulted the second girl, now 17, for a year beginning in January 2005, records show.

Kinney pleaded guilty to two counts of aggravated indecent assault. The felony charges carry a combined maximum penalty of 20 years in prison and a $50,000 fine.

Defense attorney Richard Yetter said his client was not articulate and may not have been doing a good job of conveying his rationale to the judge.

But McFadden said she found Kinney capable of explaining himself. "I think he is telling me exactly what was going on," the judge said. "His wife was not home so he was going to perpetrate on someone and he picked these two children."

I doubt there are many, if any, judges who would buy that as a rationale. Ironically, his "argument" enforces the notion some have that men are less trustworthy around children and more likely to take out their frustrations on them if they're deprived of a "real life," sexually or otherwise.

Well I certainly hope no judge would buy that, but there was that one judge who said a child molester was too short to go to prison (that was actually a female judge) and there is a general sad history (and present in some cases) in the court system of judges who excuse male behavior including physical abuse and many other behaviors ande some who actually blame women. There was that one judge who told the woman to go elsewhere if she wanted a restraining order, then she ended up dead. He said something to the effect that he would like to be tall too (just as she would like the order) but that wasn't going to happen either. So it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility. Blaming the behavior of men on women is as old as time, this guy just actually tried to use it in court in the most bizarre way possible. I can see why his wife was so into bingo.

Fuck him. Bastard.

I wish stupid were a crime so he could get extra time for it.

Back
Top Bottom