In Rememberance Of 9/11 For Usa....and Abroad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2junkie

The Fly
I received an email (those of you in the US may have already seen it) which asks just a simple gesture in remembering the tragic events of 9/11 and to honor those victims who lost their lives, lost loved ones, and for all the heros who helped and continue to help with this sad matter. The simple gesture is to simply drive with your headlights ON for the entire day, Wednesday 9/11/02. I thought this to be a very nice, yet silent way of expressing our thoughts.......Your thoughts on this would be welcomed also.

...United we stand.....together with the hopes of peace and more of the expression of love and compassion as we have all seen since 9/11

Thank you.

U2junkie said:

...United we stand.....together with the hopes of peace and more of the expression of love and compassion as we have all seen since 9/11

Thank you.

That is a nice sentiment, junkie.

the dorms are putting flashlights in the windows.

that sounds like a gorgeous way to commemorate it quietly, thanks for posting this.

Hello,

Erm, I always drive with the headlights on, even during daytime. It's safer as it makes the car more visible. So how can I resolve this situation?

C ya!

Marty

well, we at the dorms are putting little flashlights in the window that night cos we can't have candles here. it's a ray of hope i spose.

so i guess you could do that. :shrug: i don't drive anywhere unless it's the weekend anyway.

and you don't even have to do anything, just remember it.

:heart:

lilly

I will be wearing the proud colors of my country,

Red, White, and Blue.

...even if it is after Labor Day!!!:wink:

I remember this happening in Oklahoma one year after the bombing of the Federal building in OKC. It's very touching, and I'll definitely have my lights on.

Back
Top Bottom