In honor of Madelyn Iris

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I remember meeting the user who goes by Madelyniris several years ago in the old interference chatroom and talking with him about his daughter. It was the first time I had heard of this condition called alopecia which causes hair loss and which has no known cure. Since then, I've always thrown around the idea of donating my hair, but was too scared to do it for reasons of pride and vanity. But in the spirit of the season, I decided to go ahead and take the plunge and donated it to Locks of Love today. It was down to my waist, as I hadn't touched it with scissors since going to Africa two years ago. Actually, this is the shortest I've ever had it in my life. Kinda scary to make the change. However, in the grand scheme of things I hope that it helps someone who is in need.

Madelyniris, if you're out there, tell your daughter hello for me and that I hope she gets a really lovely hairpiece. Have a blessed holiday!

And for anyone else who might want to do the same thing, the Locks of Love website is pretty informative and lists local hair salons who participate. I'm editing this post to take out the link, but if you're familiar at all with the internet you'll find it easily.

Last edited:
Locks Of Love is awesome, good for you! :applaud:

They do that at my hair salon, if my hair was long enough I would do it. My hair was long many moons ago, until I was about 14.

Thank you for sharing the link! Another great way to open and share the needs of this world with us.

I hope the thread isn't closed due to the ban on links to charitable organizations.

That's a really wonderful thing to do Sulawesigirl4. :yes:

nbcrusader said:
Thank you for sharing the link! Another great way to open and share the needs of this world with us.

I hope the thread isn't closed due to the ban on links to charitable organizations.

It shouldn't be...it was started by a Mod not a "conservative" poster. I wonder if the people who complained about my thread will be consistent in their complaints.

I hope it lasts too!

Your ROCK Sula!

Last edited:
I'm obviously not au courant with all of the latest in-fighting in FYM, but in order to remove any suspicion of favoritism, I've edited the original post to exclude any links. I'm a little saddened that some of you used this thread to score some sort of points in another debate. :(

sulawesigirl4 said:
I'm obviously not au courant with all of the latest in-fighting in FYM, but in order to remove any suspicion of favoritism, I've edited the original post to exclude any links. I'm a little saddened that some of you used this thread to score some sort of points in another debate. :(

I guess that makes two of us. I was happy the thread was created. It is a worthy cause. My real disappointment is that you changed it.

Last edited:
I miss the link, I do not think that consistency and bitterness benefit anybody, lets just stick with bitterness.

sulawesigirl4 said:

well, the bitching does underscore the true meaning of Christmas after all... :up: :rolleyes:

I am curious...where did I bitch? I wondered if the people who had my thread closed bitched. I celebrated it being open today.

I am bitching?

MrsSpringsteen said:
:hug: sula :hug:

Can we just leave this thread the lovely way it is and talk about the other issues privately? Sorry, I don't mean to meddle or anything..
:applaud:

I'm disappointed that outside comments were even brought in. Sula did a wonderful thing at Christmas time and IMO, it was completely unnecessary for people to bring outside crap into this thread instead of taking it up with the mods privately.

I hate this place sometimes.

Sula, great work! I'd love to do something like that myself someday.

For the record, the reason I asked the moderators to look at Dreadsox's thread was simply for CLARIFICATION on the policy regarding soliciting charitable donations as I felt there was possibly some confusion in the written policy in the FAQ. Those of you who disagree with the policy, I can to an extent see where you are coming from but I can only suggest taking it up with the moderators.

Anyone I'm done with FYM, probably for good. Certain people have an agenda against me so there's no point in me posting where I'm not wanted.

Merry Christmas.

one of my little sisters donated

to "locks of love" :up:

34585%3C672%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D323%3A%3E934%3E784%3EWSNRCG%3D32333%3A%3A994839nu0mrj

t_=8702552
34585%3C672%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D323%3A%3E934%3E784%3EWSNRCG%3D32333%3A%3A99483%3Anu0mrj

reading through this thread
it got side tracked

perhaps those posts and ones related to it
with this one can be removed

the positive things that sula and my sister did
and remarks supporting their actions should remain

just my thoughts

Wow Sula, what a great thing to do... i could never do it..

The world needs people like you! :hug:

:heart:

Happy Christmas, dear :hug:

deep said:
reading through this thread
it got side tracked

perhaps those posts and ones related to it
with this one can be removed

the positive things that sula and my sister did
and remarks supporting their actions should remain

just my thoughts
:up:

Thanks for the kind words. I'll post before and after pictures whenever the film place decides to give me back my photos! (stupid delays...what do they think it is, the holidays? :sexywink: )

I am still a bit weirded out by the sight of myself every time I look in the mirror. It's like a stranger took over my body. But actually, I think I look a little more "professional" with shorter hair, so perhaps it's a needed change what with getting older and all that. :wink:

Well, about a week out, I am getting more used to the new me. Got the pictures if anyone is interested in a before and after. Unfortunately, the before picture in particular didn't really turn out. Too dark out or something. Anyways, my hair was down to my waist although in the photo it kinda fades out. lol :huh:

Attachments

• bethany4.jpg
    bethany4.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 28
Back
Top Bottom