I'm sorry, but I don't find Michael Moore, or his fans, remotely credible.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shart1780

Rock n' Roll Doggie
This guy is a loser. have no clue how any of you can like this guy. He's so deceptive it's not even funny. He plays with people's emotions to get people to listen to him, and you can tell he's putting on an act half the time.

As if that's not bad enough, he's an outright liar. Nothing he says can be trusted because he just lies so much. The worst part is that people love this guy!! He's so friggin popular and so many people can't get enough of him.

Well, I honestly think those people are ignorant (yup. Sorry but that's how I feel). They choose to follow him simply because he bashes Bush. So many Bush haters are willing to jump onto the Moore bandwagon, and not question one thing he says. Why should they? He's on the same side they are, right? Even if his main message is the same as yours you need to question him!!!

He's so popular with the media too. The liberals in hollywood (ok uhhh... everyone in show business pretty much) loves him too. Just a couple night ago he was on Jay Leno and they loved him . I was about to throw my tv out the window. Conan O'brien (who I really enjoy) constantly has guests on who show their hate for Bush. The crowd's always cheering along too. Bush's biggest battle in this election is his oppositions sheer ignorance. These people are perfectly happy being lied to by morons like Moore. It's sad really. He's an outright liar and people LOVE him.

Moore qualifies as propaganda

I still don't think he's worse than the avarage add during the presidential election campaigns though

he'll make a great politician some day :up:

And Bush has never stretched the truth or mislead the nation at all.

Have you even bothered to research anything Moore presented in f/911? Or have you just read a couple reports where Moore stretched the truth and drawn your own conclusions from there? Yes, Moore has stretched the truth and lied in places. It does damage his overall credibility. HOWEVER, that does not mean that he hasn't made any good points.

There are legitimate reasons for disliking Bush, beyond being "Hollywood liberals." No one should be so married to a party line to be unable to see fault in their candidate or party or whatever.

And, I don't mean to open a can of worms or cause offense, but - you're 18. Trust me on this, your opinions on a lot of things will change in the next 10 - even 5 years. Not towards liberal views, necessarily, but you can be damn sure you won't have exactly the same views 5 or 10 years from now as you do now. Unless you live under a rock, which I assume you don't.

My annoying hippy feminist friend at work has his Stupid White Men book and I picked it up and flicked thorugh it the other day. I wouold have read it but a few pages in he starts on England and the Magna Carta after giving a huge rap, then says something like "But for God's sake, get yourselves a constitution or amendment."
It really pissed me off.
But we made up a new joke out of it.
What do you call someone who hates Bush AND Moore?

-A non American.
:wink:

Oh great, another insane rightwinger jumping on us about how awful we are if we don't toe the official line on everything. Just what I needed to brighten my Friday night.

Are you from PLEBA too, Shart1780?

I'm sorry Shart1780 (actually, I'm not sorry), I'm just being the awful token liberal who will shortly be banned for getting too, what's the word, combative.

As far as I'm concerned, it's tit for tat K from the title even.

But I'm in a filthy mood. So maybe someone else will see it differently.

But dont let me or rules stop anyone from a good Bush/Moore bashing. I mean, I hardly care either way personally.

Michael Moore is the Ann Coulter of the left, it is no good trying to blast people who buy into this type of crap wholeheartedly because they will just label you a fascist or a pro-terrorist. Best to just read up and have some decent ammunition for your arguments.

Angela, that line is simply brilliant, I may have to steal it :wink:

Nope...I am going to keep my mouth shut...

:lmao:

Ummmm....Welcome to the forum........Its nice to see someone so young come here and express themselves. Don't let anyone get you down, you can like U2, and Bono's causes, and still be conservative despite the ramblings in here.

And MIchael Moore lies....and its not a documentary.

electioneering, the first post-modern act ever? or is this the first?

checks and balances folks.

moore is a necessary response to the conservative slant of political discourse in the states. and the conservative slant of political discourse in the states is a necessary response to moore.

is he an idiot? for sure.
does he lie? who in the game doesn't? and while its expected to come from a politician, coming from a 'documentarian' is a stroke of brilliance and no one should kid themselves that conservatives wouldn't do it if they could.

iraqi hearts and minds aren't the only ones being sought.

but the whole discourse is quite amusing to watch for communications academics.

it is a joke.

Last edited:
Kieran, no offense taken, but for the record I'm also a PLEBAn and a liberal! I've changed over the years. I used to be about ten times as partisan as I am now. I've calmed down quite a bit. Yes, I saw Fahrenheit 9/11, and liked it, but I'm actually not a big fan of Michael Moore's, either. He's said a fair number of things I don't agree with.

Last edited:
Yay, another useless thread. Why come in here and state what every other conservative and a lot of liberals in here have already stated. You didn't bring anything new to the front. No facts to back up anything...just gripes. I don't get it.

Last edited:
The thing that bothers me the most about the current political climate is the anti-Bush equals anti-American mentality. I haven't had things thrown at my car because of a bumper sticker since the late 70's.

have no clue how any of you can like this guy

I do. He appeals to what some people want to hear and believe, mostly outer fringe, left wing, conspiracy theory believeing radicals. They like him because they want to. The like him because he gives a public voice and a wider audience to their viewpoints. They like him because they think he gives them credibility, but for others, like me, he has no credibility and it hurts his position and makes them both a joke.

u2granny said:
The thing that bothers me the most about the current political climate is the anti-Bush equals anti-American mentality. I haven't had things thrown at my car because of a bumper sticker since the late 70's.

Let that be a lesson to you. NEVER advertise your beliefs on a bumper sticker. There are all kinds of assholes out there who are for or against a lot of different things. This is no insult to any particular side, they could come from any position.

Lilac said:

Let that be a lesson to you. NEVER advertise your beliefs on a bumper sticker. There are all kinds of assholes out there who are for or against a lot of different things. This is no insult to any particular side, they could come from any position.

Anyway.....People are more polarized in their beliefs now than they have been in a long time.

You're right u2granny. The New Yorker has an article about the election in it. It claims that this is the most charged election since 1968. That was the year of Viet Nam, of demonstrators getting the hell beaten out of them outside of the Democratic National Convention, all sorts of madness. There is definitely a huge amount of polarization out there. I've seen the worst fights between Kerry and Bush supporters! I have never seen this :censored: before! I hate it! My own mother hates Bush so much it's scary. I don't hate the guy, but I don't support him.

Can I just clarify something. Michael Moore doesn't need me to defend him, ok.

I don't think he's an idiot, however he is a polemicist and does not hide the fact. Well, good luck to him, it's not as though there isn't plenty to get angry about.

That's all. I just get sick of threads where unless you're a hard-core conservative, you're part of 'the enemy'. I just get so sick of it. Usually it can be spotted a mile off, as when a thread starts off along the lines of 'you people...'

you people who start these dumbass threads should be banned. Let's talk about something that really matters...like Bono's hair! Come on November 22!

I'm sorry, but I don't find George W. Bush, or his supporters, remotely credible.

This guy is a loser. have no clue how any of you can like this guy. He's so deceptive it's not even funny. He plays with people's emotions to get people to listen to him, and you can tell he's putting on an act half the time.

As if that's not bad enough, he's an outright liar. Nothing he says can be trusted because he just lies so much. The worst part is that people love this guy!! He's so friggin popular and so many people can't get enough of him.

Well, I honestly think those people are ignorant (yup. Sorry but that's how I feel). They choose to follow him simply because he plays on their fears. So many conservatives are willing to jump onto the Bush bandwagon, and not question one thing he says. Why should they? He's on the same side they are, right? Even if his main message is the same as yours you need to question him!!!

He's so popular with the media too. The conservatives in Washington (ok uhhh... everyone at Fox News, the Washington Times and the Wall Street Journal) love him too. Just a couple night ago he was on Larry King and they loved him . I was about to throw my tv out the window. Dennis Miller (who I really enjoy) constantly has guests on who show their hate for Moore. The crowd's always cheering along too. Moore's biggest battle in this election is his oppositions sheer ignorance. These people are perfectly happy being lied to by morons like Bush. It's sad really. He's an outright liar and people LOVE him.

Well, I can see why someone would be a conservative by basically believing in the concept of "limited government". While I do not agree with this philosophy it's a perfectly legitimate point of view, one shared, incidentally, by nearly all of my friends. Liberals are an endangered species in Alabama. :wink: Bush is obviously closer to what they believe than Kerry is, and what are they supposed to do, sit out the election? Of course not. I can't tell someone else what their hopes and dreams are all about. I only ask that mine be respected.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom