I'm sorry, but I don't find Michael Moore, or his fans, remotely credible. - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2004, 06:50 PM   #106
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by beli
Well, my effort to kill this thread before it really went downhill was spectacularly unsuccessful.
Nobody ever listened to Dan Quale either.

Old 08-16-2004, 06:57 PM   #107
Refugee

Local Time: 04:07 PM
Not true. I never misspelled "potato" ever again.

Old 08-16-2004, 07:12 PM   #108
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ThatGuy
Not true. I never misspelled "potato" ever again.

That is the perfect thought to finally get off my lazy butt and go to sleep.

Thanks!
Old 08-16-2004, 07:17 PM   #109
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Popmartijn

Nobody ever listened to Dan Quale either.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:57 PM   #110
Babyface

Local Time: 05:07 PM
Bush Moore..Coulter, Hannity

They are all the same. They all put a spin on everything to get their word out. However if you are referring to Moore and 9/11 thats all fact, everything he has presented there is documented. True the scene with the mother walking around in DC might have been staged, but everything else is documented. Hannity, Coulter, Limbaugh, Moore, Franken, Bush they are no better than the other. Just take the time to decipher your pwn opinion and make a good judgement not based on what the media wants you to believe, but whats in your heart.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:27 PM   #111
War Child

Local Time: 12:07 AM
Re: Bush Moore..Coulter, Hannity

Quote:
Originally posted by steve1451
Just take the time to decipher your own opinion and make a good judgement not based on what the media wants you to believe, but whats in your heart.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:06 AM   #112
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!

hold me closer, tiny dancer.

FYM REALLY lacks a sense of humor!

Lighten up people...if you can't see the humor in Michael Moore and Bono "pratically being twins..." then you you need to push your chair away from the computer and go outside for a bit. Don't take YOURSELF so seriously.

The one thing that I have always hated about FYM is the lack of people with a sense of humor.

Drama is easy, comedy is hard.

How was that humorous though?

It doesn't even make sense, not to mention not being funny. I mean, saying Bono and Robin Williams are practically twins, is funny (though Bono much less hairy, and cuter).

I admit, I know very little about Moore, in fact, I didn't know who he was until "Bowling for Columbine" came out, (did anyone here?)

First off, Bono is Irish, that automatically means an entirely different perspective than Moore. Remember, in Ireland and Northern Ireland, the term republican, means more than just being a member of a political party.

Another, Bono says he's Christian. I don't know if Moore is, but that would make a difference. People are-- "one, but not the same." If you don't think a Christian and an atheist would have lots to disagree about, I can link you to some forums that would prove otherwise. Note: *(it's not that I'm a singling out other religions, but an atheist, in practice, does not follow any religion, nor believe in any gods. Comparing an atheist to a Christian is comparing apples to oranges, comparing a Hindu to Christain is comparing navel oranges to mandarin oranges. ) *

Bono's working with all sides, to try and help African countries out, he's trying to see the good in people, not focus on the bad like Moore.

$435 million in debt was erased due to Jubilee 2000/Drop the Debt with Bono acting as spokesperson for them.

I dunno, maybe Moore's film will make a few million at the box office, but I'm guessing it won't do anything to help impoverished nations due to crushing debts.

Again, Bono being Irish, European, non-American, makes him much different idealogically from Moore.

I dunno, I just imagine Bono's more intelligent/educated than Moore. I'm an American, but I know what a lot of other countries think of our education system. I've seen some of questions on the high school "exit" exams in Ireland. They're all fill in, short answer, essay questions. I think some of questions on them, make the S.A.T's look like piece of cake.

Robin Williams can do a convincing Irish accent, btw.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:30 AM   #113
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

And I wait for the ignorant personal attacks on Catholics, Republicans, Conservative Christians ect. that go on in here all the time.

please.....
If you can show me one post I have ever made with any of those, then I will personally apologise to you.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:12 AM   #114
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:07 AM
Look guys, nobody ever expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Old 08-20-2004, 04:53 AM   #115
War Child

Quote:
However if you are referring to Moore and 9/11 thats all fact, everything he has presented there is documented.

http://www.davekopel.com/terror/fift...enheit-911.htm

My apologies if this has been posted before, but the writer(a Nader supporter just like Moore) makes frequent updates to this page.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:55 AM   #116
War Child

Quote:
However if you are referring to Moore and 9/11 thats all fact, everything he has presented there is documented.

http://www.davekopel.com/terror/fift...enheit-911.htm

My apologies if this has been posted before, but the writer(a Nader supporter just like Moore) makes frequent updates to this page anyway.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:44 PM   #117
Refugee

Kopel may be a Nader supporter, but he's also the research director at the Independence Institute, which has right-wing funding. So don't take his support of Nader as an indication that Kopel is an unbiased source. Plus, given his views expressed here, he may hold a grudge against Moore over Bowling for Columbine.

Not that I thinki F9/11 in completely factual. I admit that it did stretch the truth in spots. But here's Moore's notes and sources for the film:
http://www.michaelmoore.com/warroom/...ndex.php?id=16

And an admittedly biased refutation of Kopel's piece:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2004/7/18/173312/462
Old 08-22-2004, 03:15 PM   #118
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by thrillme
I admit, I know very little about Moore, in fact, I didn't know who he was until "Bowling for Columbine" came out, (did anyone here?)
\

I knew about him back in the early 90s. I took a film class where we had to watch Roger and Me, and his TV Nation series. He also had The Awful Truth out, so yes, I would say that while he was not a household name in the world before BFC, he was not an unknown either. He also filmed Canadian Bacon with John Candy and that got him some exposure as well.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:13 PM   #119
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:07 AM
I used to watch the Awful Truth also. My favourite episode was where he recruited some smokers to sing christmas carols through their tracheotomies outside Phillip Morris office
Old 08-23-2004, 03:44 AM   #120
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:07 AM
Ah yes The Awful Truth, thinking about the sniper school for kids. Or when he was chasing after the Taliban for banning TV. And his speaking out against Clinton over millitary intervention in the Balkans and the UN Sanctions on Iraq.

As much as I disagree with his opinions and his methods I do respect the fact he has maintained a solid line of argument - he is not some peace creep who opposes War in Iraq but thinks that Kosovo was a good thing.