I'm Serious About This, I'm Wondering Why..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
Has Bush ever held hands w/ any other world leader? Didn't he hold hands w/ this man before, I think maybe I saw another photo? Inquiring minds want to know.. Does this mean gas prices will actually go down, or will more than hand holding be required? :wink:

Serious replies appreciated (is that actually a Saudi custom, sorry I'm ignorant about that), but sarcastic and funny replies are more than welcome :D

President Bush greets Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah at his ranch in Crawford, Texas Monday, April 25, 2005. President Bush is seeking relief from record-high gas prices and support for Middle East peace as he opens his Texas ranch to Abdullah. Saudi Arabia is the world's largest oil producer.

capt.txgh20404251659.bush_saudi_arabia_txgh204.jpg

It is not unusual to find men holding hands in Saudi. I'll check with my wife (she lived there for a few years) but I think this is part of Saudi culture.

MrsSpringsteen said:
sarcastic and funny replies are more than welcome :D

Sooo....is Bush getting or giving the hand job? :eyebrow:

I saw it live on TV and yes they were holding hands. I also thought it was weird, maybe the Prince was not on steady footing? Maybe it is a custom.

Macfistowannabe said:
It's a custom, and Saudi men also kiss to greet each other.

They just have to make sure not to "hold hands" or "kiss" each other, because then they'll get their heads chopped off.

Fuck Saudi Arabia. The biggest terrorist bastion of all, and Bush is holding hands with their leader.

Melon

Perfectly normal. I spent the first 18 years of my life getting kissed by men with a predeliction for facial hair, and it was not pleasant. Sure, I kissed them back, but my face was as smooth as a baby's bottom. The hand-holding is part of everyday life, but I never took part in that, never knowing where anyone's hands had been in the first place. Make sure you dont' kiss women though, or hold their hands in public. Now, thats a no no.

Ant.

Last edited:
Anthony said:
Perfectly normal. I spent the first 18 years of my life getting kissed by men with a predeliction for facial hair, and it was not pleasant. Sure, I kissed them back, but my face was as smooth as a baby's bottom. The hand-holding is part of everyday life, but I never took part in that, never knowing where anyone's hands had been in the first place. Make sure you dont' kiss women though, or hold their hands in public. Now, thats a no no.

it does truly boggle the mind.

my fantasy straight-girlfriend Wonkette has this to report: "Is that really a picture of President Bush holding hands with Saudi Arabia Crown Prince Abdullah? No. It's a picture of President Bush "man-handing" the Crown Prince, which, we're certain the NY Times will eventually inform us, is the new term for totally heterosexual same-sex hand-holding. How can you tell it's man-handing rather than some kind of preliminary homosexual courtship ritual? Because Bush and Abdullah are frolicking through a field of Texas Bluebonnet wildflowers. If they were gay, they'd be doing something super-manly like roping steers."

it does truly boggle the mind.

You wont find anything more perverse or twisted or hypocritical than sexual politics in the Arab world. Its a shock for me to find everyday that I'm not a total sexual deviant, by all accounts I grew up in the right culture to become one.

Ant.

Anthony said:

You wont find anything more perverse or twisted or hypocritical than sexual politics in the Arab world. Its a shock for me to find everyday that I'm not a total sexual deviant, by all accounts I grew up in the right culture to become one.

but by some definitions, you are a *total* deviant.

a wicked, wicked deviant.

wicked, i tell you.

now, let's flog you publicly in the square so all the men can watch.

;)

now, let's flog you publicly in the square so all the men can watch.

Only if you televise it on national television so that everyone can see how wicked I am - then you've got yourself a deal.

:wink:

Ant.

Anthony said:

Only if you televise it on national television so that everyone can see how wicked I am - then you've got yourself a deal.

:wink:

Ant.

well, a cetain Australian-American actor made a movie about a gorgeous young man with dazzling eyes being flogged and beaten and tortured and bloodied by big, burly soldiers.

it made lots of money.

just saying is all ...

;)

well, a cetain Australian-American actor made a movie about a gorgeous young man with dazzling eyes being flogged and beaten and tortured and bloodied by big, burly soldiers.

Caviezel is quite attractive, isn't he? The eyes were contacts, though. :madspit:

Ant.

I think that they make a cute couple, but that's just me, always looking at the bright side!!

I'd hate to think where the Prince would be if that were Clinton and not Bush.

Anthony said:

Caviezel is quite attractive, isn't he? The eyes were contacts, though. :madspit:

Ant.

blasphemy! blasphemy!

how dare you say anything in the film wasn't also in the bible. like hordes of devil children that chase Judas to his death.

Back
Top Bottom