im scared to be raptured

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, you are right. There will be a lot of Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, etc. in heaven ... all of the ones that accepted Jesus as the only way to salvation.

How can you say that there is nothing that is absolute? What does 2 + 2 equal? That is absolute.

No other teaching on earth provides man with a path to God ... you can believe whatever you want. No other teaching provides a way for sinful man, to reach sinless God.

The whole planet does need God. The Bible is perfect ... no one has ever found anything wrong or false written in it.

netminder0 said:
First off, if you believe God and what He says in the Bible, then you would believe that He is a just and fair God. He would never condemn anyone who shouldn't be condemned, and He wouldn't save anyone who shouldn't be saved. He is just.
God reveals Himself to everyone who truly wants to find Him. We do have free will. Those 144,000 are people that actually choose to follow God. They have lived lives that glorify Him ... because they choose to.

Nice avoidance of the questions. I'm asking what is the point if it's already known what I'm going to choose? Where is this free will?

And you say God reveals himself to everyone who truly wants to find him, but what if you grow up somewhere where you've never heard of God? What if you grow up where God goes by a different name than yours?

netminder0 said:
First off, if you believe God and what He says in the Bible, then you would believe that He is a just and fair God. He would never condemn anyone who shouldn't be condemned, and He wouldn't save anyone who shouldn't be saved. He is just.
God reveals Himself to everyone who truly wants to find Him. We do have free will. Those 144,000 are people that actually choose to follow God. They have lived lives that glorify Him ... because they choose to.

The Bible includes many accounts of people that sought God, and He revealed Himself to them. Acts 8:26-38

But I don't believe in your God and your bible so to me you simply appear arrogant in your absolute confidence in your own moral pre-eminence.

Remind me please, what does the bible say about the common hare? It's ruminant, yes?

netminder0 said:
The Bible is perfect ... no one has ever found anything wrong or false written in it.

Do you know how ridiculous this sounds?

If it was perfect there would be no room for interpretation, we wouldn't be having these discussions because it would all be an easy black and white issue such as I have 10 fingers.

netminder0 said:
Well then, find something written within that is proven false or wrong.

Carbon dating alone makes it completely historically inaccurate whereas timelines are concerned.

Next!

Just because what someone will choose is already known ... it doesn't mean that it is chosen for them. I may know that my brother will wake up tomorrow morning at 8:00 ... but that doesn't mean that I am making his choice to get up. Its two different things to know the future and to choose the future.

God will reveal Himself to those who seek Him ... no matter where they live or who they are.

Thats fine if you don't believe in God ... that is your choice. It isn't about what your opinion of me is ... its only your opinion of God that matters Silja.

netminder0 said:
That is a fact based on scripture.

Hold it. Matters of faith are "facts"? Real facts are few and far between. You can't argue with a few things, like gravity, but as a practicing Catholic I wouldn't call something from faith a "fact". You have to be able to prove a fact, and you can't prove anything from a faith tradition is a fact. It's something you believe, not something you can prove with an experiment.

netminder0 said:
What's a hare? A rabbit?

Different race but essentially a bigger rabbit with longer legs and longer ears. I'm awaiting your answer with baited breath.

netminder0 said:
The Bible is perfect ... no one has ever found anything wrong or false written in it.

wow, care to back this up?

i will grant you, though, that the Bible isn't wrong about, say, homosexuality, but people who use the Bible to justify their own prejudices and bigotry towards homosexuals are certainly very wrong.

Dude, Silja, I have no idea what you are talking about ... are you asking what the Bible says about other races of people?

netminder0 said:
Just because what someone will choose is already known ... it doesn't mean that it is chosen for them. I may know that my brother will wake up tomorrow morning at 8:00 ... but that doesn't mean that I am making his choice to get up. Its two different things to know the future and to choose the future.

But the only reason you know is his alarm is set for that time and that's when he usually wakes up. This has nothing to do with knowing the future. And you surely didn't know before he was born.

You're really not getting it.

netminder0 said:

God will reveal Himself to those who seek Him ... no matter where they live or who they are.

I guess that's easy for someone to say when they grew up with the "truth" in their home.:|

BonoVox, Acts 8:26-38 shows that God reveals Himself to those who seek Him out ... even those who live in other regions.

God is omniscient ... He knows everything that has and will ever take place.

but to bring this back to the point of the thread:

love_u2_adam -- you are going to be just fine.

be the best you can, love as much as you can, make the world a better place, believe in God and Jesus as much as you can (if you should choose, if other paths speak to you more profoundly, then follow those), and you will be okay.

netminder0 said:
Dude, Silja, I have no idea what you are talking about ... are you asking what the Bible says about other races of people?

No I'm saying that the bible claims that the hare is ruminant which is categorically, positively, and completely false. So I guess that your claim that the bible is infallible and comprise a collection of irrefutable facts is categorically, positively, and completely false as well.

netminder0 said:
And so everyone is clear ... 2+2 and 3+1 equal the same thing ... so you sort of proved my point.

ah, but there are many ways to get to 4, no?

4+0
3+1
2+2
6-2
5+(-1)

and so on and so on and so on ... many paths.

netminder0 said:
BonoVox, Acts 8:26-38 shows that God reveals Himself to those who seek Him out ... even those who live in other regions.

God is omniscient ... He knows everything that has and will ever take place.

:rolleyes: You aren't getting it, are you?

Why would you seek God, if you've never heard of God?

Or why would you seek any other God, if everything you know is your God.

If the Muslim God is the truth, you for sure wouldn't seek it out, for you think you've already found the truth.

First off, this example was to prove that there are absolute truths that exist. Secondly, I could see if there were more than one possible paths. However, what if one of the paths states that it is the only path? What then?

But I have sought out the Muslim path ... and I have found that it cannot be true.

A person would seek God because He exists, and we were created to have a relationship with Him. People try to fill the empty void in their lives with all kinds of things, but the void is empty because God is not present.

netminder0 said:
But I have sought out the Muslim path ... and I have found that it cannot be true.

Good for YOU.

A Hindu sought out the Christian path and found that it cannot be true.

Any questions?

netminder0 said:
First off, this example was to prove that there are absolute truths that exist. Secondly, I could see if there were more than one possible paths. However, what if one of the paths states that it is the only path? What then?

Mathematics happen. You've just stated Gödels Theorem - and there are logical ways around it.

netminder0 said:
When was this in middle school?:eyebrow:

netminder0 said:

A person would seek God because He exists, and we were created to have a relationship with Him. People try to fill the empty void in their lives with all kinds of things, but the void is empty because God is not present.

You keep avoiding the true specifics of the question.

So it's obvious you're perspective is pretty narrow so this conversation is pretty much dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom