I'm off to see Tim Kaine with Barack Obama

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono's shades said:
Congratulations to Tim Kaine and U2Dem!

I'm so happy for you, Laura. I know you must have been so devastated this time last year. :hug:

Me too. My teachers at the studio are diehard liberals. One of them clenched fists and pumped them when I told her a Democrat had been elected in Virginia.

That was a fascinating town hall meeting on transportation. Tim spoke for a bit at the beginning, then opened it up to comments from the people (it was standing room only). There were some crazy folks there, but he handled them well.

I'll be seeing him again tomorrow night :D

U2democrat said:

No I was not in favor of the war, and I disagree with his vote. But, there's rarely not only a politician, but another person in general with whom I agree on every single issue. Joe's a smart guy, honest, and says it like it is.

U2dem,

Biden strikes me as an opportunistic old bag, and I'm losing respect for him as each day goes by.

First he voted for the war, which fine, I can accept was an honest mistake by many. Then he goes on for months on end about increasing troop numbers in Iraq. Now, all of a sudden when the public turns on "staying the course" and Murtha is trailblazing, he's out there yammering for withdrawal. 5 bucks says Hillary's right behind him.

Distaste for this guy already. They need a better candidate than this or the Dems are really stupider than even I think.

anitram said:
Distaste for this guy already. They need a better candidate than this or the Dems are really stupider than even I think.

I'll agree with you, but thinking more pragmatically, Biden is one of the "lesser" of the opportunistic morons of the Democratic Party. I've enjoyed his relative candor on "Meet the Press," so even if he fell prey to all this Gulf War II lunacy, he'd probably be a better candidate than John Kerry.

The question, however, is whether he'll treat voters like morons with an IQ of 80 and broadcast nothing but intellectually insulting, overly vague ads. People then are more inclined to maintain the status quo, which, in this case, is the Republican Party. The opposition party, which, in this case, is the Democratic Party, always has to prove that they have a new agenda. Even then, I'm not all that convinced that they do. The party is in quite a sorry shape.

Melon

(FYI Biden is NOT my candidate for '08, I think he would probably lose, but I still like him)

Getting back on topic here Tim Kaine just said I'm in his top 5 volunteers :D He also called me a glutton for punishment :lol: Here's to hoping I get a job for him in the summers :up:

Back
Top Bottom