I'm off to see Tim Kaine with Barack Obama

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's a big difference between campaigning for a certain candidate and blind ambition. Tim is a friend of mine, and a very good man, so of course I'm being very supportive of him.

Zoomerang96 said:
that was NOT me bashing her. i was merely saying what i observed of her "enthusiasm".

what she does is her own business, and if she has enthusiasm for something, that's great. but i look at her handle, i look at her avatar, i look at her signature, i look at her posts and i look at her location and it's electioneering. my comment was an observation.

:eyebrow: wait..... what's wrong with electioneering?
IF she has read the issues and decided this guy is one to campaign for-- which it certainly sounds like she has.
And she's been at this a long time- i've know u2d a little bit for over a year or so.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hi u2 dem :hug:

I've done campainging stuff {and various single issues work when i sort of gave up on candidate campaigning for some years}... it can be frustrating, encouraging and sometimes a
hell of a lot of fun !!!

ANd i esp have fun because as an artist/designer I'm been on several decorating commitees, u2d....for the election night at the various hotels.

THE best was in '92 I was at the Sheroton Hotel in NYC decorating up the Grand Ballroom for Clinton/Gore's nyc camapign people. SO i got to watch them win there in a big racous NYC crowd!
Later i actsaully did a whole series of sketches based on the hall slowly filling up,, people's eactions as the state's Electoral count started to come in....then being SO CLOSE to winning...THEN WINNING. :hyper: Itwas a glorious evening! :happy:

i'll try to read the article when i can :) .

November 03, 2005
Poll Finds Kaine Pulling Away in Virginia
Tim Kaine (D) "has opened an eight-point lead," 44% to 36% over Jerry Kilgore (R) according to the Roanoke College Poll.

Interestingly, when pollsters apply "a more restrictive definition of likely voter," this increases Kaine's lead to 10 points, 48% to 38%.

I just heard segment on NPR about this race.

Kilgore is such a loser,
I can't believe this race is even considered in contention.

The Republicans unfortunately have an amazing last minute GOTV and I don't trust any poll anymore until the final results are in.

U2democrat said:
who says it's a blind ambition? i always examine the candidates and the issues...and if a democrat in a certain race is a moron i most likely would not support them. It's not blind ambition...it's passion.

I am curious about one thing....I think you have said you admire or support Joe Biden on here before...I have reservations about this man, from what I am read he voted for the Iraq war and has not regretted of his vote or admitted he was misled ..were you in favour of the Iraq war and if not do you think Democrats who were should admit now they were wrong?

I am just curious, do not answer if you don't want.

(BTW from what I have read I think Kaine is a good candidate, and I hope he wins.)

Last edited:
financeguy said:

I am curious about one thing....I think you have said you admire or support Joe Biden on here before...I have reservations about this man, from what I am read he voted for the Iraq war and has not regretted of his vote or admitted he was misled ..were you in favour of the Iraq war and if not do you think Democrats who were should admit now they were wrong?

I am just curious, do not answer if you don't want.

(BTW from what I have read I think Kaine is a good candidate, and I hope he wins.)

No I was not in favor of the war, and I disagree with his vote. But, there's rarely not only a politician, but another person in general with whom I agree on every single issue. Joe's a smart guy, honest, and says it like it is. At this point whether or not we should have gone to Iraq is not neccessarily THE issue to be discussed, but how we should best finish the job and get out of there, which is what Biden talks about a lot.

Anyway, back to Kaine. A lot of good articles and polls have been coming out, but as anitram said the Republican GOTV effort is outstanding, and to win the election the Dems have to outdo the GOTV.

U2democrat said:
No I was not in favor of the war, and I disagree with his vote. But, there's rarely not only a politician, but another person in general with whom I agree on every single issue. Joe's a smart guy, honest, and says it like it is. At this point whether or not we should have gone to Iraq is not neccessarily THE issue to be discussed, but how we should best finish the job and get out of there, which is what Biden talks about a lot.

Ah ok. :up:

What could only sweeten a Kaine victory?

a little spanking :yes:

Bush Aid in Virginia Governor's Race Seen as GOP Gamble
By Johanna Neuman
Times Staff Writer

November 5, 2005

WASHINGTON — When President Bush spoke last week in Norfolk, Va., about Iraq and terrorism, one dignitary was noticeably absent: Republican Jerry Kilgore, the state's former attorney general, who is locked in a heated race for governor.

On Friday, the White House announced that Bush and Kilgore would appear together at a rally in Richmond on Monday night, before polls open Tuesday.

The Virginia race is being scrutinized for signs of whether Bush's sinking popularity will affect state and local elections and will be a factor in next year's midterm congressional races. By stepping into the Virginia race, Bush is putting his prestige on the line, one analyst said.

"One thing's for sure: If Kilgore loses, Bush will take a spanking," said Larry Sabato.

While Dubya will be stumping for Kilgore in my home of Richmond today, I'll be heading to Norfolk for Tim's final rally, with Gov. Mark Warner and attorney general candidate Creigh Deeds. Then tomorrow after classes I'm heading back home to Richmond for the victory party :D

Haha, Dubya. There's somebody you want by your side in this day and age!

Good luck, U2dem!

I wish you all the best and may the force be with you ;)

Really, I support you as best as I could. Great job by yours, and your party :)

:hyper:

a new poll has tim up by 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CFT1107_04073007686.png

:hyper:

PLEASE let this be like the results tomorrow night!!!!!!

That's a healthy lead.

Hopefully the Diebold voting machines won't 'lose' the votes. :|

What a great rally :hyper:

I might be in the background in some AP photos :camera: so I'm keeping an eye out. :shifty:

Tim saw me and before I even opened my mouth he said "Come here you 19 year old you!" and gave me a great big hug. His memory is incredible. I can't wait until the party tomorrow night!

I'm determined to work for Tim in the summers. I'm close to him and I'm really close to people who would know how to get me a job for him, so all I need to do is get him elected :up:

^that's my dream way of starting a career in politics. all I need to do now is find an Georgia politician who

a) isn't too obscenely corrupt (which rules out most of the Atlanta, inner city politicians)

b) actually has a chance in hell of being elected (which rules out just about everyone *not* in Atlanta city politics...unless I go Republican in the next few years or something crazy like that :wink: )

of course hopefully I can get scholarship money and go to Ohio state, that would change everything. :rockon:

anyway (enough about me)...if that poll is accurate, that seems like a positive indicator, may the force be with you as Vincent Vega said!

Here's a picture I took of my shirt:
Rally077.jpg

This is from the rally tonight, without using a zoom so I was that close.
Rally076.jpg

Left, future Gov. Tim Kaine, right, future President Mark Warner.

Good luck! I'll be living in VA next year so I hope for my sake that the outcome is a good one. :up:

Good luck, U2Dem! Everybody remember to vote today... and remember, if you don't vote, you have no right to complain about your government. I'd do it right now if it wasn't 5:30 in the friggin morning.

Back
Top Bottom