I'm noticing a trend...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
I believe that the frequency of posts and replies in here have gone down. This could be as a result of
a) Vertigo hype
b) Edge hype
c) The bickering in here is getting too feisty for some to deal with.

If c is the main reason for this trend, I am hoping that after the election, the bitterness in here may decrease, thus bringing people back into FYM for thought provoking discussion.

Or am I alone in this feeling? :huh:

It's been this way for a while, actually. I used to think that after the election, things would calm down, but I'm starting to doubt it.

give it a couple of months after the election, when the immediate reaction to whatever happens has eased....HOPEFULLY, and i don't just mean here in FYM but all over the world, peoples tempers will ease until another 4 years from now or....heaven forbid.....another war.

John Edwards pictures are always welcome!!!!!!

Seriously, I'm worried about how voters who backed the losing candidate are going to handle their guy losing the election. Emotions are running so high that those who backed the losing candidate could feel depressed, angry and/or scared about what the future will bring.

Who would have thought, on Sept. 27, 2001, that our country would be so divided three years later?

At least we'll have the U2 album to make us happy...

I got burned out -- hence my absense for awhile up until a month ago. You people just make me think to much. geez.

Oh! Edge's favorite candy bar is Dime Bar. Gotta go buy some!

Heh, Edge is cool. Imagine what would have happened if there wasn't a server upgrade (I will put my donation in around the 20th Oct, money freed up then :yes: ) entire sytem would have crashed.

Yea, it is hard to complain about too much U2 talk.

As for the mood here lately, between the Iraq war and the election, we've had two major polarizing topics here.

Yeah, I think there are definitely people who'd rather discuss "Vertigo" than politics right now. I've also had the hurricane crud to post notes about. Not to mention said hurricane knocking me offline for ten days. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

As for emotions being hot about the elections, I'm psyched to handle either a Bush or a Kerry victory. There are always disappointed people after an election. You always hope it's not you, but to be perfectly honest I'm so used to election disappointment that it's almost a shock when I don't get it. I'll never forget 1992, it was almost an identity crisis thing. :wink:

I am definitely posting in here less cause of the Vertigo & Edge Hype! I needed this wonderful distraction so much and am enjoying every moment!

:D

nbcrusader said:
Add another couple of weeks for everyone to get over another Bush win :wink:

The tone of FYM will be set for four years. Maybe there won't be a big time controversy should we get a second Bush term. But hell could break loose over Social Security privatization or whatever if they get into something else controversial. I can't imagine Bush staying out of controversial territory. He's just not the type. He's a "bold strokes" kind of President. Of course perhaps the same might be true of Kerry should there be a Kerry Administration. I'm just trying to be fair. :wink:

c) most thread seem to have turned into discussing topics for the sake of discussion without a clear interest to educate or learn something

I doubt that the environment here will change much after the election- at least for a good, long while. Half of the voting public will be absolutely crushed, the other half elated and possibly (do you really doubt it?) gloating. I'll lurk until I see a change in temperature.

Last edited:
I couldn't watch CNN if I felt like it. We still don't have our cable back from the hurricane destruction. They couldn't even start to fix it until we had our telephone connection fixed. It's taking forever to get the cable hooked up. We called the cable company and they claim they are working on it. Maddening. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

najeena said:
I doubt that the environment here will change much after the election- at least for a good, long while. Half of the voting public will be absolutely crushed, the other half elated and possibly (do you really doubt it?) gloating. I'll lurk until I see a change in temperature.

I'll be disappointed but not crushed if my candidate loses. Of course I'm not a political milquetoast and I won't feel great, but liberals in Alabama are used to losing elections, trust me. We never win statewide races, well, except 1998, and that was sort of a fluke because a Republican governor had f:censored:d up big time and we voted the guy out of office. Then that Democrat turned out to be a huge disappointment and I wasn't too bummed out in 2002 when a Republican was elected. Incidentally that Democrat has now gotten into all sorts of ethical hot water. They are really serious charges, the guy's in trouble. Politics as usual. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom