I'm going to see John Edwards tomorrow!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
Yes, Mr. July of the "Hunks of the Democratic Party" calendar is coming to pax's hometown tomorrow, and she snagged tickets!!!

I actually don't have anything else to say, I'm just really excited.

I'm jealous. Edwards was in Birmingham recently for a private fund-raiser, and since I'm a schmuck I didn't get invited. That's going to be a treat.

Okay, here's how the rally went:

A few Pennsylvania Democrat bigwigs warmed up the crowd while Edwards was hanging out with some locals who lost their jobs due to factory closings. I got there pretty late, so I was glad for the delay! (I couldn't get out of work early enough.)

It was pretty damn hot, and because I had come straight from work, I was wearing nice pants and shoes and a button-down blouse, but they did pass out free water (an EXCELLENT idea). AND, even though I had peon tickets, I got to stand right up front (if there had been seats, I maybe would have been 6th or 7th row). I got a placard to wave, some of the local volunteers were signing up people (including me!) to volunteer...it was VERY well put-together.

The president of one of the local unions (who also got laid off recently due to a factory closing) introduced Edwards, and he delivered his recent variation on his "Two Americas" speech...and he was AWESOME. He was very warm and engaging and a wonderful speaker. The sound system was even good. And although he mentioned Bush and Cheney once or twice, it was just sort of in a "don't vote for them" context--no mudslinging. You could just see all the old ladies getting starry-eyed. ;)

When his speech was over, he got down from the stage and chitchatted and shook hands...with ME!!! For real! (I mean, not just me, obviously, but I got to shake his hand!!!) He was very sweaty, and for the rest of my story, you'll all have to head to PLEBAJJ (j/k).

Anyway, it was a fun way to spend an afternoon. :)

I got to shake his hand back in February.....he looked right into my eyes and smiled at me.....and i was able to follow him until he slipped out a back door. I also noticed he kept looking at me during his speech because i was leaning on the side of the stage where nobody else was and he kept glancing in my direction........:faint:

i also got to go to his homecoming in raleigh on july 10. man that was INSANE. the crowd was HUGE and everyone was pumped. unfortunately i was in the back and the secret service wouldn't let john/john come shake our hands but it was obvious edwards wanted to come see us because he kept motioning in our direction signaling that he wanted to say hello but couldn't. ah now i'm getting all worked up!! all this talk about edwards makes me :combust:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom