Illegal to be gay? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2004, 04:39 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:14 PM
That never stopped you before, did it U2kitten? As far as I can see, you are welcome to hold forth at great length.

Just don't assume that all muslims think alike on everything. That's all I've ever been trying to say.

Old 06-06-2004, 08:21 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kieran McConville
That never stopped you before, did it U2kitten? As far as I can see, you are welcome to hold forth at great length.

Just don't assume that all muslims think alike on everything. That's all I've ever been trying to say.
Oh please. All my posts in that Gene Simmons thread, including the title, were full of the disclaimer terms 'some' 'most' 'in certain cases' and the like. I thought everyone could automatically see by that I was aiming my comments at the ones who ARE like that and it went without saying that it wasn't about the ones who aren't.

Yet still people kept posting the old "but they're not all like that!" stuff. So I added even more emphasis to show I knew that all along, even going ---->SOME BUT NOT ALL<----- to my next comments. But it happened again!

And now it's happened AGAIN!!

For the last time, I KNOW "they're not all like that!" and I never said they were. But always stopping the discussion with that only excuses the ones who ARE like that, so women, gays, Jews, Americans, and even dogs will continue to be discriminated againt, shunned, even tortured and killed by the ones who are because some people are so busy sticking up for the ones who aren't.

That's why I was saying, there can be no 'outcry' because it always ends up this way. I can't understand why the ones who are get blanket protection because of the ones who aren't, and there isn't more outrage or action to help those oppressed. If it was Americans doing this, you'd be all over it like stink on shit.

Old 06-07-2004, 02:42 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Look it's nothing personal, U2Kitten. I just get annoyed when people complain that they can't express a certain view because of 'political correctness', when in fact the current political climate is EXTREMELY accommodating to your point of view.

Just because you encounter opposition in FYM doesn't mean much.
Old 06-07-2004, 03:23 AM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

I would disagree with that opinion. There is a serious proplem of the world having a shitload of ignorant racist jerks on one side and a bunch of ignorant touchy feely jerks on the other. This dichotomy is the problem, there is no massive anti-muslim hysteria or a massive PC pro-muslim campaign, we are in between both and whenever somebody says anything it is invariably attacked by the other group. It is a sorry state of affairs and I just hope that it can end within the next 5 years and we can find some freaking agreement.
Old 06-07-2004, 06:47 AM   #20
War Child

Local Time: 04:14 AM
Political correctness is one of the biggest threats to free speech the world has ever seen. Ironically, it's worse than anything the much maligned "right wing" has done.
Old 06-07-2004, 06:48 AM   #21
War Child

Local Time: 04:14 AM
Political correctness is one of the worst threats to free speech the world has ever known. Ironcially indeed, it is more stifling than anything the much maligned "right wing" has done.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:17 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Political correctness is a direct result of the downright offensive nature of conservative speech during the 1980s. I know that it has been 10 years since political correctness became popular, and, yes, it has probably gone too far, but don't forget the climate in which it developed, because if we go back to the offensive nature of the 1980s, in regards to minority groups, such as ethnic minorities, women, and homosexuals, then PC will just come back again with a vengeance.

Melon
Old 06-08-2004, 11:41 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I'm sorry, I didn't realise all you people felt threatened and stifled.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:52 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by melon
Political correctness is a direct result of the downright offensive nature of conservative speech during the 1980s. I know that it has been 10 years since political correctness became popular, and, yes, it has probably gone too far, but don't forget the climate in which it developed, because if we go back to the offensive nature of the 1980s, in regards to minority groups, such as ethnic minorities, women, and homosexuals, then PC will just come back again with a vengeance.

Melon
I, uh, don't know what you're talking about. What offensive speech? Who? When?

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer

I would disagree with that opinion. There is a serious proplem of the world having a shitload of ignorant racist jerks on one side and a bunch of ignorant touchy feely jerks on the other.
And the touchy feely jerks are protecting the ignorant racist jerks. It makes no sense!! I'd think they'd be just the types the touchy feelies hated?