Ignorance? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2006, 03:58 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:01 AM
Ignorance?

When some one points out their own view they are considered ingnorant by people who dont agree to there ideals. If they point out their view (which is mostly liberal and this board is pretty liberal) they have many supporters even though they may be considered ignorant.

---oh and where have you been BonoVox???

Old 03-08-2006, 04:01 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I am sure most of you dont like people being PC, yet alot it seems to me that PC runs rammpat in FYM.

Old 03-08-2006, 04:02 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:01 AM
Justin what you said was totally inappropriate (and invited being labeled ignorant to be perfectly honest with you) and you should just leave it at that. And not try to start further arguments especially with individuals here.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:06 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
I am sure most of you dont like people being PC, yet alot it seems to me that PC runs rammpat in FYM.
There's a difference between "PC" and crude, inappropriate, tactless, whatever word you want to use. I don't mean to insult you, just trying a little constructive criticism. Most people here are willing to listen to the viewpoints of others if they're stated in a respectful manner.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:07 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Justin what you said was totally inappropriate (and invited being labeled ignorant to be perfectly honest with you) and you should just leave it at that. And not try to start further arguments especially with individuals here.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:09 PM   #6
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:01 AM
Re: Ignorance?

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
When some one points out their own view they are considered ingnorant by people who dont agree to there ideals. If they point out their view (which is mostly liberal and this board is pretty liberal) they have many supporters even though they may be considered ignorant.

---oh and where have you been BonoVox???
I'm so glad I got welcomed back with such a special thread.

ignorance - The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed.

Your comment was one of the most uninformed comments I've seen in FYM, and I've been here awhile. It has nothing to do with not agreeing with ideals, don't play the martyr here.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:03 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

There's a difference between "PC" and crude, inappropriate, tactless, whatever word you want to use. I don't mean to insult you, just trying a little constructive criticism. Most people here are willing to listen to the viewpoints of others if they're stated in a respectful manner.
I will take these words and will value them. When I wrote that I did not mean for it to be crude and I apologize. And the title of this thread was not meant to call you ignorant BonoVox, I did not see you for a while on FYM and wanted to know where you have been.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:11 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:01 PM
I find the controversy over an admittedly juvenile comment over the top, considering that the last two comments on the thread linked below went completely uncommented upon (on this allegedly 'far left' 'liberal' board.)

http://forum.interference.com/t154412.html
Old 03-08-2006, 05:15 PM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life

When someone behaves like a troll on a continuous basis....Then you should be treated like a troll.

You can express your conservative values without pissing off half of the board with ignorant, deliberate, hateful posts.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:18 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

But you see when some one does post a conservative view, you treat them differently. How do you know the Posts are deliberatly posted to start a flame war. When I started that post that I asked to be closed, it was a questioner. So are you saying you have never in your life acted like a troll??
Old 03-08-2006, 05:19 PM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life

Re: Ignorance?

[Q]Originally posted by Justin24
When some one points out their own view they are considered ingnorant by people who dont agree to there ideals. If they point out their view (which is mostly liberal and this board is pretty liberal) they have many supporters even though they may be considered ignorant.[/Q]

Horseshite! People are considered ignorant when they present their ideals in a god awful manner.

Most of the regular liberals on this board have defended my conservatism and my presence in this forum when push comes to shove.

[Q]---oh and where have you been BonoVox???
[/Q]

This is borderline personal. Be glad I am not a mod.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:24 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Re: Re: Ignorance?

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
[Q]Originally posted by Justin24

[Q]---oh and where have you been BonoVox???
[/Q]

This is borderline personal. Be glad I am not a mod.
Um I was just wondering were he was thats all. So people who post other shit that may be bad is ok as long as it's Anti-everything you dont agree with??
Old 03-08-2006, 05:45 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

You can express your conservative values without pissing off half of the board with ignorant, deliberate, hateful posts.
This is very good advice Justin

The fact is you made that comment about bvs (where have you been) in the same post in which you started a spin off thread (which aren't allowed) because he called your comment in that other thread ignorant, so what are people supposed to think? Your reply that you were just wondering where he was doesn't wash because of that, it seems personal because of that whether that was your intent or not.

It has nothing to do with "anti everything you don't agree with", it has to do with what you say and how you say it-which also has nothing to do with "pc" as I tried to explain to you previously.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:52 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I am trying hard not to look like such an ignorant ass (even though,I may have. Which I will admit, but who has not been ignorant?)
Old 03-08-2006, 06:39 PM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life

A lack of political correctness does not mean having a license to be an asshole. If I started harping on your rather questionable spelling and grammar, which I'm sure you wouldn't like, would you like it if I justified by saying, "I'm not PC?"

Just exercise some common sense and mutual respect. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" is good advice and is something that both Christians and secular humanists alike can agree upon.

Melon