If You Were King/Queen of the World...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. Thou shalt award on merit.
2. Thou shalt not settle for mediocrity.
3. Thou shalt be held accountable for the consequences of
all your actions.
4. Thou shalt temper your superstition with reason and your
reason with vision.
5. Thou shalt be honest in your dealings, not conspire behind
closed doors. Thou shalt not treat people as pawns.
6. Thou shalt do as thou speak. Thou shalt not be guilty of hypocrisy.
7. Thou shalt listen.
8. Thou shalt not lick ass or inordinately favor those who lick yours.
9. Thou shalt not set yourself up as authority in all things.
10. Thou shalt not betray the vulnerable.

PS I enjoyed your sd #304. I do read them.

Last edited:
hmm

1. Thou shalt not drink hatorade
2. hmm...

Maybe repeat #1 9 more times. It is important. Too many haters out there.

1742hatorade.jpg

You mean I'm not Queen of the world? :huh: :ohmy:

Damn. :grumpy:

I hereby decree the word AWESOME stricken from the English language...from this point on, never to be spoken again.

So let it be written;
So let it be done

Just off the top of my head-you have to change the world in yourself before you can change the world :wink:

1. All people should be humble above all things, humble thyself constantly

2. Love as unconditionally as possible

3. Do your absolute best to set aside and eliminate all prejudice, strive to be truly empathetic

4. Do not live comparing your life to others' lives-it's a massive waste of time that only leads to trouble of all kinds and unnecessary self loathing

5. All people should help at least one other person every day, or say one sincere kind thing to one person

6. Focus on your own behavior and character instead of putting all your focus on what others say and do. Your focus on what others do and being a self appointed arbiter is more annoying to most people than what you constantly complain about. Be SELF AWARE

7. Apologize (sincerely) when you are wrong or have hurt someone. Work to repair that hurt

8. Learn to recognize and deal with anger and rage

9. Forgive but don't condone or apologize for evil

10. Strive to always be true to yourself but not at the expense of others

Thou Shalt Not Be Ignorant.

This is important. Have you ever thought about how much evil is caused by ignorance? Alot of hate is based on ignorance.

1.Thou shalt not act like an asshole(whether or not you are doing so will be reserved for my discretion, after all, I am Queen!)

2.Thou shalt not put money ahead of the lives and feelings of living creatures, land and structures of historical significance, or the enviornment

3.Thou shalt not intentionally cause physical or emotional harm to any living creature

4.Thou shalt not take your anger out on innocent victims like your spouse, children and pets (take it out on the ass who made you feel that way!)

5.Thou shalt not hate someone simply because of their race, creed, religion, political stance, sexual orientation or financial position. (save your hate for someone who actually pissed you off for a good reason!)

6.Thou shalt not change your oil in your yard and dump it along the fence to kill the weeds

7.Thou shalt not disrespect the feelings and beliefs of others

8.Thou shalt not drive like you're on fire down a residential street

9.Thou shalt not buy a car at an auto auction for $200, scrub the tires, deodorize the interior, give it a $99 paint job and dupe somebody into paying $1500 for it

10. Thou shalt not run up the prices on existing stocked merchandise and then claim "the prices went up so I'm just passing the increase onto the customers"

and if you do, I will have you shot :evil:

MrsSpringsteen said:

6. Focus on your own behavior and character instead of putting all your focus on what others say and do. Your focus on what others do and being a self appointed arbiter is more annoying to most people than what you constantly complain about. Be SELF AWARE

7. Apologize (sincerely) when you are wrong or have hurt someone. Work to repair that hurt

8. Learn to recognize and deal with anger and rage

9. Forgive but don't condone or apologize for evil

I like these.

verte76 said:
Thou Shalt Not Be Ignorant.

This is important. Have you ever thought about how much evil is caused by ignorance? Alot of hate is based on ignorance.

And this.

1. Thou shalt thoroughly examine yourself to see if you possess a particular failing before accusing another of said failing.

2. Thou shalt not judge anyone on the basis of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, handicap, religion (or lack of) or country of origin.

3. Thou shalt remember that the world does not revolve around you.

4. Thou shalt not use the phrase "you know" every 10 seconds during a conversation.

That's all I've got. It's been a long day.

Bono's shades said:
4. Thou shalt not use the phrase "you know" every 10 seconds during a conversation.

can you add "like" to the forbidden phrases??? i was stuck in the bus w/ a pair of undergrad girls, and one of them said "like" at LEAST twice in every sentence. Yes, I counted. I wanted proof that I was hearing what I was hearing.

redhotswami said:

can you add "like" to the forbidden phrases??? i was stuck in the bus w/ a pair of undergrad girls, and one of them said "like" at LEAST twice in every sentence. Yes, I counted. I wanted proof that I was hearing what I was hearing.

I catch myself saying "like" once in a while myself during conversation and it makes me want to bite my tounge off - especially since I'm 39, not 16. I don't think I've ever said it twice in one sentence, though.

Back
Top Bottom