If you have time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeadMansParty

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Please say a prayer for my best friend and roomate Mike, he is the touring guitarist for Papa Roach, and the guitar player for Longfellow, he like me, suffers from Anxiety and depression, but today was the first time he cried. He'd kill me if he knew I was posting this but he has no father, no siblings, and not so good relationship with his mother, he's going thru alot right now, and I saw it in his face this morning. So I saw his door open about an hour ago and walked in to talk with him, and he cried to me telling me about his panic attacks lately and depression, and he knew that I have been thru that, but seeing my best friend cry, he's 30 years old, and this is probably the 2nd time he has ever cried because he holds it all in, I knew that it was serious. So please anyone, give a thought or pray for him, he is like a brother to me, Ive known him for almost 14 years, and he's a rockin person. I know that all of us together in prayer can help him.

Thank you

I know how rough the anxiety/depression route can be. I'm just thankful that I've had it mostly under control the last two and a half years using natural means (the prescriptions just made me feel worse than the depression, and the stimulant nature of most prescription anti-depressants just made me feel constantly stressed out).

I wish him the best, because I know how rough it can be.

Melon

melon said:
I know how rough the anxiety/depression route can be. I'm just thankful that I've had it mostly under control the last two and a half years using natural means (the prescriptions just made me feel worse than the depression, and the stimulant nature of most prescription anti-depressants just made me feel constantly stressed out).

I wish him the best, because I know how rough it can be.

Melon

what natural means have you used?

I'm definitley praying for your friend, DMP. Keep us posted on him. I also would encourage you to urge him to try to talk to somebody. I had a panic attack once and it was because of that — I kept everything in. It sounds like he has a lot of stress from family things and then I can imagine touring for a well-known band is stressful too. I would just keep talking to him to. You sound like a good friend. I'll pray for you too. :hug:

coemgen said:
I'm definitley praying for your friend, DMP. Keep us posted on him. I also would encourage you to urge him to try to talk to somebody. I had a panic attack once and it was because of that — I kept everything in. It sounds like he has a lot of stress from family things and then I can imagine touring for a well-known band is stressful too. I would just keep talking to him to. You sound like a good friend. I'll pray for you too. :hug:

thank you so much

DeadMansParty said:
what natural means have you used?

An amino acid called "phosphatidylserine" that is a mild ACTH inhibitor, which stimulates cortisol release in the adrenal glands. "Cortisol" is what causes stress and PS does a good job of cutting the stress down a bit.

I also use 5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan) to stimulate serotonin production. It also helps me sleep.

Anyway, I should mention that I had a doctor recommend these to me, who was "natural friendly." I'd suggest finding someone similar before playing around with this stuff on your own.

Melon

Mike is in m prayers and thoughts...........I go through bouts of anxiety and depression too that's because I'm hypersensitive of my surroundings...so I can appreciate what he is feeling.

I guess we let things bother us whereas a lot of people really don't give a damn and shrug it all off. But I could neve be that way.....I'd sooner feel my emotions.

:|

Prayers are fine but there are other programs and therapy to consider.
If the world is falling in on him.

Perhaps he should get some professional help.

Yes he probably should get help, but someone who holds everything in like that and can't even cry, that's a very difficult thing to get him to do. At least he has friends who care about him, maybe they can convince him to try something.

I will pray for your friend

MaxFisher said:
Therapy and medication have done wonders for my depression.

I suffer from anxiety and depression too... but I've never been in therapy, many people has asked me to take treatment, but I don't trust in counselors, even less in medication :no:

anyway... my prayers are with mike. Sometimes big achievments come with a lot of stress and anxiety :hug: . I wish him the best and I hope he will have a great time in the tour :)

Back
Top Bottom